Ultimate Spider-Man #100 Discussion (SPOILERS!)

"Keep in mind, you were never supposed to see her..." I'm paraphrasing here, of course, but even if he managed to nab Gwen's corpse and reanimate her, it was only for convienience.(sp?) He may not have known what the result of the experimentation on her would have been, but afterwards he knew what he and the C.I.A. had on their hands - a genetic cocktail attack dog... a Hulk-Lite.

Welcome!

I really don't think that's the case. It seems more like Gwen is a clone using the same process as the first Carnage/Richard Parker clone

I don't think he's implying that at all (and he's right - if anything Carnage would be considered male because he's a clone of a male).

Carnage was not cloned from Peter's DNA - it was cloned from Richard's, and whatever blanks in the DNA code had to be filled in they were taken from Peter since he would be a close genetic match (or as close as they would be able to get without having the actual Richard).

Yeah, I'm definetly not trying to say that Peter is a clone of his father.

E hit the nail on the head.

Welcome!

I really don't think that's the case. It seems more like Gwen is a clone using the same process as the first Carnage/Richard Parker clone

Whoa... You think its another Symbiote? I think its gotta be the same one. I mean, we never saw the original die (I dont think...), only a flashbakc of Peter beating the crap out of it.

I think this is the same Carnage, and its figured out how to tak ehuman form. And since it sucked Gwens juices or whatever, it has some of her DNA/memories on file.

But then again, I dont buy USM and havent read this issue, so...

No...a clone. The original was not a symboite either.

Exacly the first one was a clone of the Venom suit(where Richards DNA was) and Pete's DNA

This one might have some Gwen DNA too so theis would be the third Carnage I hope she stays though.

But then again, I dont buy USM and havent read this issue, so...

You don't buy USM but your username is Ultimate MJ.....thats kinda odd in my opinion.

Anyway, I was sort of hoping that the Venom suit in the smokestack would bond with the "Carnage" lifeform thing and voila! A Carnage symbiote....guess not though.

Last edited:
You don't buy USM but your username is Ultimate MJ.....thats kinda odd in my opinion.

MJ doesn't stand for Mary Jane in my name.

And personally, I find it weird to adopt an internet persona after a comic character. But to each their own.

MJ doesn't stand for Mary Jane in my name.

And personally, I find it weird to adopt an internet persona after a comic character. But to each their own.

Ah. Well actually, I didn't get this username from Marvel. It was my name for Halo because their armor was called Mjolnir. I used Thor obviously because Mjolnir was the name of his hammer. Ever since then I have used that name on everything possible and Ultimate Thor is one of my favorite characters.

So don't call me weird.

I wouldn't be surprised if they explain Gwen coming back with the same kind of explaination as Morph/Proteus in the exiles. Basically that it's still Carnage, but with Gwen's memories and without Carnages's mind.

I wouldn't be surprised if they explain Gwen coming back with the same kind of explaination as Morph/Proteus in the exiles. Basically that it's still Carnage, but with Gwen's memories and without Carnages's mind.

You mean like Gwens mind in carnage's body?

I agree with E. I think Gwen is another clone altogether.

See, Bendis described Carnage as a failed clone of Richard Parker. If Richard perfected Connor's method, he would then create a perfect clone. Gwen. She can assume a regular form, but because he used Connor's technique, there is still the Carnage side effect.

maybe when carnage sucks the life out of people he also gets their memories etc (kinda like rogue) and gwen is the domminant personality so it chooses her form to look human.

also when gwen transforms carnage is clearly a guy, which totally threw me.

I agree with E. I think Gwen is another clone altogether.

See, Bendis described Carnage as a failed clone of Richard Parker. If Richard perfected Connor's method, he would then create a perfect clone. Gwen. She can assume a regular form, but because he used Connor's technique, there is still the Carnage side effect.
Okay, that's a better theory than mine. I would prefer that one.

maybe when carnage sucks the life out of people he also gets their memories etc (kinda like rogue) and gwen is the domminant personality so it chooses her form to look human.

also when gwen transforms carnage is clearly a guy, which totally threw me.
And what exactly would a female Carnage look like?

It's bad enough that Vision has breasts.

Latest posts

Back