Ultimates 2 #10 cover released

You know, I had a thought about Captain America and Red Skull.

You know how Fury Mentioned in U2 #8 about the 'convieniance' of finding Captain America when building the super-human team? Well, picture this, 1975, soviet submarines, or whatever find a body frozen in ice (Captain America). They take him back to Soviet labs or whatever and begin testing. Realising they have Captain America (still frozen mind you), and the best they can get out of the syrum is what Black Widow is. So, to get the full potential, they clone Captain America. The US finds out that the USSR is doing something with super-humans. And an unmarked militant group destroys the lab in wich the twenty-year old clone was being kept. The lab goes down in flames, and America denies all involvement. The Clone, however, because of teh super-soldier syrum, survives, but with severe burns. So bad, that the skin is burned away and all that remains is the pressing outline of the skull, and the red of the burns. So damaging, that it becomes permanent and he returns to his superiors as the Red Skull. Holding cap in ice for several years (hoping to get what they can out of the syrum) the United States begins building their super-soldiger team, and for whatever reason, The remaining pockets of the USSR place the frozen cap back into the water where Stark Industrialist divers find him.

Thus, the creation of the Red Skull for the Ultimate Universe. The team then lowly gathers up the remaining counter-force for teh Ultimates, which wasn't strong enough to beat the Ultimates. So their plan to take down the Ultimates one by one (i.e. Hulk, Thor, Captain America himself) went into motion. They wanted the Ultimates to work initially, so they could smash them and show the world that they're the bad boys of the world.

Hawkeye101 said:
You know, I had a thought about Captain America and Red Skull.

You know how Fury Mentioned in U2 #8 about the 'convieniance' of finding Captain America when building the super-human team? Well, picture this, 1975, soviet submarines, or whatever find a body frozen in ice (Captain America). They take him back to Soviet labs or whatever and begin testing. Realising they have Captain America (still frozen mind you), and the best they can get out of the syrum is what Black Widow is. So, to get the full potential, they clone Captain America. The US finds out that the USSR is doing something with super-humans. And an unmarked militant group destroys the lab in wich the twenty-year old clone was being kept. The lab goes down in flames, and America denies all involvement. The Clone, however, because of teh super-soldier syrum, survives, but with severe burns. So bad, that the skin is burned away and all that remains is the pressing outline of the skull, and the red of the burns. So damaging, that it becomes permanent and he returns to his superiors as the Red Skull. Holding cap in ice for several years (hoping to get what they can out of the syrum) the United States begins building their super-soldiger team, and for whatever reason, The remaining pockets of the USSR place the frozen cap back into the water where Stark Industrialist divers find him.

Thus, the creation of the Red Skull for the Ultimate Universe. The team then lowly gathers up the remaining counter-force for teh Ultimates, which wasn't strong enough to beat the Ultimates. So their plan to take down the Ultimates one by one (i.e. Hulk, Thor, Captain America himself) went into motion. They wanted the Ultimates to work initially, so they could smash them and show the world that they're the bad boys of the world.

Eh, not agreeing with that idea (as usual). ;)

The main reason being them "putting Cap back" into the water. If anything they'd keep him for further research or destroy his body so no one else could find him and perform similar tests with similar results. I'm really wondering how Red Skull is going to come about...but we might not even find that out in the title. He may just be introduced with no back-story whatsoever, though I doubt it. I'm really wondering how Millar is going to pull this one off. I'm also wondering why the Ultimate version of Red Skull is named that, whether its due to his appearance or just a codename.

UltimateE said:
Do you not consider the reserves to be part of the team?

. . .I totally forgot about the Reserves, actually. o_O

Still, the Reserves are cheap knock-offs, too. But I'm still sticking to my guns: This a foreign (Probably an Asian Coalition) superteam. And I'm looking foward to it.

As for this being Russia, it probably IS partly Russia, but the whole team won't be. Therefore it stands to reason that China'll probably have somebody in there.

