Ultimate Iron Man Premiere HC

Pandrio said:
I think there'll be one out in a couple of months.

Aye, thanks for the confirmation-I knew it may have been dumb to ask something asked on over and over, but I had to take the risk. :)

Darn you, Ultimate Iron Man, if you have no TPB form-not only would the story apparently be way out-there in terms of WTF-ness, but you can't even be aesthetically pleasing and conformist in regards to the rest of the Ultimate universes' collective!

*ba-dum tish*

Last edited:
Bourgeois Buffoon said:
Aye, thanks for the confirmation-I knew it may have been dumb to ask something asked on over and over, but I had to take the risk. :)

Darn you, Ultimate Iron Man, if you have no TPB form-not only would the story apparently be way out-there in terms of WTF-ness, but you can't even be aesthetically pleasing and conformist in regards to the rest of the Ultimate universes' collective!

*ba-dum tish*

Word.

Bourgeois Buffoon said:

*ba-dum tish*

Doesn't bother me as much since most of my UU is in hardcovers (Except the ones that didn't come out in HC like Elektra and Adventures).

Last edited:
I got the HC from Amazon today. I didn't know anything of what the general population of the UM fans thought of this series when i ordered it, and boy do i hate myself for not doing a proper research before i ordered it.

This comic was lousy. The art was great, but this story was so badly written(especially the last two issues) that it was pretty hard to understand the story at times. The plot holes were impossible to overlook. How could Marvel publish this crap?

I would have thought that when the Ultimates vol. 1 and 2 became so popular, that they would have done their best to make the back story of Iron Man(The second most important IMHO of the ultimates) as good as humanly possible. This story made him to alien in my opinion. Wy couldn't Card just make a better version of the original, instead of an Enders Game copy?

If it was a copy of Ender's Game, then it wasn't a very good copy. :D

And welcome!

Asharak said:
I got the HC from Amazon today. I didn't know anything of what the general population of the UM fans thought of this series when i ordered it, and boy do i hate myself for not doing a proper research before i ordered it.

This comic was lousy. The art was great, but this story was so badly written(especially the last two issues) that it was pretty hard to understand the story at times. The plot holes were impossible to overlook. How could Marvel publish this crap?

I would have thought that when the Ultimates vol. 1 and 2 became so popular, that they would have done their best to make the back story of Iron Man(The second most important IMHO of the ultimates) as good as humanly possible. This story made him to alien in my opinion. Wy couldn't Card just make a better version of the original, instead of an Enders Game copy?
Well, we here all seem to hate it, but I'm not sure if research would have told you it sucked. Most of what I've read off this site is positive. I haven't read it, but just the main idea of it sounds horrible to me. And I can't see how it's getting praise.
:rockon::rockon::rockon:Welcome Asharak!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Last edited:
Asharak said:

Welcome. :D

A lot of us here hated it? Most? I dunno. I can't remember if we ever polled for who hated it. I hated it with a passion. It's one of the worst comics I've ever read.

To make things worse, compare it with the awesome reboot Ellis/Granov gave 616 Iron Man. It will make you cry.

And I hated the art. The dialogue was absolutely abysmal. But strangely there are people who liked it. I have no idea why.

Welcome to the UC. You fit in nicely already. ;)

E said:
And I hated the art. The dialogue was absolutely abysmal. But strangely there are people who liked it. I have no idea why.

I'm pretty sure they're called "fanboys", E.

the watcher said:
E, you talk about Card so much in a negative way. As much as TGO talks about himself, about how how great he is., How cool he thinks everyone thinks he is., How how women just fight over him all the time., And how incredibly in love he is with himself. (man, that guy need a room for himself.) My point is...you...hate...Card. It may be a small hate. But a small part of you dose.

E said:
Actually I've been pretty careful about not making personal attacks and only commenting on the hack job that is this book and how he's ruined the character. I like Iron Man but not enough to make me hate a guy who has no clue how to write him.

So yeah, I've made a lot of comments, but never about how I hate Card and never anything of a personal nature. That's bogue.

