Ultimate Marvel Timeline / Chronology (v. 3.0)

You're right...I'm sorry, Mole. I never wanted to disappoint you. Forgive me.

*digs dartboard out of closet and starts doing the Ultimate timeline the right way*

Maybe a game of cricket after, eh?

That's better :lol:

and sure why not I'm for a game

You know what... your dart method might end up making more sense, Bendis and Loeb didn't write your dart board.

Many thanks to DIrishB and others who have helped contribute to this timeline. I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into it. Today I finished reading the ultimate universe in the order of the timeline. I'm new to comics and just started collecting the ultimate universe. Many many thanks.

Many thanks to DIrishB and others who have helped contribute to this timeline. I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into it. Today I finished reading the ultimate universe in the order of the timeline. I'm new to comics and just started collecting the ultimate universe. Many many thanks.

Welcome to the site!! And from someone who has tried multiple times to complete the universe based on this time line, that's an amazing feat!!

Thanks for saying so. Glad you appreciate it, man. And even moreso that you appreciate it enough to give it a go at reading the whole thing in that order.

Welcome to the site!! And from someone who has tried multiple times to complete the universe based on this time line, that's an amazing feat!!

Seriously. I haven't even gotten around to doing that yet. But don't tell anyone.

I've been meaning to ask, can we make this time-line a little more difficult to read through, like word balloon time line notations?

Seriously though, this time-line is fantastic!

Updated the timeline for UFF #57 and Squadron Supreme 2 #2.

I've been meaning to ask, can we make this time-line a little more difficult to read through, like word balloon time line notations?

See Joe Kalicki's timeline for that. Though you'll have to wait awhile...he's been working on it for over a year or something like that.

;)

Seriously though, this time-line is fantastic!

Thanks, man!

In some timeline-related news, the new preview for USM #125 seems to indicate that I WON'T have to remove the USM video game from the timeline due to opposing storyline stuff. With the appearance of Trask and Toomes (and a re-hash of the scene from the game where they imprison Venom/Eddie), it seems to be re-inforcing that the flashbacks are all in fact just adaptations of the game, and not a re-imagining of it, despite small differences (which are probably needed to translate it to a comic).

We'll see for sure once the arc is over, but I have a feeling this issue (#125) will be the last to feature flashbacks to the game and from here on out will be new story material showing what happens in Spidey's present as a result of the game's events.

Also, the preview of UXM showed a flashback to the Savage Land 15 years prior with Professor X. This now backs up the dating from Ultimate Origins with Prof X and Magneto discovering the Savage Land (or Mags revealing it to Prof X) 16 years before.

In some timeline-related news, the new preview for USM #125 seems to indicate that I WON'T have to remove the USM video game from the timeline due to opposing storyline stuff. With the appearance of Trask and Toomes (and a re-hash of the scene from the game where they imprison Venom/Eddie), it seems to be re-inforcing that the flashbacks are all in fact just adaptations of the game, and not a re-imagining of it, despite small differences (which are probably needed to translate it to a comic).

We'll see for sure once the arc is over, but I have a feeling this issue (#125) will be the last to feature flashbacks to the game and from here on out will be new story material showing what happens in Spidey's present as a result of the game's events.

I seem to remember Bendis saying that USM #126 would be a flashback. He said he had always wanted to do a story with Millar's Ultimates but was afraid to b/c with all the delays he didn't want to mess up Millar's continuity so the best he could do was a cameo in the Dr Strange story. #126 is an "untold tale" of Spidey and the Ultimates (if i remember the article/interview correctly).

And have you thought that maybe Bendis is keeping the video game pretty much in continuity, but not making it a linear story? I was just thinking about it and it seems like it might be spread out, happening between other stories (which would make your job fun!:wink: )
Anyway, that was just a thought running through my head that i wanted to bounce off you.

I seem to remember Bendis saying that USM #126 would be a flashback. He said he had always wanted to do a story with Millar's Ultimates but was afraid to b/c with all the delays he didn't want to mess up Millar's continuity so the best he could do was a cameo in the Dr Strange story. #126 is an "untold tale" of Spidey and the Ultimates (if i remember the article/interview correctly).

I didn't know that. I just assumed the Ultimates showing up occurred in Spidey's present day (which I assume is still pre-Ultimates 3...though the upcoming arc that ties into Ultimatum--which occurs after Ultimates 3--will make that interesting.

And have you thought that maybe Bendis is keeping the video game pretty much in continuity, but not making it a linear story? I was just thinking about it and it seems like it might be spread out, happening between other stories (which would make your job fun!:wink: )
Anyway, that was just a thought running through my head that i wanted to bounce off you.

I've considered it and tried to work it in, but the events of the game for the most part happen within a small amount of time (the exception being the first level which adapts USM #38). With all the upheaval in Peter's life between USM #60-120 (his and MJ's breakup, his and Kitty's breakup, getting back together with MJ recently, Aunt May's heart attack, the Clone thing, Harry dying, etc), the cast line-up or story itself wouldn't mesh well with carrying over plot elements of the game were I to spread it out.

Last edited:
Updated for USM #125, UXM #97, and Ultimate Iron Man #5.

USM #125 started out reaffirmining keeping the USM game in continuity (with the appearance of Trask and Toomes, Peter examining the blood sample, etc), but by the end had done just the opposite (condensing the last several levels into several pages--and mildly, but noticeably changing the story to do so, Peter getting the Venom suit, etc). I've broken it up and placed it as best I can to reflect the events in both and still keep the game in continuity. I really don't want to have to remove it, but will if the remaining issues continue to change the story drastically (and I can't find a way to make it work).

In the Apocalypse arc of Ultimate X-Men, Sue Storm mentions the Ultimates making a sex tape. Wouldn't that make it after Ultimates 3?

In the Apocalypse arc of Ultimate X-Men, Sue Storm mentions the Ultimates making a sex tape. Wouldn't that make it after Ultimates 3?

Doesn't have to. Ultimates 3.1 begins after they discovered the tape because of how popular it had gotten. it could have been public knowledge a while before that.

Latest posts

Back