Lynx said:
. . .I totally forgot about the Reserves, actually. o_O

Still, the Reserves are cheap knock-offs, too. But I'm still sticking to my guns: This a foreign (Probably an Asian Coalition) superteam. And I'm looking foward to it.

As for this being Russia, it probably IS partly Russia, but the whole team won't be. Therefore it stands to reason that China'll probably have somebody in there.

I wonder why no one has considered this evil Ultimates counterpart to be Canadian. ;)

DIrishB said:
Genius! Maybe the robot looking dude we're assuming is Iron Man is Box. I didn't notice any midgets though, so maybe Puck's Ultimization are the huge robots.

And the Abominatiuon-thing is really Sasquatch! I LOVE IT!

But in all seriousness, everybody who doesn't think this is another superteam needs to see this.

Vanguard.jpg

It's kind of small, but that pretty much guarantees who the Thor is. Vanguard. I had totally forgotten that he used a hammer and sickle.

Lynx said:
And the Abominatiuon-thing is really Sasquatch! I LOVE IT!

Makes sense to me.

But in all seriousness, everybody who doesn't think this is another superteam needs to see this.

Vanguard.jpg

It's kind of small, but that pretty much guarantees who the Thor is. Vanguard. I had totally forgotten that he used a hammer and sickle.

Awesome, good find Lynx. Far as I'm concerned that IS Ultimate Vanguard after seeing this. Either that or an incredible coincidence. You made my day Lynx!

DIrishB said:
Awesome, good find Lynx. Far as I'm concerned that IS Ultimate Vanguard after seeing this. Either that or an incredible coincidence. You made my day Lynx!

It simply has to be. There is honestly no other reason to give those weapons to another superperson, new or Ultimitized. The others would be hard to prove (Except Abomination, but there are a few people who don't even believe that). We'll have to wait and see for the rest to be revealed.

I'm kicking myself for not seeing the hammer and sickle and realizing that it's Vanguard. Very good find, Lynx!

Last edited:
Doc Comic said:
I'm kicking myself for not seeing the hammer and sickle and realizing that it's Vanguard. Very good find, Lynx!

Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I just realized that he used a sickle and hammer. So I decided to show everyone. :wink:

Here's wrtie-ups on a few of the Soviet Super Soldiers.

Vanguard: A mutant, Vanguard had the ability to deflect energy back at its source. To this end, Vanguard employed weapons made to look like the hammer and sickle that were the symbol of the Soviet Union. The weapons could also be used to strike at his opponents. The Vanguard was the brother of fellow teammate Darkstar.

-I'm convinced he's the Thor opposite.

Darkstar: A mutant, Darkstar possessed the ability to project and manipulate the darkforce an extra-dimensional substance that absorbed both heat and light. Darkstar could use the dark force to fly and project it into crude forms that she could manipulate. Darkstar served in the Soviet Super Soldiers and also worked with the short-lived group the Champions. During her time with the Champions, Darkstar carried on a romance with the X-Man Iceman.

-She could easily be the Scarlet Witch opposite, but so could Enchatress. I don't know at this point.

Ursa Major:A mutant, Ursa Major has the ability to transform himself into a super-strong, injury resistant bear.

-Could technically be the Hulk opposite, but I'm really hoping for Abomination instead.

DIrishB said:
I'm not absolutely certain either, but you have to admit it seems VERY likely.
No, it looks like a possibility. I don't see why a mutant with such power would need to utilise, and indeed get first dibs on Thor's old harness.

Guijllons said:
No, it looks like a possibility. I don't see why a mutant with such power would need to utilise, and indeed get first dibs on Thor's old harness.

You're assuming the harness is actually a piece of technology. Not to mention, who know's if this other team managed to create something similiar to Thor's harness.

Last edited:
Guijllons said:

He doesn't necessarily have to be a mutant in the Ultimate universe, and given that Gunnar/Loki had access to the technical specs of the harness, its not unlikely he gave one to his allies.

Latest posts

Back