Transformers Aligned Continuity Discussion

wyokid

I wasn't quite sure where to put this due to it covering multiple mediums in a long continuous storyline. The Aligned continuity was created in 2010 in order to have a single universe for Transformers for the foreseeable future. It comprises of:

Character Bios:
Certain Hall of Fame profiles
Certain Generations toy bios

Novels:
Transformers: Exodus
Transformers: Exiles
Transformers: Retribution
Covenant of Primus

Comics:
Transformers: War for Cybertron #1
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron #1
Transformers Prime: Rage of the Dinobots #1-4
Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters #1-8
Transformers Prime #1-4

Video games:
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Transformers Prime: The Video Game
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark
The upcoming MMO Transformers Universe

TV shows:
Transformers: Prime
Transformers: Rescue Bots
The upcoming Transformers cartoon (sequel to Prime)

A big problem with this universe is some stuff doesn't match up, but Hasbro has stated that while some things will be explained overall their feeling is that good storytelling should come before continuity (I applaud them for that). If it helps you can look at the novels as expanded fiction. And yes, I do have an obsession.

Here's a trailer for Transformers Universe

[video=youtube;JLcRnn0WjK0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLcRnn0WjK0[/video]

You can sign up for beta here

A trailer for Rise of the Dark Spark which is a video game crossover with the Michael Bay films.

Lastly here is a promo picture for the upcoming cartoon

1395872988_10_zps443e0534.jpg

Currently I am reading through Exodus (by Alex Irvine) which details the start of the Great War. It's an interesting spin on the whole thing. Cybertron has a very strict caste system in place, the Cybertronians pretty much all hate it, Orion Pax is a data clerk who becomes fascinated by a gladiator who has taken the name of one the original thirteen: Megatronus. Megatronus eventually takes over the gladiator arena and that's where I stopped yesterday. It's really compelling stuff to me but it's kind of interesting to note that the characters are never described so if you don't really know Transformers or aren't willing to look up the characters it's kind of hard to recommend unless you just want to just imagine what they could look like.

Last edited:
More info on the new show has been revealed.

Hasbro to Launch 'Transformers: Robots in Disguise' Show in Spring 2015

hasbro-transformers.jpg

Will feature the voices of Darren Criss ("Glee"), Constance Zimmer ("House of Cards"), Mitchell Whitfield ("TMNT"), and Ted McGinley ("Married with Children").

Show takes place years after "Transformers Prime," when Bumblebee is summoned to save Earth from a new faction of Decepticons and assembles a rogue team of young Autobots that includes a rebel bad boy bot, an elite guard cadet, a bombastic Dinobot and hyperactive Mini-Con to capture their new enemies.

Each new bot is a fully capable action hero but inexperienced in working together in a team, forcing Bumblebee to become both squad leader and coach, Hasbro said.

Last edited:
Any insight on where to put this? The lounge isn't the best place for it but I agree it's hard to say for sure.

Any insight on where to put this? The lounge isn't the best place for it but I agree it's hard to say for sure.

To make it even harder I read War For Cybertron #1 and started playing War For Cybertron and it is literally a slightly changed version of Transformers: Exodus.

Last edited:
Got accepted for beta testing Transformers Universe. Have tomorrow and Friday off so that's what I'll be doing. I'm going to be really upset if there's massive spoilers since I still haven't read/played/seen a lot of this stuff.

[video=youtube;Js-rcKQkf7Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js-rcKQkf7Y[/video]

Last edited:
FINALLY finished War For Cybertron. As much as I dislike shooters and even though I knew the whole story going in I still really enjoyed it. Well, up until the end of the Autobot campaign when the difficult got cranked to eleven all of a sudden (that may have to do more with me being awful at shooters than anything else). I started playing Rise of the Dark Spark which is a crossover between Aligned and Bayformers. It feels like a War For Cybertron knockoff without any fun.

EDIT: I will say this about Rise of the Dark Spark, the story is epic. It starts out during Transformers: Age of Extinction and you're playing as Drift as you go through the city. You meet up with Optimus Prime and Bumblebee and discover the Dark Spark which is basically like an anti-Matrix of Leadership. Then you get switched over to the Aligned Continuity where the Decepticons and Autobots are trying to get the Dark Spark away from each other. It's a shame the game is so repetitive with bad guys basically swarming you at all times. A lot of the mechanics are pretty cool though.

Last edited:
Finished Rise of the Dark Spark. The story got really dumb, I found out all the "new" mechanics I liked were actually from Fall of Cybertron, while the Aligned Continuity parts were cool they also ended up pretty pointless outside of them explaining a plot hole between War For Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron/Prime, and the Bayformers part ended with one of the biggest let downs ever. This game sucks.

I also started Fall of Cybertron. It's awesome so far. The prequel comic was twisted. Poor Dinobots.

Finished Fall of Cybertron. It dragged a bit near the end but otherwise it was pretty epic. MUCH better than Rise of the Dark Spark.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back