UFF #19 & #20 SOLD OUT.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
As mentioned on ICv2.com, both Ultimate Fantastic Four #19 and #20 (By Carey and Lee) have sold out.

July 12, 2005
Some direct market retailers might want to quibble with Avi Arad's recent assertion that the success of Marvel-based movies translates into more readers for Marvel comics. Certainly sales of Fantastic Four graphic novels have not set any records in bookstores even as the FF movie soared to the number one spot over the past weekend. Still it's hard to argue that Marvel's big screen successes haven't helped its franchise Spider-Man and X-Men comics stay strong in a largely flat market for periodical comics. And though some might point out that recent strong showings by the Fantastic Four in comic book format might have more to do with creators like J. Michael Straczynski, Mike Carey and Jae Lee than with the Tim Story-directed FF film, there is no denying that there is some new life in the venerable Fantastic Four comic book property.

Both issues #19 and #20 of the Ultimate Fantastic Four are sold out from both Marvel and Diamond Comic Distributors. The two issues, written by Mike Carey and illustrated with great verve by Jae Lee, introduced a deadly new villain, the Thinker. Coupled with the success of the Stracynski Fantastic Four, the latest sellouts indicate that there's still plenty of life in the First Family of comics.

I always thought that was misleading, since comics are printed to order with slight overruns for returns. Basically every issue sells out.

UltimateE said:
I always thought that was misleading, since comics are printed to order with slight overruns for returns. Basically every issue sells out.
Yeah, maybe they mean the first printing? :?

icemastertron said:
Yeah, maybe they mean the first printing? :?

It's pretty rare for Marvel to do multiple printings. As far as I know they haven't gone back to press with these 2 issues.

So yeah, I have no idea why they advertise this.

Well, at least we know that this title won't be going down the crapper any time soon. With the success of these two issues and Millar jumping on board, I would say we're sitting pretty with the UFF for a while longer. :)

Goodwill said:
Well, at least we know that this title won't be going down the crapper any time soon. With the success of these two issues and Millar jumping on board, I would say we're sitting pretty with the UFF for a while longer. :)
Well, I don't mean to sound blindly faithful, but I've always felt that even at its worst, the Ultimate brand has always maintained an acceptable level of quality.

Its strange: almost as if whatever creative direction Marvel takes, they always channel their most solid energies into the brand. This is not to say that the Ultimate line is the cream of the crop of all mainstream comics, but it most certainly sets a standard of writing that falls within an acceptable middle ground between accessibility and ambition.

For half the people who complain about Ellis' and Bendis' shortcomings, there seems to be an equal number of people who applaud their competence. Nothing has ever truly gone down the crapper and I doubt it ever will until editorial management changes.

UltimateE said:
It's pretty rare for Marvel to do multiple printings. As far as I know they haven't gone back to press with these 2 issues.

So yeah, I have no idea why they advertise this.

It's called "LYING".

Oh, I'm sorry, I meant "ADVERTISING" or "SPINNING".

Which is the same ****ing thing.

LIARS! YOU GOT AWAY WITH MURDER YOU GODDAMN LIARS!

Goodwill said:

YAY!!!! :rockon:

TheManWithoutFear said:
Rightfully so. Those two issues were awesome. They're going to be forgotten once Millar hops on because everyone worships him but #19 n' 20 are gems of the UFF collection.

As far as I am concerned, I would say that all 20 of the issues have been gems. I've really liked this title from the very beginning, regardless of what they say about how odd Bendis and Millar's arc was. This is my first FF title and I'm loving it so far.

Latest posts

Back