Ultimate X-Men #55 discussion (spoilers)

Finally got and read this issue (I waited for teh actual book rather than read the online version).

BKV is so awesome on this book. He totally has the team dynamic worked perfectly. They play off each others powers perfectly, and that goes for the junior members too. There's a definite "real" quality to them and how they interact - I'm thinking specifically of the conversation in the plane about Professor and "plausible deniability". Great stuff.

This book under BKV is so consistantly great from issue to issue and arc to arc. The Ultimizations of Longshot and Mojo are just so perfectly thought out and applied...I'm just so impressed with BKV's grasp on the idea of Ultimization.

If Marvel was smart they'd lock him up on UXM for the rest of his life.

UltimateE said:
Finally got and read this issue (I waited for teh actual book rather than read the online version).

BKV is so awesome on this book. He totally has the team dynamic worked perfectly. They play off each others powers perfectly, and that goes for the junior members too. There's a definite "real" quality to them and how they interact - I'm thinking specifically of the conversation in the plane about Professor and "plausible deniability". Great stuff.

This book under BKV is so consistantly great from issue to issue and arc to arc. The Ultimizations of Longshot and Mojo are just so perfectly thought out and applied...I'm just so impressed with BKV's grasp on the idea of Ultimization.

If Marvel was smart they'd lock him up on UXM for the rest of his life.

hmmm so Mr. E, you like the issue much? :twisted:

I also waited for the actual issue to come out before I read it. Can anyone post a link for more info on Spiral?

Also, I have the feeling the jr. X-men (Angel, Dazzler, etc.) aren't out of trouble yet.

In the solicits for the last issue, something along the lines of
"Mojo demands the return of Longshot otherwise Angel might end up with a halo" or somethign equally corny

Here's a link to an article about the races of Mojoverse that mentions Spiral and Ricochet Rita in the characters section. its not perfect but its something
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/atlas/showquestion.asp?faq=13&fldAuto=58

Thats a bit different on Spiral
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=1000

Thanks for the links Caduceus. A little confusing, but I got the just of it. I wonder if Ultimate Spiral has the same powers? If so, I wouldn't put it past Vaughan to kill off yet another X-man... (Angel maybe?)

Latest posts

Back