TMNT: Back to Live Action

So here's the first glimpse of the TMNT in the new live action movie:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=93587

I'm surprised, as I actually like the look. It's not a huge departure from the comic/cartoon/previous live action movie look, just with more crap pasted on. But, the pasted on crap adds a degree of realism/believability, especially the sweatshirts/hoodies tied around their waists (which obviously they'll wear while walking around the city so as not to freak out people).

I still expect the movie to be a sucky abomination, but at least the look of the turtles was somewhat inspired and an original approach.

So here's the first glimpse of the TMNT in the new live action movie:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=93587

I'm surprised, as I actually like the look. It's not a huge departure from the comic/cartoon/previous live action movie look, just with more crap pasted on. But, the pasted on crap adds a degree of realism/believability, especially the sweatshirts/hoodies tied around their waists (which obviously they'll wear while walking around the city so as not to freak out people).

I still expect the movie to be a sucky abomination, but at least the look of the turtles was somewhat inspired and an original approach.

Huh. I don't know how to feel about this!

It looks like a video game design.

Those are just terrible. I don't get why Hollywood/DC Comics thinks a busier costume is better.

Those are just terrible. I don't get why Hollywood/DC Comics thinks a busier costume is better.

Normally I agree, but I like the designs. There's an element of realism to it (at least in terms of the hoodies), though I'm not sold on Raphael's do-rag look. Also someone mentioned Michelangelo had tattoos, which is a dumb idea, unless the turtles know a tattoo artist, which I doubt.

Last edited:
3606745-leo.jpg

Is it just me or does Leonardo look like a lost boy from Hook?

What is that?

Also, here's Shredder:

shreddernew_large.jpg

Meh. Little overdone on the blade motif. The blade-edge look to his cape is over the top, and the mask (is that a skull-mouth design?) is dumb.

The Turtles turned out much better.

He looks like Sauron and Lord Zed had a kid together.

I'm not sure what to think. Everything is so...different. The Shredder casting is weird. They did seem to get the somewhat playful 'attitude' of the turtles right, if the few scenes of them are anything to go by. Overall I'm not impressed, and this doesn't really make me hopeful for the final product.

It looks like it has an idea of what TMNT is supposed to be like but it can't figure out how to do it. I like how they just gave up on giving Megan Fox red hair.

I'm not sure what to think. Everything is so...different. The Shredder casting is weird. They did seem to get the somewhat playful 'attitude' of the turtles right, if the few scenes of them are anything to go by. Overall I'm not impressed, and this doesn't really make me hopeful for the final product.

This sums up my feelings perfectly. I like William Fichtner, but as the Shredder? So we're going to change a character that originated as a Japanese ninja into a white guy? But...why? What's the point? Merely so he could play a part in the creation of the ooze and the Turtles' origin? Does that mean Splinter will be from Brazil?

Eh...I'll see it...eventually. I'm not expecting it to get decent reviews, but I'll see it once it hits DVD.

Latest posts

Back