Ultimate Marvel Timeline / Chronology (v. 3.0)

UltimateE said:
Sure...no. I thought he was looking through a window like he was in the next room.

I guess you can argue that they still haven't technically met in person if that's the case.

I'm not sure if this is a timeline question, but regarding the game, how is Electro free? If he escaped SHIELD would have picked him up by now. A sort of work-release thing?

Steve GMan said:
How would you explain Reed being born 21 years ago but than saying that he's only 19 in the Ultimate Vision flip?

Ignorance (or a blase attitude about it) on behalf of Millar.

Pandrio said:
EDIT: Speaking of ages, don't know if this was brought up before, but in UXM #3, Wolverine refers to Jean as a certain nineteen-year-old, but in issue 25, Xavier refers to her as an eighteen-year-old.

See above answer.

Steve GMan said:
I always liked the Ultimate Iron Man mini-series, but I was wondering about the errors that Card created. I hear a lot of mention, but none really struck me.

His childhood as presented in UMTU was reported as falsified by SHIELD and/or Stark Industries to keep his true background private, so anything that Card states could basically be true.

Actually, it wasn't reported anywhere. I just made that up to explain away the discrepancies. It makes sense in a way, but its nothing official.

And the mention of Reed Richards in that issue of UMTU is explained as well in some upcoming event. Its name escapes me at the moment though.

Then there is the fact that he was layered in that blue crap to keep him healthy, and people wonder how he can get a tumor. I figured he came off it a long time ago, maybe because he couldn't get drunk with it on, who knows why. I assume it'll all be explained.

I was just wondering any of the other errors I could have missed.

Or is it just shoddy writing that's getting people?

Thats whats been getting to me, don't know about others though. "Brain-body"...heh.

UltimateE said:
Here's another one for you (even though it has little impact on the timeline) - in Extinction #1 Reed tells Sam Wilson it's nice to meet him in person rather than videoconferencing, even though they DID meet in person in part 1 of Millar's Vision story.

I thought the same thing after seeing the UE #1 preview, but then went back and checked Ultimate Vision, Part 1, and it seems they were in fact conversing over video-conference, just Romita did a shoddy job of making that apparent. Notice we never see them in the same room together, just that they seem to be conversing through a window. This window is in fact a large TV screen.

ProjectX2 said:
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure he was just there on the video for the first few pages...

He was, E's mistaken. But I can't blame him, as I said above.

UltimateE said:
I thought he was looking through a window like he was in the next room.

Like I said, it appears that way, and I assumed that was the case up until reading the UE #1 preview pages, but it was just Romita slacking on detail (as usual) and they were in fact talking over a long distance, not just a window. He could have at least added in some digital numbering or something to a corner of the screen to make it appear more like a screen than a window, but considering we're talking about JRJR's art here, it must be taken with a grain of salt...and maybe half a bottle of Stolichnaya to be appreciated.

Steve GMan said:
I'm not sure if this is a timeline question, but regarding the game, how is Electro free? If he escaped SHIELD would have picked him up by now. A sort of work-release thing?

It was never addressed. Its just assumed he escaped somehow. Electro's personal timeline works like this: we first encounter him during the "Learning Curve" arc in USM, he gets his *** whupped by Spidey and is knocked unconcious and spends awhile in a coma. He wakes up, kills some Feds, and is captured by the Ultimates. He somehow escapes or is let out by SHIELD, and makes his appearance in the game, doing some work for Roxxon and testing out Venom's abilities. He then gets beaten, again, and picked up by SHIELD...again. The events of Ultimate Six take place and he escapes custody...yet again. Then he gets beaten again by Spidey and the Ultimates, and is imprisoned, again. Man, Electro's whole criminal career is quite repetitive when you think about it. Anyway, we haven't heard anything out of him since, but I'm sure he'll manage to escape again and cause a bit more trouble before being put down and imprisoned, all over again.

Anyway, updated for Ultimate Spider-Man #88 and Ultimate Fantastic Four #26.

DIrishB said:
Nah, just been really busy working double shifts, and hanging out a lot with friends the past week or two, all in preparation for the massive partying that will be going on this weekend.
Yeah, I knew that. :)

...errr....I mean...:scared:

...That's cool.....Yeah, cool. Good fast thinking. Phew. :D

The "is she 18 or 19?" question isn't so bad - that can be explained easily by saying that she is actually not quite 19 - she'll be 19 that year but is still only 18. Both statements are true.

19 to 21 is a bit more difficult. I know! It was a leap year!

I really enjoy your Ultimate Chronology Timeline and had a few questions.

According to the Official Marvel Handbooks, Ultimate Fantastic Four no.'s 2-12 should follow the events in Ultimate X-Men no.12, shouldn't these issues therefor follow the events on your timeline?

Also shouldn't the Ultimate Spider-Man issue that gueststars the Human Torch should come before the FF go public after the N-Zone storyline?

Is there a reason that these would not work on your timeline? Thanks and once again great job on your personal project.

Jason Doty said:
I really enjoy your Ultimate Chronology Timeline and had a few questions.

Glad you like it.

According to the Official Marvel Handbooks, Ultimate Fantastic Four no.'s 2-12 should follow the events in Ultimate X-Men no.12, shouldn't these issues therefor follow the events on your timeline?

