Ultimate Central: The Fanfic - volume 5

When the site Ultimate Central began giving people incredible abilities, its creator Ultimate E created a team of heroes to bring justice to the world and deal with the astounding effects of the site. Icemastertron, Nurhachi, ProjectX2, and The Man Without Fear became the Avatars.

PREVIOUSLY IN ULTIMATE CENTRAL THE FANFIC:

To counter the Avatars and their growing numbers, Goodwill banded together the most powerful supervillains on the planet. Together they should have been able to dominate the world, but the mad egocentricity of the team's leader, coupled with the dissenting force in his ranks, led by Doctor Strangefate, left them with nothing. Goodwill was killed by the nigh-omnipotent UltimateE, who assumed power of the cabinet for a short while, before being spirited away by the almighty Bass Lak Tus. Doctor Strangefate quickly rose to the status of leader, backed by a good deal of the Cabinet.

But who is Doctor Strangefate? What does he want? He has been viewed as both a threat and a joke, and his limits are unclear. The only thing one can be sure of is that he wants power, he wants strength, and that he will do anything necessary to get what he wants.

NURHACHI PRESENTS:
ULTIMATE CENTRAL THE FANFIC
VOLUME 5. CHAPTER 32
HIS DARK MATERIALS PART 1
"THE DOCTOR IS IN"
BY DR STRANGEFATE

Outside of Existence.

In a growing fissure of reality sat a collage of sensationalized data; neither male nor female; neither man nor beast; neither sane nor insane. It was all of these things and more, and yet in one instant it was changed inexplicably, forever. It reached out its finger to touch the edge of the Universe, which bent peculiarly. The being had never experienced free will, never before had it been able to feel love or hate. Overwhelmed and unsatisfied with its surroundings, It decided/knew to love/hate the Universe, for it gave it meaning.

IT: [//activate//program/assimilate.exe]…[//program_activated/]…[//DataDrain_0.007%]

It began to laugh/cry hysterically, as it began to change the World, without the will or the power to stop.

On the other side of creation, a door opened before Doctor Strangefate where only moments earlier had been nothing. The door led to the land of Order and Chaos, a realm to which only he, the Sorcerer Supreme of this Earth, could gain access. The doctor knew what this meant, as it had happened a thousand times before. Something very bad was happening.

---
The Cyberspace Home to the Avatars, Ultimate Central

Icemastertron was troubled as he sat at the central database of Ultimate Central. He could see a pattern emerging in the daily news, television shows, movies, and most frighteningly to him, the Internet. These aspects of contemporary society were sliding down a slippery slope towards ignorance and stupidity… but far too quickly to be anything natural.

PROJECT X2: Um… Ice?

ICEMASTERTRON: Yes?

PROJECT X2: Well, the guys and I were talking, and we put together a list of supplies and things we need to stock the base here with… and we were wondering how we should… uh… you know. Pay for it.

ICEMASTERTRON: Don't you have money?

PROJECT X2: Well, yes, but we thought that since this was for the all of us…

ICEMASTERTRON: I guess I can fit it into our budget... although it would be nice if our "fearless leader" could take charge for once... Now what do we need?

PROJECT X2: Toilet Paper, Chips, Some copies of Ultimate Iron Man to burn for warmth, and…

MWOF: (shouting from the other room) … and Booze!!!

PROJECT X2: And booze…

ICEMASTERTRON: Please tell TheManWithoutFear that it is his fault and his alone that he spent all of that money on a complete set of Daredevil Comics!! His personal expenses are not going to be taken into the Ultimate Central budget.

PROJECT X2: Isn't he supposed to be in charge?

ICEMASTERTRON: I don't care! The second he realizes that he can charge each and every stupid thing to the UC Credit Card, he'll never be sober again!!

PROJECT X2: I dunno… I mean, you're right… but…

There was shouting from the other room.

MWOF: I… WANT… BEEEEEER!!!!!

NURHACHI: I don't have any beer, for god's sake! Leave me alone!!

MWOF: Beer… BEEEER!

NURHACHI: Go away!!!

Icemastertron sighed.

ICEMASTERTRON: Please tell me this is all a horrible horrible dream, and that we really didn't put him in charge.

PROJECT X2: Sorry Ice, its all true.

ICEMASTERTRON: I'm not charging his tab to our Card, and that's final. He may have put me in charge of our money because he had "better things to do," but I'm going to do my job properly. Here, send Ultimate Gambit, let's see how well we can trust that turncoat…

PROJECT X2: Erm… sorry, Ice, but Ultimate Gambit has that Doctor's thing…

ICEMASTERTRON: Damn, you're right… You go, then, I'm checking into something…

PROJECT X2: Sure thing, Ice. See ya!

