Ultimate Colossus

If they make Kurt a homosexual I will be extraordinarily disapointed...

The more interesting route to take is having Kurt be so uncomfortable with his best friend... I mean... Kurt feels enough like an outsider as it is, and now he has to face his own prejudices just to be able to find any sort of solace in his strange new home...

As has been said before... Kurt has openly been attracted to Dazzler and Kitty, and I think it would be idiotic to turn that around now...

Kurt's religious side is the one I'd like to see come out a bit more in all of this... I want him to struggle with this on that level, and come to some resolution.

That'd be more interesting than metal on fur action, which would just push ahead the whole stereotype that all gay people just have sex with whomever.

I think its relevant to the topic because how they decide to determine Nightcrawler's sexuality, or however he's going to take the sexuality of his best friend, is going to determine the direction in which they take Colossus...

We know that Peter is openly gay, now the thing to discuss is how his best friend is going to take it...

So far, he's not taking it so well... Is it because of something he's repressed within, or is he being confronted with a reality he doesnt understand?

Either way, how do you all think it will effect peter?

Dr.Strangefate said:
The more interesting route to take is having Kurt be so uncomfortable with his best friend... I mean... Kurt feels enough like an outsider as it is, and now he has to face his own prejudices just to be able to find any sort of solace in his strange new home...

I totally agree. Very well put.

And how Kirkman handles this will show what kind of writer he has.

UltimateE said:
And how Kirkman handles this will show what kind of writer he has.
So he's not really writing it?! :shock:

I think he's handling Colossus maybe just a bit too fast. He just came out to Kurt, and Pete's acting like Kurt's known for a long while.

icemastertron said:
I think he's handling Colossus maybe just a bit too fast. He just came out to Kurt, and Pete's acting like Kurt's known for a long while.

Ever have someone come out to you who you were close with beforehand?

You want to "catch them up" with you, and its hard to judge when you cross a line of what they're comfortable discussing...

So yeah...

But I do agree that Colossus is acting oddly out of character... But i see what Kirky is trying to do.

Totally agree that Colossus may be out of character but you've got to wonder whether or not that is intentional. Colossus used to keep to himself; now that he's honest with Kurt, he's got no reason to be. It's like a freedom for him, is how I'm interpreting it. Now, he can just let it flow. That's kind of cool.

i think it would be so good if Nightcrawler was bisexual, and super open with it (after he accepts it, along with his mutancy, to himself).

i've always seen him as having the gay german accent. you know, the one Nazi officers in the movies have. he definitely doesn't have the Nazi grunt voice.

I think if anything keeps him and Colossus apart, it'd be that Kurt would be too much of a swinger, because he's german.

"Kurt, let us hang these American drapes along the windows, as we are gay characters in a form of media and then must do "gay" things to show people we are gay! Dah, boizhe moi, vodka!"

"mmmm, ja, funboy. those drapes are simply scrumptuous. yummy yummy."

*kitty walks in*

"mmmm, hallo, frau-lein. how about you join my large friend and i, ve could have some fun ja?" *slaps kitty's ****

"kurt, you are so creepy!" *slaps kurt's face*

"ooo, ja, naughty naughty. ve should go see kraftwurk later."

haha ouch.

Seriously, since Kurt shows real disappointment whenever one of the girls gets a BF, I kinda find it very hard to imagine him being actually gay, or even bisexual.

He seems more likely to be biased against gays based on his religious point of views honestly...

He spent most of his youth in Weapon X.

He's not biased in any way, shape, or form, just in complete culture shock.

If anything, Kurt's adherence to religion is what helps him cope, "love everybody" and all that.

jeremiahvedder said:
He spent most of his youth in Weapon X.

He's not biased in any way, shape, or form, just in complete culture shock.

Webster.com said:
3 a : BENT, TENDENCY b : an inclination of temperament or outlook; especially : a personal and sometimes unreasoned judgment : PREJUDICE c : an instance of such prejudice d (1) : deviation of the expected value of a statistical estimate from the quantity it estimates (2) : systematic error introduced into sampling or testing by selecting or encouraging one outcome or answer over others

If he had spent most of his youth in Weapon X, he would have several strong bias against anything liberal.

But actually he grew up in Bavaria (Germany). Rural, Catholic, fairly conservative. This environment, with the exception of the few months spent in the nurturing and loving environment of Weapon X, is all he had ever known before the X-Men.

So yeah, he's bound to be biased on several subject. He has an inclination of temperament and outlook on life that has been shaped by his previous life experience. Having one gay friend is a deviation of the expected value of a statistical estimate of gay he expected to have in his life. (1 being a deviation from 0!). Given where he's coming from, I don't see why it should be surprising that Nightcrawler would have a personal and sometimes unreasoned judgment over behaviors that are considered wrong in a conservative catholic area and in repressive military environment alike.

;)

So yeah, this Nightcrawler is obviously biased against gay at the moment.

And truth is, every single person in this planet is biased against a variety of things. We all have an idea of what the norm should be and we all get unconfortable when things shift too far outside of this norm. Many of those bias aren't even that unhealthy. Some behaviors are outside the norm for a good reason.

As for Nightcrawler, he will stop being biased on this subject when his idea of the norm change to accomodate his friend.

Last edited:
I think it would be more realistic to not have him change.

He's supposed to be Catholic. He doesn't have to hate Colossus, just not support him. If he views it as wrong, it's conflict, and conflict makes for great story.

It would be out of character for him to act out of hate, or disgust, but not to act out of bias. Would he not have the same reaction against somebody who was a satan worshipper? Weirded out and uncomftorable?

It seems a little silly for every 'hero' character to be perfectly accepting in every way of all the small differences that make us unique. That's boring and not very realistic.

Okay, this has been bugging me. Was Colossus REALLY saved by the mob from a firing squad when he was nine? Because come on, NINE?!

Leelan said:
Okay, this has been bugging me. Was Colossus REALLY saved by the mob from a firing squad when he was nine? Because come on, NINE?!
Welcome! :D

And what's so surprising about him being nine at the time? With the Russian mob, it wouldn't be nothing new.

Plus, there are kids in Africa young as 7 or 8 who are trained to kill. This doesn't seem any different.

Well, I am glad that Kurt has hooked up with Dazzler(going with the evidence provided by this years X-Men annual). It's a nice break for him.

I didn't want him to end up with Colossus. Colossus has been way to sensitive for my liking. I preferred the old Colossus who handed Magneto's *** to him. I mean the guy used to be in the Mafiya for cripes sake. Sensitive just doesn't work for someone in the Mafiya. He should have stayed in the closet.

At least he isn't as bad as 616 colossus.

Latest posts

Back