Ultimate Conspiracy, Galactus, and the Origin of Mutanity

Bass said:
Oh, I'm just ruminating that mutanity may have been jumpstarted (if you check my thread "Origin of Mutanity") and that Apocalypse might be involved in that way, based on what was said in this forum about Apocalypse possibly being behind the super soldier serum.

's all.
Ahh, ok.

Bass said:
We're an internet chat page. We must be.

That said, Apocalypse is, in 616, the first mutant. If someone has been purposely jumpstarting mutants for their own purposes, it could be Apocalypse's DNA that is responsible for Magneto, Xavier, and the others in the same way Vision was responsible for the nightmares.

This idea I can see happening, but there is only Apocalypse's motivation. The survival of the fittest thing would work well but you'd have to have Apocalypse wandering around testing the mutants to see if they were worthy of surviving.

Hmm, I'd like to once again bring up the idea that the Kree jump-started the Super-Soldier Program to combat the Skrull backed Nazis.... I still think that that's the most reasonable idea, but what brought both the Kree and the Skrull, and now Gah Lak Tus to Earth??

With the Humans as Weapons and the new initiative to boost the SS program (especially with the knowledge that we have Kree sleeper agents in SHIELD), I wouldnt be suprised if the Kree are trying to steer Earth into a position where it can defend itself from Gah, but why? Whats so important about Earth?

With all these Earth X ideas, there's the possibility of Celestial Eggs, but I think that'd piss me off. Celestials need to be introduced looooong before any revelations about their connections to the UU Earth.

....and as for the Origins of Mutanity.... I think we need to wait on that. Connect the Supersoldier Program to the multiple alien species on Earth, but wait a few more years for a revelation of that nature. I think we'd see the Inhumans sooner than find out that Mutants were genetically engineered to protect Earth. And in addition, I'd guess that Ultimate Arrival coincides with the Ultimates, Fantastic Four, and Spiderman, since they're all in New York. I think the X-men have played their part in the U. Galactus Trilogy.

Now... I dont want Watchers... At all. No Watchers. No Uatu, unless its some super-hacker who puts everything together from all the world's top secret files and realizes what the world's up against, but is bound not to interfere, because he'd be prosecuted, and he doesnt want to be arrested. (maybe his Hacker Alias could be Uatu...)

Can't disagree with you at all there strangefate.

I'm def not into the watchers being extra-terrestrial, it was mentioned before that a watcher be some internet geek that sees everything, I like that Idea.

Yes, I'd liek to think that, too, however, I am getting a smidge tired of all of this super soldier stuff. Unless, of course, your idea about having Earth be the trap set against Galactus is true... I mean, that would give characters, especially Cap. America, more purpose and I would like that purpose a lot.

Well, the Ultimate "Conspiracy" implies that there's a far-reaching, long-term scheme in place.

I dunno.

We'll have to wait and see! :D

I dunno about having further uses for Cap America. I like the idea that he is just a tool, little more than that. A more affective, re-usable missile. The rest of the Ultimates have their own reasons for doing it, to some it's just a job, to tony it's a purpose, to Thor it's a means to an end. But Cap, he's doing it because that's all he's good for.

I dunno about having further uses for Cap America. I like the idea that he is just a tool, little more than that. A more affective, re-usable missile. The rest of the Ultimates have their own reasons for doing it, to some it's just a job, to tony it's a purpose, to Thor it's a means to an end. But Cap, he's doing it because that's all he's good for.

That's true.

As for Apocalypse, didn't Vaughn turn him into Ult. Mr. Sinister's invisible friend/halucination that made him go kill people...I remember reading that issue and being like damn they just threw out one of the most badass villains in the Marvel Universe. I dunno if I would have liked to see Apoc done in the same vein as his 616 counterpart but I would have hoped for a lot more than what was done.

Ultimate Travis said:
That's true.

As for Apocalypse, didn't Vaughn turn him into Ult. Mr. Sinister's invisible friend/halucination that made him go kill people...
That's what some people think, but that was never said officially.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Me and Nurhachi are having our fun until the big toe comes in and says "Apocolypse isn't real, Beast is dead, and...." I forget the other one :?
Hey, don't forget I'm in that bandwagon too! :wink:

You guys, I'm that big toe... Seriously, how can you say that they are real or alive when there is no proof otherwise? ;) C'mon, grow up... We know Tupac is dead, too, I thought I might at that in there for those of you who are dreaming!

Goodwill said:
We know Tupac is dead, too, I thought I might at that in there for those of you who are dreaming!
His remains however will live on forever powering the internet.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Me and Nurhachi are having our fun until the big toe comes in and says "Apocolypse isn't real, Beast is dead, and...." I forget the other one :?

Not sure if you mean me or LSJL, but it's true. :D

Anyway, this is off-topic.

Well, I guess this is the right place to be asking, so here it is...

Do you think that Secret is going to follow SHIELD's attempt to divert Galactus from Earth more than getting to Mars or whatever reason the solicitations gave?

Goodwill said:
Well, I guess this is the right place to be asking, so here it is...

Do you think that Secret is going to follow SHIELD's attempt to divert Galactus from Earth more than getting to Mars or whatever reason the solicitations gave?
I actually don't think Secret will heavily involved Galactus at all. I suspect it will focus on the Kree and Captain Mar-Vell but I suspect it will build up a sub-plot with the Kree then have Galactus come crashing in to burst their bubble.

Latest posts

Back