Ultimate Extinction #4 Discussion (Spoilers)

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
Bass said:
616 Dark is where Captain America is black. And Spider-Man too. Iron Man comes from the Middle East.

Ironically, Black Panther is an ironic name now, for the superhero who's really a white teenager desperate to get off his coke addict and look after his girlfriend's unwanted teen pregnancy.

I would buy that, and set up a message board for it as well.
 

DanMo

Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2006
Messages
23
great issue. loved it...it's starting to feel more epic and grand (as it should)
does anyone else sense the moondragons teaming up with SHIELD to take down gah lak tus?
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,818
Location
Philadelphia, PA
My question is why the Moon Dragons would attack SHIELD when they are practically doing the same thing they are...
 

Bass

Nexus of the World
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
14,167
Location
Folkestone, UK
SHIELD is trying to get rid of Gah Lak Tus and stop it coming to Earth.

The Moondragons want Gah Lak Tus on Earth so that they can ascend with it and don't want anyone ****ing up their opportunity to be a part of Gah Lak Tus.

Not the same thing really. :)
 

Matthew

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Messages
72
Location
Indiana
Bass said:
I really hope he gets his own ongoing. The Ultimate universe should be more than just 616 Lite.

I don't care if he gets his own ongoing, or joins a team like The Ultimates. I just think there should be more Mar Vehl up in here!
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,818
Location
Philadelphia, PA
Well, I'm beginning to think the Moondragons were a stupid idea... BUT they are entertaining enough and only in the corners of the mini-series so I don't mind it.
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
25,007
If Morrison can wrap up 7 mini-series in one issue, then I'm sure Ellis can do it with 3.
 
Last edited:

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,818
Location
Philadelphia, PA
Yes, definitely... Ellis had this planned out from the beginning. I don't doubt that Ellis will be able to kick all kinds of *** with the conclusion to the Trilogy.
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,818
Location
Philadelphia, PA
I wondered about that when I found out that Silver Surfer was actually the Silver Men... And again when Fury said they were collecting up the Silver Man from New York City. I do wonder if we'll see more of the Silver Surfer... However, I wonder what good he'll be if he doesn't have any arms or legs.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
TheManWithoutFear said:
Not a chance. In fact, I'd be cool never to see him/them again. They don't seem to have any independence from Gah Lak Tus this far and for "one" of them to pull away and be all like "oh, I want to be human. I want to... Love..." would be cheese.

Agreed.
 

E.Vi.L.

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2005
Messages
1,276
Location
Montréal
TheManWithoutFear said:
They don't seem to have any independence from Gah Lak Tus this far and for "one" of them to pull away and be all like "oh, I want to be human. I want to... Love..." would be cheese.

First of all, I doubt anyone imagine that one of the SS would pull away. Far more likely one could be cut off from Gah Lak Tus after his defeat.

And he doesn't need to go Barney on us. He should remain a villain. Perhaps plotting to bring back Gah Lak Tus in this dimension (assuming Reed plan to expel him into another dimension).
 
Last edited:

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
16,716
Location
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
E.Vi.L. said:
First of all, I doubt anyone imagine that one of the SS would pull away. Far more likely one could be cut off from Gah Lak Tus after his defeat.

And he doesn't need to go Barney on us. He should remain a villain. Perhaps plotting to bring back Gah Lak Tus in this dimension (assuming Reed plan to expel him into another dimension).

Well becoming all sinister to pull a "rick moranisesque Gatekeeper" on us would be even worse. Just let it go. Silver Surfer, the way they've done it. Can not be brought back to us plausibly. Only the fanboys will approve.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
TheManWithoutFear said:
Well becoming all sinister to pull a "rick moranisesque Gatekeeper" on us would be even worse. Just let it go. Silver Surfer, the way they've done it. Can not be brought back to us plausibly. Only the fanboys will approve.

I don't think that statement is true...besides, applying plausibility to a comic book is in itself kind of ironic. I understand what you're saying though...you don't want to see a possible return of the character(s) turn out...well..."cheesy", as you put it, and I'm sure most of use would agree. But to say there's no viable or valid way to bring the character(s) back, especially in a comic book, doesn't really make much sense.
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
16,716
Location
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
DIrishB said:
I don't think that statement is true...besides, applying plausibility to a comic book is in itself kind of ironic. I understand what you're saying though...you don't want to see a possible return of the character(s) turn out...well..."cheesy", as you put it, and I'm sure most of use would agree. But to say there's no viable or valid way to bring the character(s) back, especially in a comic book, doesn't really make much sense.
You're right. That makes me sort've a hypocrite. I'm sure they'll think of something.
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,818
Location
Philadelphia, PA
There are plausible ways to bring back the Silver Surfer... They are essentially seeds to physcologically convince human beings that they will meet their inevitable doom sooner rather than later... They've got to have some mental capacity to explain that and to counter any doubt from those who are in disbelief. I don't think we understand the Silver Men enough to say they are just mindless weapons. One could certainly stand on it's own two feet... That is, if he had feet. There'll probably be more development on the Silver Men in this last issue. We'll see.
 
Top