Thats a point of contention I have with the Handbook. The reason I placed the first twelve issues of Ultimate Fantastic Four so early on was to make sense and reconcile the mention of Latveria and Doom in some of the early Ultimate Marvel Team-Up issues. This would require Doom to be in a position of power, something he wasn't in much of until after the Doom arc in UFF. The theory is that after the events of the second arc, four more months pass between Doom and the beginning of the N-Zone arc (its specifically stated in N-Zone its been six months since the teleportation accident, and in the Doom arc it mentioned it'd been two months since that time, leaving us with 4 months between Doom and N-Zone). I also believe another significant time-jump occurs during the construction of the "Awesome" shuttle. I think it was probably only a few months or so, but still a pretty decent chunk of time, so I accounted for that in the timeline. There is no logical reason to place the early issues of UFF before UXM #12 (Ross's supposed death), as its mentioned specifically that when Ross makes his sudden reappearance in the UFF N-Zone arc, its specifically mentioned he managed to survive the attempt on his life (from the Weapon X UXM arc). Therefore, we know Ross worked at the Baxter Building (at least in some capacity) earlier on in his career, as is shown when Molekevic is fired by Professor Storm and General Ross. Later, he's shown to be involved in tracking and subduing the Hulk/Bruce Banner in the UMTU #2-3 issues. Later, he was almost killed in the UXM Weapon X arc. He was presumed dead for awhile, and his death was in fact partially responsible for the creation of the Ultimates. He reappeared, alive and well, in the Ultimate FF N-Zone arc, and hasn't really been seen since.

With the upcoming President Thor arc coming up in UFF, some of the timeline problems with the FF will hopefully be addressed or answered. But as it stands now, thats the best way to reconcile the continuity problems. I suspect the post-President Thor version of the timeline will be substantially different, at least where the earlier UFF issues/arcs are concerned.

Also shouldn't the Ultimate Spider-Man issue that gueststars the Human Torch should come before the FF go public after the N-Zone storyline?

Thats how I used to have it, and think while I was rearranging stuff one day I forgot to fix that. I have fixed it now, though, so thanks for pointing that out.

Is there a reason that these would not work on your timeline? Thanks and once again great job on your personal project.

You're quite welcome, glad you enjoy it. Anyway, take a look now and the USM fix and UFF explanation should help it make some sense...I hope.

Looking at how much time you have spent on giving your viewers a proper reading order, I embarked at reading USM in order. I came up with these page and panel breaks.

Ultimate Spider-Man #1 (pg.1-20)
Ultimate Spider-Man #1 (pg.21-22)~Ultimate Spider-Man #72 (pg.1-2)
Ultimate Spider-Man #1 (pg.23)
Ultimate Spider-Man #1 (pg.24)~Ultimate Spider-Man #72 (pg.3)
Ultimate Spider-Man #72 (pg.4-7)
Ultimate Spider-Man #1 (pg.25-48)
Ultimate Spider-Man #2 (pg.1-22)
Ultimate Spider-Man #3 (pg.1-22)
Ultimate Spider-Man #4 (pg.1-22)
Ultimate Spider-Man #5 (pg.1-21)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg. 1-10p3)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.10p4)~(pg.13p1)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.13p2-14)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.11p1)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.15p1)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.11p2)~(15p2)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.11p3-p4)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.12p1)~(pg.15p3)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.12p2-p3)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.16-22)
Ultimate Spider-Man #7 (pg.1-22)
Ultimate Spider-Man #8 (pg.1-22)

The "~" sign means that the scene is the same in both issues.
See if this jives with your viewing.
Thanks, Jason

Jason Doty said:
Looking at how much time you have spent on giving your viewers a proper reading order, I embarked at reading USM in order. I came up with these page and panel breaks.

Ultimate Spider-Man #1 (pg.1-20)
Ultimate Spider-Man #1 (pg.21-22)~Ultimate Spider-Man #72 (pg.1-2)
Ultimate Spider-Man #1 (pg.23)
Ultimate Spider-Man #1 (pg.24)~Ultimate Spider-Man #72 (pg.3)
Ultimate Spider-Man #72 (pg.4-7)
Ultimate Spider-Man #1 (pg.25-48)
Ultimate Spider-Man #2 (pg.1-22)
Ultimate Spider-Man #3 (pg.1-22)
Ultimate Spider-Man #4 (pg.1-22)
Ultimate Spider-Man #5 (pg.1-21)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg. 1-10p3)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.10p4)~(pg.13p1)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.13p2-14)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.11p1)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.15p1)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.11p2)~(15p2)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.11p3-p4)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.12p1)~(pg.15p3)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.12p2-p3)
Ultimate Spider-Man #6 (pg.16-22)
Ultimate Spider-Man #7 (pg.1-22)
Ultimate Spider-Man #8 (pg.1-22)

The "~" sign means that the scene is the same in both issues.
See if this jives with your viewing.
Thanks, Jason

Looks like it works. Only difference is I don't bother with breaking up specific panels, as that'd just get too confusing. Heck, with the page numbers broken up as they are its confusing, but it had to be done in many cases. Anyway, let me know if you notice anything else you think should be fixed.

It's an upcoming mini by Bendis with art by Michael Turner. It's apparently about Namor and Atlantis attacking us land-dwellers (I believe) and according to Joe Q., it'll be one climatic battle.

As opposed to anti-climatic, which of course means that you're against the weather.

Steve GMan said:
As opposed to anti-climatic, which of course means that you're against the weather.

And which would star Storm instead of Namor.

Steve GMan said:
It's an upcoming mini by Bendis with art by Michael Turner. It's apparently about Namor and Atlantis attacking us land-dwellers (I believe) and according to Joe Q., it'll be one climatic battle.

That about sums it up.

Latest posts

Back