TPB Concept Art Scans?

jtg3885

Banned
I'm not sure if this is allowed here, but would someone be willing to email me scans of the concept art for the Black Cat? I think it's in USM TPB #9? I noticed it when I was in Borders, but considering I own the actual comics, I didn't see the need to purchase it just for two or three pages of art.

Why couldn't someone just post it on the boards? They have a concept cover from Hitch of Reed Richards... I'd like to see any concept art that someone could scan! :)

Actually, stupid me, it's in USM TPB #8. #9 is the Ultimate Six one, and is the only one I own. Duhh. And I'm not sure about the site's policies for scanning the actual comics and other contained materials in the TPBs. The hardcover USM #4 has either one or two complete alternate Venom sagas plotted in the back. Reaallly wishing I had held off on the comic-buying. :)

Really? Could you elaborate a bit? I was happy with the one in the actual comics, but you can entertain me with the others.

LOL. Don't own that one either, because I have the comics, but the one part I read was an outline for an eight-parter where Peter uses Eddie to get into the lab to create a source of unlimited webbing, telling Eddie he'll share the results or somesuch for one of Eddie's college classes. He screws Brock over, and the suit is what is created by Peter's experiments. There's also an actual Eddie/Gwen relationship, I think, which either falls apart because of age issues, or Peter's betrayal of Eddie, or both. I'll have to sneak the digicam into Borders and take another gander so I can write up a good summary. I may even be combining the two bits I read into one plot. My memory is about as good as a goldfish's. I do remember some of the Black Cat concept art though... some of it was very Catwoman. There was one though, that I wish they had used for the final. Oh well. :)

Yeah, I'd rather not have art like that posted on the site. We did have some Ultimate Reed Richards art on here, but it was an unreleased cover sketch only and was not part of a book. It appeared originally in Lying in the Gutters. If anyone wants to give him the artwork do it in email.

I have the Venom TPB and must have completely glossed over the plots you mentioned - I'll have to go back and check those out.

Don't worry about the art, I've got the TPB on order from Amazon. I decided to pick up 6, 7, and 8 for vacation, along with UX 1 and 2.

UltimateE said:
I have the Venom TPB and must have completely glossed over the plots you mentioned - I'll have to go back and check those out.
I believe it's in the hardcover version, so that'd be #4. I doubt it's in the paperback version; all the real goodies appear in the damn hardcovers that I'm too impatient to wait for. :)

jtg3885 said:
I believe it's in the hardcover version, so that'd be #4. I doubt it's in the paperback version; all the real goodies appear in the damn hardcovers that I'm too impatient to wait for. :)

Ah - thanks for clarifying. :D

*whistles innocently as he pulls out a box cutter and begins to liberate pages from the hard cover in Borders* j/k

lol. Yeah, that Venom story that you explained was weak... I thought it was too 616 when I was reading about it. Also, the Gwen/ Brock thing in the actual issues was enough. It gave Peter a foreshadowing about Brock's personality. He's all about himself no matter the circumstances.

Goodwill said:
Also, the Gwen/ Brock thing in the actual issues was enough.
Yeah, but in the plot I saw, it was the other way around. Gwen/Brock actually had a relationship and Peter was the one screwing everyone over. Man, this is starting to bug me now. Someone go buy the hardcover #4! :)

It's in hardcover #3, the whole Venom thing. The plot at the back by Bill Jemas tries to turn your sympathy towards Eddie by making him an innocent in it all, and yeah it's Peter who screws Eddie over by using him to get into the university labs. Eddie and Gwen are in love in it, but Gwen's father dissaproves (which doesn't work at all since Captain Stacy was dead by this point). It's quite a rubbish plot, actually. It ties Venom's origin into Spidey's webbing as well, which sucks, because it makes Venom ever present in the comic thereafter.
There isn't another script for it, it's Bendis' first plot for it - with comments by Jemas and Joe Quesada. It's not much different from the story that was printed in USM #33 - 39, though.

Thanks, I never can keep the damn things straight. As for the Captain Stacy thing, considering things thing was probably written before the "Just A Guy" arc, there was nothing to say that Captain Stacy would be dead at that point in the Ultimate Universe.

Something I noticed when re-reading Bill Jemas' original draft for Venom was that when Peter and Eddie were experimenting on the protoplasmic-goo-stuff, Peter entered the lab one day to find a black fetus type thing that appeared to be growing, but it liquified again before Eddie could see it.
Hmmmm...fetus type thing....seems strangely familiar...
Looks like Jemas is still having an influence in the pages of USM, even from beyond...

Seems true... Maybe they'll tie the protoplasmic goo that is Venom into the Carnage story after all. Doc Connors could say to Peter that he saw his father's goo grow into something interesting so he used a sample of it as the base to experiment with Peter's blood. We don't know much about Carnage and Venom's connection.

Latest posts

Back