Project X2 left the room, and Icemastertron turned back to the computer screen, watching the quality and intelligence of news report after news report crumble. He knew something was terribly terribly wrong. He had spent hours now examining everything he could think of, all to no avail. He didn't even know where to begin. Frustrated, he threw his books onto the floor and slumped back into his seat, unsure of what to do.

---
Back on Earth

Ultimate Gambit walked into the office at 3:02 in the afternoon that Monday. This was the fourth appointment he had scheduled this week, but the first he managed to convince himself to go to. He felt weak… stupid for needing to talk to someone, but the dreams had been getting worse and worse in the months since he broke away from Caduceus' control, and he couldn't let himself get any worse. He was already putting his team mates at risk.

He walked up to a young, attractive receptionist. Embarrassed, he looked down at his feet, unable, or at least unwilling, to meet her eyes.

ULTIMATE GAMBIT: Um… hey. I've got an appointment with Doctor Ratsengaf.

RECEPTIONIST: Hmm…? Oh, yes. He gave me a note just a few minutes ago. You should just go right down to his office; it's the third on the right. He's expecting you.

ULTIMATE GAMBIT: …Thanks.

RECEPTIONIST: Not a problem.

She gave Ultimate Gambit a little wink as his eyes met hers, leaving him a little more uncomfortable. Was she being nice because she thought he was crazy? Or was she honestly just a nice person? He hated it when there wasn't a clear motivation, and lately had taken to assuming that the other Avatars were talking about him whenever he wasn't in the room. He approached the door, which read: "Doctor James E. Ratsengaf: Psychiatrist, PH. D." He sighed, then opened the door.

ULTIMATE GAMBIT: Hello?

DOC: Good Evening… Mister Gambit, I presume?

ULTIMATE GAMBIT: It's not my real name… I'm going to need a certain level of Anonymity here.

DOC: I understand… I understand… Not to worry, Mister Gambit. I've (heh) treated many heroes in my day. Please sit down.

Ultimate Gambit did so.

DOC: So how can I be of service to you?

ULTIMATE GAMBIT: Well the thing is, Doctor Ratsengaf…

DOC: Call me Doc.

ULTIMATE GAMBIT: Wait… what?

DOC: I said you should call me Doc, it'll help keep things informal.

The Doctor gave what he must have thought to be an encouraging grin. Instead it gave Ultimate Gambit the impression of someone talking down to him. He got the feeling that Ratsengaf enjoyed telling people what to do. He decided to be cautious.

ULTIMATE GAMBIT: Right… Well, I've been having these strange dreams, and I don't know what to make of them, or how to make them go away.

DOC: Dreams?

Ultimate Gambit noticed Doctor Ratsengaf's eyes light up with an eerie red glow, but as it disappeared he decided it must have been a trick of the light.

DOC: Well, kid, you're in luck. Dreams are all about the subconscious, and digging into the subconscious happens to be one of my strong suits.

The Doctor began to pull something out from inside his jacket. It was a bright, golden Ankh.

DOC: Have you ever heard of Hypnotism?

ULTIMATE GAMBIT: Well… of course… but don't you want to hear what the dreams are about, first?

DOC: Don't be ridiculous. Why would I?

ULTIMATE GAMBIT: … I'm not sure about this

A wicked grin splashed across the doctor's face.

DOC: Trust me, I'm a doctor... Now look directly into this…

He held up a small ankh, and suddenly the world around Ultimate Gambit disappeared in a bright, white light.

---
Sometime Later, in the impenetrable Tower of Strangefate

Doctor Strangefate sat at his desk in a thoughtful trance, his servant, Shade, standing to his side. He looked as though he were solving a particularly troubling problem.

STRANGEFATE: Shade, is Ultimate Gambit sleeping?

Shade nodded

STRANGEFATE: Good… good… hrm. If this entity is what I think it to be, I will be able to take the final steps towards my ultimate goal… Shade, bring me Ourchair and Ultimate Quicksilver, then make sure that our new… heh… guest down in the dungeons is still bound to the wood…

Shade nodded again, and became a part of the shadows, traveling away towards the Cabinet's headquarters in the blink of an eye. Strangefate lost himself in thought once again, and his eyes erupted in an eerie red glow. His face contorted into a manic smile, and he began to laugh. The laugh filled the castle, echoes carrying it on towards eternity. A knock at the door brought him to a stop.

STRANGEFATE: Enter.

Ultimate Quicksilver and Ourchair entered the room cautiously, unsure of their master's intentions.

OURCHAIR: Sire, you called for us?

STRANGEFATE: Yes… now come forward so I may see you properly…

ULTIMATE QUICKSILVER: Is something the matter?

STRANGEFATE: Not exactly. I am about to embark on a rather dangerous mission, one which I am not entirely sure I will be able to survive. You two cannot come with me, I am afraid… but I do have some directions for the continuation of both your training, and the operation of The Cabinet. Ourchair, please turn this statue to my left into a ball.

With a gesture, the statue lifted off the ground, and crunched up into a ball. The Doctor held up a hand.

