Ultimate Spider-Man # 79 (SPOILERS)

notTHATtodd said:
In the 616 universe, there never was anything that specifically said that Moon Knight had multiple personalities. I believe that there was a period where they explored the modivation of a costumed superhero and which was the actually person, Moon Knight or Marc Spector. He did operate with several disguises but at no time was it suggested that he didn't know what was happening. I think you guys may be confusing Moon Knight with First Comics The Badger.

Hell yeah man. That's what I told them when I read the OHTMU: Marvel Knights. It doesn't say he's crazy but it says he's works under different disguises. But it is said that Ultimate Moon Knight will be off his rocker... so I guess we're wrong here. But I completely agree with the 616 bit even though I never read a 616 MK adventure...

I think it will be interesting to see a hero that is crazy.... if you think about it, usualy it is the villons who have split personalities..... i think it will be good,..... if i remember right, he has 4 personalities, Moon Knight, Mark Spectr,who is a mercinary in 616, then there is a billionair, which might be his real personality, and there is a cab driver..... if Bendis do'se this right, it could be real cool...... very different from most superheroes....

Vegetable-man said:
I think it will be interesting to see a hero that is crazy.... if you think about it, usualy it is the villons who have split personalities..... i think it will be good,..... if i remember right, he has 4 personalities, Moon Knight, Mark Spectr,who is a mercinary in 616, then there is a billionair, which might be his real personality, and there is a cab driver..... if Bendis do'se this right, it could be real cool...... very different from most superheroes....
Marc Spector is his real name. He became a mercenary after his stint with the CIA he is the billionaire. The cab driver was a means he used to obtain information.

Guys I'm reading this in the book right now and you're all wrong. He was not a schizo. He had sanity problems that dealt with the moonstone but he wasn't internally crazy in 616. Whose the guy who read the Moon Knight books? He'd know better than any of us.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Marc Spector is his real name. He became a mercenary after his stint with the CIA he is the billionaire. The cab driver was a means he used to obtain information.

Guys I'm reading this in the book right now and you're all wrong. He was not a schizo. He had sanity problems that dealt with the moonstone but he wasn't internally crazy in 616. Whose the guy who read the Moon Knight books? He'd know better than any of us.

To the writers, moon knight was crazy, the reader is not supposed to get that feeling, that whole spin on him was put to give his life more emphasis outside of being a superhero....the goal was for him to have multiple personalities, not so much schizo...

There is (yes, another wizard reference) where they say he is a schizo, as well as bendis and whoever the artist was who drew the picture of him....
bendis plans to make the ult moon knight schizo, so thats all there really is to it..

nigma said:
i've posted this link before and i'lll post it again, and this time please follow it MWoF

http://moonknightfan.tripod.com/story.html

It says the exact same thing I've said? Captain's right. If they make him schizo in UU than that's all there is to it. But the major difference between our thoughts on 616 Moon Knight is that people think he was schizo. When it makes clear that he suffered a strain of his pysche because of the stress he was bearing down on himself from playing the role of multiple personalities. There's a huge difference. I mean huge.

Why does Moonknight attack Spidey? And did he sneak past Spdiey Spider sense? Does he appear to have powers? I can't get my issue till next week :(

MarvelWarrior said:
Why does Moonknight attack Spidey? And did he sneak past Spdiey Spider sense? Does he appear to have powers? I can't get my issue till next week :(
They both showed up to a fire at a warehouse and Moon Knight assumes Spider-Man started it. He didn't sneak past the sense. Spider-Man sensed him but it was too late and he gets hit with a billy club and then kicked in the face.

By the way.... THE MOON IS FULL :)

TheManWithoutFear said:
They both showed up to a fire at a warehouse and Moon Knight assumes Spider-Man started it. He didn't sneak past the sense. Spider-Man sensed him but it was too late and he gets hit with a billy club and then kicked in the face.

By the way.... THE MOON IS FULL :)

it really seems like we are the only ones other than djf who actually read/bought the book.

The Captain said:
lemme guess, you would have bought it had i not spoiled you? or you just didnt want it either way?
Oh no, I get USM in trades, because when I started collecting comics, it was too late to get every single issue since #1, and now I just give them a look through at the store. I read them if I have time to.

Let me clear up one thing before moving on to the issue itself.

I don't think Captain did anything wrong. Not spoiling the *entire* issue and not posting any content are two different things. He's right - he has no obligation to spoil each and every detail. Frustrating? Maybe. But if you want more details why not just ask nicely? I have no problem with how Captain started this thread. Enough on that subject.

On to the issue itself - I was pleasently surprised. Nice introduction to the arc, but as someone said earlier he's started several arcs off nicely that turned bad quickly. But nice start. Nice job establishing Hammerhead right off the bat by having him kill Silvermane.

I liked how Hammerhead was written a lot, but the "It sucked. I came back" stuff was lame. Worse than the crappy "explanation" for Ross in UFF. :roll:

Overall a good, solid issue. Lots of characters but it didn't seem gratuitous and was never overwhelming as I thought this arc might be.

I bought it yesterday,after having dropped USM circa #50.Excellent issue,Bendis is back on form.

I have to agree with most of you this has been of one the better issues in USM in a long time, but one thing that is bugging me about how Bendis writes Peter or Spidey is that he's always complaining. Even in New Avengers Spider-Man is always b****ing about something. Hopefully this arc holds up till the end.

Interesting start. Looks like Ultimate Hammerhead isn't just a lowly, dumb-assed thug. He actually has leadership skills and has the guts and the power to bring the Kingpin down. It still sucked that his "death" in UXM was poorly explained though. I also loved the return of the Enforcers and Moon Knight looks cool.

Just to clear things up, schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder are two different things. Schizophrenia actually is a disorder that causes a person to have a different perception of reality, and cannot separate what is real to his imagination. John Nash from "A Beautiful Mind" is a good example of a schizo. In UU, both Osborns are schizos. Harry sees an imaginary "Mr.Shaw" and Norman based on the Legacy arc sees a lot of hallucinations and is a very delusional and bizzare character. You guys probably know about multiple personality disorder already, and its formal name is Dissociative Identity Disorder.

Last edited:
UltimateE said:
I don't think Captain did anything wrong.
"Didn't do anything wrong"! That The Captain doesn't do wrong stands against everything I belive in! Stop messing with my reality! :x (For those who was born without a sense of humor, I can tell you that I'm only joking.)
UltimateE said:
I liked how Hammerhead was written a lot, but the "It sucked. I came back" stuff was lame. Worse than the crappy "explanation" for Ross in UFF. :roll:
That line is a classic movie line, used for example in the movie "Showdown in Little Tokyo". And the "death" is kind of explained when he gets shot in the head. The same thing almost happened in UXM and after that he staid low until now when he resurfaced to be the new Kingpin.

I liked this issue alot. Especially Moon Knight and how he beat up Spider-Man!

Really liked this issue. This has the potential to be the best USM arc yet. Love the crime lord storyline and moon knight is great

Latest posts

Back