Ultimate Thor origin theory.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
OK, if this has been done somewhere else, sorry.

But I want to do this because I thought of something interesting.

You see, what if Thor is not real? I mean, the team thinks that he's just someone who thinks he's a Norse God. But what if the only reason he exists, is because someone else thinks, or belives he exits. (Again, if someone else mentioned this, sorry. Not taking the spotlight away from you on purpose).

For those who read the Earth X and the other books, Loki finds out that he doesn't really exist. He's not a real god. He's only there because people belive him to actually exist, but doesn't. So what if Ultimate Thor is just like this too? I thought of this since like Thor said to the fellow Asgardian in the restaurant, he quit the Ultimates because he got what he wanted.- the fame. He's now known throughout the world. So with more people beliveing in him, well...you guys get me?

And maybe this can be the reason why Thor thought he was talking to someone too. The people who belive, may not belive this guy to be true or something. So Thor may think he is, but not the belivers.

Am I just rambling stupidness here? Tell me what you honestly think.

Last edited:
That's a very interesting theory. Let me think about it and then I'll give you more on what could really be happening.

However...

I am a huge fan of Earth X.

I am of the opinion that everyone who is a super-hero is a mutant.

Even if they got their powers from being bitten or drinking a potion - it was the trauma of those events that sparked the gene.

I also feel the "believe in" theory posed by Alex Ross was a very good idea.

However...

Most people in UU think he's a nut case and therefore don't believe in him.

I reckon Thor is a mutant, but I think he's probably a really, really old one.

At least two thousand years old which gives plenty of opportunity for people to write myths around him.

He maybe the son of a mutant family as well.

He may even be simply cosmic.

No sir I don't like it one bit

You know what I don't like...
all right I didn't read Ultimate 2-1 or whatever yet and I never read anything on Thor before like not the faintest Idea of his background and history first time he even sparked interest in me was when I first read Vol 1 in October.... I am also a huge fan of Mythology (Greek, Roman, Norse)... This is why I never liked the concept of Thor to begin with I didn't like the mixing and now that I've accepted Thor... hell I even love the guy now, very interesting character... I don't know if I'm ready for them to throw in Loki or whoever else they're gonna toss at me...

icemastertron said:
For those who read the Earth X and the other books, Loki finds out that he doesn't really exist. He's not a real god. He's only there because people belive him to actually exist, but doesn't. So what if Ultimate Thor is just like this too? I thought of this since like Thor said to the fellow Asgardian in the restaurant, he quit the Ultimates because he got what he wanted.- the fame. He's now known throughout the world. So with more people beliveing in him, well...you guys get me?

I get you, but I'd be surprised if Millar rehashed that old plot. It worked perfectly within the framework of Earth X. The Ultimates isn't Earth X though.

UltimateE said:
I get you, but I'd be surprised if Millar rehashed that old plot. It worked perfectly within the framework of Earth X. The Ultimates isn't Earth X though.

I know. I was just using Earth X on why I thought what I thought, since what I said remined me of that.

I think it is totally plausable for Thor to have some level of insanity.

I own the two comic shops but my profession is a counsellor and we all have a level of fragility along the line which divides our conscious from our unconscious.

We keep our trauma hidden deep within our unconscious but the more fragile that line, the more voices and visions we see as the trauma seeps through to our waken state.

But you do not have to be labled nuts to have acute anxiety.

Thor seems to be a happy go lucky kinda guy and I expect someone hasraised this before - Thor reminds me of James Stewart in "Harvey".

I think Thor is the real thing, and this is all Loki's doing. The fact that Loki escaped is very important when you read the entire comic.
Loki is discrediting Thor, Stark used to be good friends with the Thunder God, and now he's off telling Larry King and all of America that Thor's a nut-case. Then, when Thor talks to Volstagg, he makes the people see Thor sitting there talking to himself for five minutes. Loki has the power to do all of this, to manipulate things like this. We know, simply because Dr. Strange exists, that there is more that just the clear reasons for everything. There is Magic and Mystery in the Ultimate Universe. But I bet they put Thor into an insane Asylum anyways, because of Loki, and Thor will begin to doubt himself even. But I'll just have to wait and see

I was personally hoping that Millar would never reveal the truth about Thor. One of the things that makes Thor distinct from the other heroes is that nobody knows anything about him. For me, seeing the Ultimates argue with him on whether he's a god or a madman would be continually interesting, and it can create more drama than if it actually turned out that Thor was for real.

I'm not buying it. For one thing, Thor did away with a bomb. If he's not real where did that bomb go? Where did that piece of actual physical material go if it was banished by someone who doesn't really exist? Also, don't you think that's a little too far out for the Ultimate Universe?

Aeroth said:
I was personally hoping that Millar would never reveal the truth about Thor. One of the things that makes Thor distinct from the other heroes is that nobody knows anything about him. For me, seeing the Ultimates argue with him on whether he's a god or a madman would be continually interesting, and it can create more drama than if it actually turned out that Thor was for real.

I totally agree. When Millar said he was going to go into Thor's godhood I was kinda bummed.

Goodwill said:
I'm not buying it. For one thing, Thor did away with a bomb. If he's not real where did that bomb go? Where did that piece of actual physical material go if it was banished by someone who doesn't really exist? Also, don't you think that's a little too far out for the Ultimate Universe?

It's obvious that Thor has special powers. Doesn't mean he's actually a god.

I tend to think that Thor is the real thing.. but that might just be more of what I am hoping for on my own.. so.. I have nothing real to contribute just thought its been a while since I have posted..

Aeroth said:
that is totally the way I feel... I couldn't help but crack a smile everytime they questioned Thor's powers and an argument would come about... it was just a cool and a unique situation that I wish they wouldn't have to deal with...
on the other hand...
since they are bringing in Loki I think it would make sense to make Thor actually The Thor and have him as a God I just wish they kept Loki out of it and do what Aeroth said...

longshotjimlee said:
However...

I am a huge fan of Earth X.

I am of the opinion that everyone who is a super-hero is a mutant.

Even if they got their powers from being bitten or drinking a potion - it was the trauma of those events that sparked the gene.

I also feel the "believe in" theory posed by Alex Ross was a very good idea.

However...

Most people in UU think he's a nut case and therefore don't believe in him.

I reckon Thor is a mutant, but I think he's probably a really, really old one.

At least two thousand years old which gives plenty of opportunity for people to write myths around him.

He maybe the son of a mutant family as well.

He may even be simply cosmic.
This theory with Thor about the mutant aspect leading to everything is a lot like the theory I made up for Captain America back on that board.. it makes a lot of sense to me... however I still believe if there is a real Loki like we are possibly set to see soon.. and they have shared memories that go back aways I believe they will both be the genuine article..

I wouldn't be surprised to see Millar address some questions about Thor's godhood but never really answer the question about what he is. Some things are best left unsaid. Why ruin the character? I can see this being as ambiguous as Ultimate Apocolypse, and I have no problem with that.

Aeroth said:
It's obvious that Thor has special powers. Doesn't mean he's actually a god.

I was actually canning Ice's idea because, if he were imaginary, he couldn't banish that bomb to somewhere else imaginary that's not right.

Latest posts

Back