Ultimate solicitations for June, 2005

Friday

Well-Known Member
Guijllons said:
well, Hitch is working on issue 7 now, so he has a fair amount of time to get it all in. So if there is a delay it would probably only be the last issue by a couple of weeks.

Though I still wonder
Didn't they say they had 6 issues in the can when they started publishing these 4 months ago? If so we're boned come issue 8 or 9.
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
I remember hearing that, Baxter, and you're absolutely right... Hitch is going to have to truck it if he wants to keep the promise that he made before having 2 come out!
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Baxter wrote:
Didn't they say they had 6 issues in the can when they started publishing these 4 months ago? If so we're boned come issue 8 or 9.

My thoughts exactly. If thats the case, whats he been doing the last few months? Going back to issues just before they print and drawing Loki into the backgrounds on several, hehe? If this is the case we'll definitly start having delays around 9 or 10. We can only hope the run will be finished by the end of the year, as #6 isn't shipping till June. Matter of fact, there's no way this run will be done by then.
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Well, I wouldn't say there is no chance... Flipping through #4 I did notice that the quality of art has been taken from a cinematic context to a more comic book. I don't mean that Hitch is losing his touch, on the contrary I think he's refining it so that he can still show off his artistic ability and, at the same time, meet deadlines. Mastering such a skill will come in handy sooner or later.
 

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
ULTIMATE MARVEL #1
ULTIMATE X-MEN #1
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils by ADAM KUBERT
Cover by JOE QUESADA

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #1
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & MARK MILLAR
Pencils by ADAM KUBERT
Cover by BRYAN HITCH
64 pgs / 3.99

ULTIMATE TALES #1
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #0
(First half of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1)
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1
(Second half of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils by MARK BAGLEY
Covers by JOE QUESADA
64 pgs / 3.99


They're flipbooks. Either they're reprinting them cause they're popular or they're for little kids to read.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
ProjectX2 said:
They're flipbooks. Either they're reprinting them cause they're popular or they're for little kids to read.
I believe it's the latter.
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Yeah, E said something about Target doing something like this and referring to the reprints as "flip books".
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Goodwill said:
Yeah, E said something about Target doing something like this and referring to the reprints as "flip books".

I think what I said was that I wasn't sure if this was the same thing.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
ULTIMATE TALES #1
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #0
(First half of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1)
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1
(Second half of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils by MARK BAGLEY
Covers by JOE QUESADA
64 pgs / 3.99


But why is it 64 pages? I'm not understanding this. The first issue of USM was 48 pages, and this is saying that its only collecting that issue, but breaking it up into two parts, #0 is the first half and #1 is the second half. So where are the extra 24 pages coming from? Does this mean it'll also include issue #2? Or are they adding in sketch pages or something? This isn't making any sense.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
DIrishB said:
But why is it 64 pages? I'm not understanding this. The first issue of USM was 48 pages, and this is saying that its only collecting that issue, but breaking it up into two parts, #0 is the first half and #1 is the second half. So where are the extra 24 pages coming from? Does this mean it'll also include issue #2? Or are they adding in sketch pages or something? This isn't making any sense.
It will when it comes out. Patience, young grasshopper.
 

Ultxon

Well-Known Member
It will when it comes out. Patience, young grasshopper.

Ice, if you could do me only one favor for the rest of your life, please don't use Eastern world sayings, quotes, legends, proverbs, or any of that stuff. You'd make me a happy robot.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Ultxon said:
Ice, if you could do me only one favor for the rest of your life, please don't use Eastern world sayings, quotes, legends, proverbs, or any of that stuff. You'd make me a happy robot.
Well, I have bad news for you..... :wink:
 
The solicitations for July are floating around the internet....havent been lucky enough to find them....waiting to hear what the solict says for moon knight..
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
The Captain said:
The solicitations for July are floating around the internet....havent been lucky enough to find them....waiting to hear what the solict says for moon knight..
The only ones I've seen are for Darkhorse on www.millarworld.net. The ones for Marvel won't be online until April 22nd. Well, that date is the ones with covers. The text only ones should be on the net around April 20th.
 
icemastertron said:
The only ones I've seen are for Darkhorse on www.millarworld.net. The ones for Marvel won't be online until April 22nd. Well, that date is the ones with covers. The text only ones should be on the net around April 20th.

so says the mod without advance previews.... :wink:
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
The Captain said:
so says the mod without advance previews.... :wink:
Well hey, if you find them earlier, don't worry about waiting to post, and do so! :p
 
icemastertron said:
Well hey, if you find them earlier, don't worry about waiting to post, and do so! :p

I would, but the people who have them wont share or scan pics for me....theyd rather brag about how the previews show you the identities of the young avengers...
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
The Captain said:
I would, but the people who have them wont share or scan pics for me....theyd rather brag about how the previews show you the identities of the young avengers...
Ahh, damn them to bloody hell!!!

:lol:
 
Top