Anything I have said about Card as a person would have been made in a joking manner.

I can vouch for that...though still some biting and hilarious comments on the UIM series, rightly deserved all, however. E pointed out a lot of the concepts that Card "invented" for the character right away, which in turn went against established continuity and also were just so far fetchingly-stupid (a mutant monkey bit his mother...dude, come on) that it radically changed the persona of the character...except most of us I think like to ignore that. Personally, I still like the character when he's written by just about anyone else...Ultimate Iron Man, mind you...still not interested in 616. Millar does a great job in Ultimates; Bendis has used the character several times, in both USM and in the Ultimate Six mini, etc; I even liked Ellis' version in Ultimate Secret and now in Ultimate Extinction...yadda yadda yadda. I understand we're still in Tony's "early years", and now we see why he likes the booze so much from UIM...but even that seemed forced by Card. Honestly, from the second issue on in that book (and mind you this doesn't even include the first issue where his mother gets bit by a mutant monkey and thats why Tony is the way he is) it just seemed like Card blundered through the rest of the story...now Tony has a healing factor? Ummm...ok. Didn't the last issue seem completely anti-climactic...oohhhh...some guys on a boat...BOOM!...YAY!! Tony's alive!! I mean, its like the end of half the movies starring Steven Seagel, just with an alcoholic rich kid in an expensive suit of armor...you know, with lazers and ****. Anyway, many of us were not at all impressed with the book, and others were able to point out some good factors...um...right...I guess?

TheManWithoutFear said:
*stands there like he has something to say but keeps his mouth shut*

*Fidgitty*

*Explodes*

I bought the hardcover!!! :cry:

I'm sorry!!!

:lol:

Funny.

Like I said before, if I sell all my single issues I'm going to replace them with the TPB's, since I already have about twenty-five volumes worth of trades between USM and UXM, the Ultimates and the UDD mini, and it'll probably save me a fair amount of space.

thee great one said:
DeathToIce.jpg

Thats pretty ****ing twisted...classic TGO.

Ice said:
Even Nur's "disses" to DC are better than that.

Who knows...that might be a literal death threat in TGO-ville. You insult someone, they draw up something on paint then post it on a message board. Sha-Zam!

I'm just kidding TGO, that was actually pretty funny

**Waits to see a picture named "DeathToDIrishB.bmp" posted...**

ProjectX2 said:
Why buy it when I've got it saved to my harddrive?

Because I just sent you a virus...bye, bye, Proj's hard drive...Mwa-ha...Ha-ha...Ahh-Haaaahhhhh-ha-ha-ha-ha!

jtg3885 said:
Cuz I tend to burn the comics when I have one of my psychiatric episodes and light things on fire? But while torching $2.25 comics doesn't phase me, I do tend to have the common sense not to light $20+ hardcovers on fire?

Dude...you can't come over to my place anymore.

Asharak said:

Exactly...I don't know you, but I love you.

ProjectX2 said:
If it was a copy of Ender's Game, then it wasn't a very good copy. :D

And welcome!

It was a definite rehash of the same themes explored in many of Card's novels, most especially the Ender series. I'm pretty sure thats what Asharak is saying...and what many others have been saying for awhile.

Patriot Mk2 said:
Actually, fanboys would fall into the hating group. Its strange.

Quite true...what group would the timeline freak fall into?

I almost picked up a copy of this last week, but all I could find was the "Lil' Tinkering Tony" and not the 'regular' Iron Man cover. Not that the former cover is interesting, but I'd like to see both in person before I decide which one to get. I bought Secret War instead. A little disappointed by that but it's a decent start for my new HC collection.

sax_russell_the_green said:
I almost picked up a copy of this last week, but all I could find was the "Lil' Tinkering Tony" and not the 'regular' Iron Man cover. Not that the former cover is interesting, but I'd like to see both in person before I decide which one to get. I bought Secret War instead. A little disappointed by that but it's a decent start for my new HC collection.

Secret War is friggin' Shakespere compared to Ultimate Iron Man.

Latest posts

Back