Ultimate Crossover

The Overlord

Should the Ultimate Universe have any Crossover events (like 616 Marvel with "House of M or DC with Infinite Crisis) or should those be avoided like the plague?

You mean like Ultimate Galactus?
Or Ultimate War?
Or Ultimate Six?

:wink:

I think what Overload means is huge events that take place in the regular issues of series' rather than being sensibly contained within a separate story.

My vote is plague.

UltimateE said:
You mean like Ultimate Galactus?
Or Ultimate War?
Or Ultimate Six?

:wink:

No, I don't I mean Crossover events that effect almost every Ultimate title at the same time.

TheManWithoutFear said:
So can we close this thread now or what?

How about we don't close this thread because my question has not been dealt with yet, I am refering to Crossover events, not just crossovers.

Given that the UU has been designed in such a way that each story is self contained, relatively error free, and remarkably easy to jump on to a title at any time and not feel as though you'd need to read 50 issues before you were back up to speed, I would say no crossovers.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Well wouldn't a Crossover "event" be the trilogy? or Ultimate War?

No, those are just crossovers, not crossover events, like I have saying a Crossover event is something that would effect all the titles at once, like Infinite Crisis at DC. Those titles you have mentioned do not count as crossover events.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Exactly... if you're referring to the fact that we have not heard about it in other Ultimate Titles... I can only say patience. If it's mentioned at all it will be mentioned after.

Those minis still do not count as crossover events because they have not directly affected all the Ultimate titles, like Infinite crisis in DC has, if they are mentioned as an afterthought in other Ultimate titles that still doesn't count, it has to directly affect all the titles.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Exactly... if you're referring to the fact that we have not heard about it in other Ultimate Titles... I can only say patience. If it's mentioned at all it will be mentioned after.
There is still hope.:D

The Overlord said:
Those minis still do not count as crossover events because they have not directly affected all the Ultimate titles, like Infinite crisis in DC has, if they are mentioned as an afterthought in other Ultimate titles that still doesn't count, it has to directly affect all the titles.
Well unless it's some apocolyptic event, I say no. Because I don't think anything that ties in The Ultimates should involved Spider-Man. If Spider-Man does show up it'd be forced and just for the sake of Spider-Man being involved in the event somehow.

I suppose you coould Ultimate Vision as a x-over. Just throwing a twig into the fire, but meh.

Latest posts

Back