Saga
Nailbiter
Ghosted
The Woods
The Manhattan Projects
Uncanny Avengers
Fatale
Deadly Class

So I've got a top 9 this time. I get other books but I either don't feel that they deserve a spot, ie most of my marvel books, or in the case of The Wicked+ The Divine they've only put out one issue. Southern Bastards is really close to making the list, as is Black Science. I'm really not a fan of the art in Black Science, that's what's keeping it off the list E.

Edit: I totally forgot about Sex Criminals! That's easily a top ten book for me!

Last edited:
Afterlife With Archie - Afterlife With Archie has been twisted, demented, and insane. It's so far away from the Archie audience and has been a massive hit. Loved the Sabrina story and cannot wait to see where that is going.

Avengers World - Avengers World is the Avengers book to be reading as far as I'm concerned. Lots of crazy stuff happening including kung-fu fights, ghosts, and monsters. Really great stuff.

Captain Marvel - Kelly Sue DeConnick has been knocking this book out of the park. Carol went from being a character I didn't really care about to being my favorite comic character thanks to this book. Now it's cosmic and I can't wait to see where this goes.

Godzilla: Rulers of Earth - Matt Frank's art alone makes this worth reading. It's classic Godzilla but it still feels new and fresh. The human characters need a little work (it is Godzilla after all), but the fights more than make up for that.

Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man - I feel like I don't even need to list a reason why this is here. This has been the Spider-Man book to be reading since it launched back in 2000.

Mighty Avengers - I'm so glad this book didn't go the way of Young Avengers and just become really poor pandering nonsense. It started off really good and has only gotten better.

Smallville: Season 11 - This was my favorite comics until I started reading my favorite. Bryan Q Miller has done a fantastic job of world building quickly while keeping the stories about the characters. It's also great to have a Superman comic where he acts like Superman. Crisis ahoy!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - This book really has a lot of heart and drama. It's a great to return to a dark and gritty world similar to the one Eastman and Laird made back in the 80s. Eastman is even a writer on this!

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye - Easily my favorite comic. So much heart, tragedy, humor, suspense, killing, and emotion. James Roberts has turned a simple story of robots trying to find out if a legend is real into a rollercoaster of feels and tension. Throw in a bit of horror here and there and some gay romance and it's pretty easy to see why people, including myself, have been raving about this. The writer, artist, and solicitations are promising more death. I don't know if I'm ready. My heart is still healing from the last one.

Transformers: Robots in Disguise - I can't really get into why I like this so much without spoiling it so I'll just say it started as a political drama and turned into a great twist on the classic Transformers story.

Last edited:
In basic but not exact order:

Miracleman
Uncanny Avengers
Hawkeye
Saga
Mind MGMT
Black Science
Silver Surfer
Moon Knight
Iron Fist
Sex Criminals

Honorable mention: Secret Avengers, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Starlight, Adventure Time, Black Widow, Daredevil

Latest posts

Back