TMNT: Back to Live Action

It looks alright. I'm not a huge fan by any means, but it has my attention. Best case scenario: I see something like the first Transformers movie. Worst case: Transformers 2.

So, let me see if I've got this straight... April's dad was working with Shredder (who appears to be white, so I'm guessing his real name isn't Oroku Saki in this film...) to "create heroes," and it's implied that they created the mutagen that mutated the turtles.

So extrapolating on what we know: April's dad was a scientist working for the Shredder, but the Shredder turned out to be evil wanted to use April's dad's work for his own evil ends (you know, as opposed to all the humanitarian ways you can use a mutagenic ooze). Shredder then had her dad killed - probably for stealing the ooze and hiding/trying to destroy it, which of course is where the turtles came from.

When the turtles appear, Shredder takes notice and wants to capture them so he can experiment on them and create more mutants which he can then use in his plan for world domination. April and the turtles team up to take down his evil empire.

Did I miss anything?

Oh yeah, the joke at the end with Michelangelo was pretty funny.

I may watch this when it comes out on DVD. But I'm not sure. The turtles were my first superhero love. I was a huge Ninja Turtles nut as a kid, I don't know if I can handle watching Michael Bay's interpretation.

Last edited:
So, Johnny Knoxville and that guy who played Monk have been cast as the voices of Leonardo and Splinter respectively. Thoughts?

So, Johnny Knoxville and that guy who played Monk have been cast as the voices of Leonardo and Splinter respectively. Thoughts?

Strange. Tony Shalhoub will probably do a good job as Splinter. Not sure about Knoxville as Leonardo. He's probably a better choice as Michelangelo. Also, considering we already heard the voice of Michelangelo in the trailer, will that stay the same or be recast?

Splinter partially revealed in a new spot.

ScreenShot2014-04-14at111519AM_zps20635474.png

"What do mean he looks dumb? He's called Shredder" ~ Michael Bay (probably)

shredder.png

Shredder gonna toss Splinter's salad!

Bay: You know who's cool?

Costume Designer: Fonzie?

Bay: Well, yeah, but you know who else? Wolverine. Give Shredder calws like Wolverine.

Costume Designer: Oookay. I can do that.

Bay: But give him 4. 4 Big ones that'd make it so he can't do anything but shred.

Costume Designer: You're the boss...

[video=youtube;7YpS9zIagdk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YpS9zIagdk[/video]

Well, that's disappointing.

Last edited:
I knew it'd be bad, I was hoping it wouldn't be THAT bad.

I actually think it looks alright. Granted, my expectations were never that high, but I might check it out in a matinee. Not sure why the turtles and Shredder are so over stylized.

I actually think it looks alright. Granted, my expectations were never that high, but I might check it out in a matinee. Not sure why the turtles and Shredder are so over stylized.

Michael Bay (even though he's only producing, his fingerprints are all over it).

I'll check it out. Not expecting greatness by any means, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm kinda curious now that
William Fitchner might not be Shredder now cause he was talking to the shadowy bald guy about upgrading his armor.

Latest posts

Back