STRANGEFATE: No… that was too simplistic. You are not moving the metal itself, you are merely crushing it like a child would a soda can. In your mind the metal must be fluid, it must be separated from the rust and dirt. Do it again, with the other statue.

This time the shining liquid metal burst forward from the eyes of the statue and solidified in a seamless, round ball, which the Doctor levitated in the air, smiling.

STRANGEFATE: Ultimate Quicksilver, vibrate your body at super-speed.

The doctor threw the ball through the ethereal body of Ultimate Quicksilver moving through space at lightning speed, it passed through as if he was not there. The lieutenants looked at each other, amazed at their abilities.

STRANGEFATE: Fantastic… now, tell me… how is the recruiting process coming along?

---
A short while later, in the Sewers

SlimJim waited for his guest to arrive cautiously, positioning his Death Knights against the grimy walls so that they could blend into the shadows and be ready to intervene should the meeting turn sour. The murky water was relatively still, and SlimJim couldn't help thinking that this was a trap. At the same time, he was ready for a fight, he had waited far too long to strike against the world of the Living, instilling terror in those who dare face him.

Suddenly, the room was engulfed into shadow, and SlimJim readied himself to launch against his foe. But in the dark, he slipped, falling against the sewer wall. The blackness retreated, centralizing in the room to form a three dimensional figure wrapped in a giant cloak. A dashingly handsome dark haired man stepped out of the cloak onto thin air, walking as if there were an invisible platform. SlimJim was taken aback.

DR STRANGEFATE: New shoes, you know how it is… I'm terribly sorry if I startled you… My new servant, Shade, has made issues of transportation quite easy these days. He doesn't talk much… but I do. So it all works out beautifully in the end, doesn't it?

The Doctor's face contorted into a mad smile

SLIMJIM: This is not the matter you came to discuss.

STRANGEFATE: No, it isn't.

SLIMJIM: Then stop with all of this nonsense, and speak quickly before I –

The Doctor's smile fell into a scowl and his eyes flashed red.

STRANGEFATE: Before you what, exactly? Do not presume to threaten me, SlimJim, I do not take kindly to threats. And frankly, if you honestly thought that your dead friends could have overcome me, you would have made them do so the moment I entered this room.

SLIMJIM: True enough… so tell me, Doctor, what do you need me and my Death Knights for, aside from taunting?

He chuckled to himself briefly before answering.

STRANGEFATE: SlimJim… How would you like to Save the World?

---
On the edge of existence

It/he/she sat, absorbing information like it were oxygen, entrenching it/him/herself with pop culture information so quickly that it began to jumble itself further in a web of . But it/he/she was learning/growing, and it/he/she had formulated/developed/found a personality.

LIL KIS: [//program/DataDrain_0.032%] [//run/program/think.exe]…[//run/program/speak.exe]…helloh?... how is the peeples whear I love so much? I wanto huge the wirld! I'm think that your nto the ones i was tinking about… but wher are thay? I thingk ile chek 2 c if theyre in the pop-ups!

Lil Kis giggled/snarled/yawned, and continued to absorb the essence of society into it's being, slowly spiraling the world towards its own destruction.

Last edited:
Or maybe I'll just forget about that paper, and get the more important thing done first...

:p

Enjoy!

I like how Doctor Strangefate is the main character, and everything revolves around him. Hm, I wonder why that is... :p

Oh please, Houde did the exact same thing, and anyways... for an arc centered around villains, doesn't it make sense to have it revolve around the most powerful villain who is still around?

So... yeah.

And I will be introducing someone more powerful than my character...

GENIUS! This might be my favorite issue. Sorry nur, but lil kis ultimization is pure genius. WOW that was cool.

Last edited:
Yes - the Lil Kis treatment is very well done. Very good.

Hopefully Doc realizes how beneficial it might be to help free E and that's why he is recruiting....

Dr.Strangefate said:
Oh please, Houde did the exact same thing, and anyways... for an arc centered around villains, doesn't it make sense to have it revolve around the most powerful villain who is still around?

Yes, yes I did

And my next one will be about my character as well!

Ain't it grand?

:D Great start to the arc Strangefate. I loved how you showed Ultimate Quicksilver and Ourchair learning to better control there powers. The Lis Kis introduction was great and i'm liking Shade too.

This Chapter was amazing. Much more dark than Moonmaster, I can't believe I was hypnotized again.... you'd think I'd built up some kinda immunity to it hahaha. I loved it though good job Doc

Ha!

One issue in and DSF's run is already kicking mine's ***.

hehe...

Thanks everyone...

Now, what i'm thinking is that I can try to do a monday/friday schedule... but that would be more delay prone.

So it's either I do my best for a monday/friday, or i just go for Weekly, what do you guys think?

He's in the next issue...

but to answer your question, he's pretty much been sitting on the couch.

Latest posts

Back