Ultimate Moon Knight (Speculation)

I must be in the minority. I don't like it.

Just isn't the same without the hood.

It makes no difference to me. I dont know much, but the old costume does look a bit better than this one.

WOW... My jaw literally dropped when I saw that cover, you guys... I was extremely fortunate to not skip over the first and second pages.

Well, about the costume... I think it's a pretty cool costume, to be honest. I do think that, as this is a more realistic universe, a costume as provacative as this one doesn't belong, however, that should be the case for Spider-Man, too. If you took away costumes, you would not be able to attract people to the title... If you have a character that looks cool, people will want to flip through it to see more of such a cool looking costume... While I miss the hood, I think the darkness is a good touch and I'm really interested in seeing him on the interiors!

As for his character... It is a bit odd to introduce him in this sort of time, especially with Bendis and Quesada openly admitting he and a load of other new characters don't have a determined direction to go in. Anyway, I think that he should be a novice a this and allow Spider-Man to be more of a mentor this time rather than him constantly being talked down upon. It's time Spidey outta be able to teach people the ropes since he's been around for more than 70 issues now. I'd like to see that a little more than a man come in and be a father to him... Save that for Conners when he gets out of jail.

Goodwill said:
Anyway, I think that he should be a novice a this and allow Spider-Man to be more of a mentor this time rather than him constantly being talked down upon. It's time Spidey outta be able to teach people the ropes since he's been around for more than 70 issues now.
I really can't see this happening with Moon Knight. Look at the size he's been drawn at, he's clearly full grown. He's going to have issues taking orders from a kid (which he could tell from talking to Spidey which would sort of be necessary) even if he's a newbie and if he's experienced, he won't need advice. I can see something like this happening with Mark Raxton but not with Moon Knight.

And in those few months, Spider-Man has been through more than most at that age... He's been able to handle himself in situations the Ultimates maybe couldn't handle. If a novice hero his own age came around and looked up to someone, that person would be Spider-Man. Peter needs someone to think highly of him outside of Johnny Storm and he needs to be a mentor to someone that knows better (Than Geldoff).

Goodwill said:
And in those few months, Spider-Man has been through more than most at that age...
But he's still going to sound and look like a kid.

Goodwill said:
If a novice hero his own age came around and looked up to someone, that person would be Spider-Man. Peter needs someone to think highly of him outside of Johnny Storm and he needs to be a mentor to someone that knows better (Than Geldoff).
Exactly. Moon Knight isn't drawn, on that cover certainly, to look like he's Peter's age and I'd be pretty surprised if he was a novice. So, as I just said, I can see this happening with Mark Raxton but probably not with Moon Knight.

captain insano

Goodwill said:
WOW... My jaw literally dropped when I saw that cover, you guys... I was extremely fortunate to not skip over the first and second pages.

exactly what i said earlier....

Goodwill said:
As for his character... It is a bit odd to introduce him in this sort of time, especially with Bendis and Quesada openly admitting he and a load of other new characters don't have a determined direction to go in. Anyway, I think that he should be a novice a this and allow Spider-Man to be more of a mentor this time rather than him constantly being talked down upon. It's time Spidey outta be able to teach people the ropes since he's been around for more than 70 issues now.

Im thinking the end of the hobgoblin arc (fury telling pete his plans) may go like this....fury telling pete about other heroes in the city who are young and have similar ordeals, maybe he will get pete to interact with them....maybe the warriors could be a team fury knows about/put together....and he wants spidey to show them the ropes...or maybe not, just a thought..

The Captain said:
Im thinking the end of the hobgoblin arc (fury telling pete his plans) may go like this....fury telling pete about other heroes in the city who are young and have similar ordeals, maybe he will get pete to interact with them....maybe the warriors could be a team fury knows about/put together....and he wants spidey to show them the ropes...or maybe not, just a thought..

Good thought.

I like that idea better than the whole KP/ Hammerhead street fight deal... I'd like to see where Spider-Man stood against a lot of other super heroes.

Goodwill said:
I like that idea better than the whole KP/ Hammerhead street fight deal... I'd like to see where Spider-Man stood against a lot of other super heroes.

I've got a good question... How many heroes in the UU are pre-USM. We know Daredevil/Elektra took place before. and Ultimates are mostly older but they haven't come into the spotlight until recently. Daredevil keeps out of the spotlight. Do you think there's a lot of other heroes who are doing the same thing? Or do you think that their origins will be post USM?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I've got a good question... How many heroes in the UU are pre-USM. We know Daredevil/Elektra took place before. and Ultimates are mostly older but they haven't come into the spotlight until recently. Daredevil keeps out of the spotlight. Do you think there's a lot of other heroes who are doing the same thing? Or do you think that their origins will be post USM?

good question, but i think the new characters will be post USM, unless they are all older and look down on spidey....it all depends on how it goes down, do you think ult moon knight is a kid? take a good look at the pic?? its hard to judge based on how he towers over spidey and how the cape is overly done...

what do you guys think??

not wishful at all

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think your a wishful thinker.

ive been around that board for months now...longer than i have been here..
he usually responds on sundays if anything.....those are days when he is not wrapped up in work it seems.....the last update was i think a sunday night as well, so go figure

I think the Moon Knight costume is cool and I don't anything about Moon kinght because I've never read anything about him before. So would someone tell me his bio.

Latest posts

Back