Ultimates 2 #11 <spoilers>

It was pretty kickass as expected. I was hopeing they'd avoid Hulk's return but it's cool to see this taking place after Hulk Vs. Wolverine with continuity in check. Thor's scenes sends shivers through me but Hawkeye coming back to be all badass and getting his *** kicked didn't turn me on as much. Loki's whole "Odin will know where I am" is crazy cool.

I wonder what the interaction between Hulk and Pym is gonna be. I'd like to see them forgive Hulk go after Pym and Hulk stick up for him.

5/5 - fantastic. Very busy like Rhyo said but I didn't come away from it feeling overloaded or anything like that. I didn't think it took anything away from it.

I have to say there was one thing that really made me mad - I was reading the issue in my car and my phone rang, so I set the comic down in my lap, answered it, hung up, and when I went to pick it up it was open to the last page, ruining the ending for me (even though I was expecting it). Arrrgh!

Tony Stark is so cool. I'm so glad he's being used properly here while it seems like he's being ruined in 616. I can't wait to see what the suit is that he called up - War Machine would be very cool.

Hawkeye - I love how he is portrayed throughtout this series. When we see him, he's always just finished doing his thing and is standing over his enemy...I just think it's so cool that we hardly see him in the act of shooting. Like he is so good and so fast that they can't even portray it.

I was kind of surprised how specifically they used George Bush. No complaints, I just thought it was strange. Kind of ballsy.

Even though the ending was expected, to a degree, I thought it was great. They SHOULD be using Hulk. I just hope we get a decent explanation of how they were able to contact him (unless maybe this is addressed in Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk).

Great issue.

E said:
Even though the ending was expected, to a degree, I thought it was great. They SHOULD be using Hulk. I just hope we get a decent explanation of how they were able to contact him (unless maybe this is addressed in Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk).

Great issue.

Contact him?

News Reports all over the world: America is under attack.

Bruce: Maybe I should get over there.... like now.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Contact him?

News Reports all over the world: America is under attack.

Bruce: Maybe I should get over there.... like now.
Exactly. Wether or not he was in the U.S., he would have heard about what was going on. But maybe he was already somewhere in the states to get there faster?

O man...o man o man o man!!!! Soooooooo great.......not classic........but really great.

I'm so hyped for Thor's return and inevitable showdown with Loki. I wonder if they will fight? If so...how awesome would it be to see a cameo of Odin forbidding them to fight? Meh....geeky fanboy in me talkin' here...

E said:
I just hope we get a decent explanation of how they were able to contact him (unless maybe this is addressed in Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk).

Yeah....I don't think it was a matter of him being contacted. I mean the whole nation is under attack. Its not hard to hypothesize that they're gonna go to DC for the big stuff.

So I don't think they conatcted him. More along the lines of him figuring where they were gonna be...and just showing up to help.

Last edited:
E said:
I was kind of surprised how specifically they used George Bush. No complaints, I just thought it was strange. Kind of ballsy.
Yeah I hate how they do that in the UU. I would prefer it like they did in UXM by having his face hidden. Seeing Bush just kinda take the fun out of it for me and doesnt sit right. With an original character as the president you can make the policies/persaonalites whatever they want. I also hate how they had actual celebrities in Ultimates VOl 1. it seemed really forced and took some quality out of it.

Victor Von Doom said:
Yeah....I don't think it was a matter of him being contacted. I mean the whole nation is under attack. Its not hard to hypothesize that they're gonna go to DC for the big stuff.

So I don't think they conatcted him. More along the lines of him figuring where they were gonna be...and just showing up to help.
Maybe in Wolverine vs Hulk they catch on the Liberators plan and that's why Bruce got there in time

Last edited:
I just figured at the point he (Banner) shows up America had only been under attack for a few hours at most - not enough time to get back to America wherever he was (and he wasn't already in America - he explicitly says "the second I got back to my own damn country"). I can't imagine that there are any airplanes landing in Washington DC at this point. It would have to be a heck of a coincidence that he shows up at ground zero, so to speak, and in a battle-ready mindset. Seems to me like he was brought back. I just hope the reason and method makes sense.

E said:
I can't imagine that there are any airplanes landing in Washington DC at this point.
That's cuz you're not imagining right. You're right that no airplanes would land there. I mean, no commercial airplanes if you know what I mean. :wink:

'Cuz someone could've owed Bruce a favor.

And this would be looking at it if he wasn't brought back, pov. But if he was, by who? Who had the chance to get him or send for him?

Last edited:
Ice said:
That's cuz you're not imagining right. You're right that no airplanes would land there. I mean, no commercial airplanes if you know what I mean. :wink:

I mean, someone could've owed Bruce a favor.
*Plays sad music from Incredible Hulk show as Ultimate Banner holds his thumb out*

I bet it would be cover in that mini, maybe he wanted to get Fury to stop coming after him or something

Last edited:
Seeing Hawkeye almost made me wet myself a little.

I wonder what the the Europeans are planning... unless it was them who imported Bruce Banner, that would make sense, they have motive and means.

Is QuickSilver dead?

I'm probally in the minority here, but I have to say, I'm not really too concerned with Thor, of all the story plots, that's the least interesting.

But that's just me.

Awsome issue, and I can't wait untill I turn 45 (I'm 17 now) and Ultimates 12 comes out.

UltimateJedi said:
Is QuickSilver dead?

Doubt it - they said he was out, not dead. They would have said if he was dead and they would've been a lot more panicky.

UltimateJedi said:
I'm probally in the minority here, but I have to say, I'm not really too concerned with Thor, of all the story plots, that's the least interesting.

Huh..I disagree. It seems obvious that he's coming back, but seeing what he will do and how he will do it is the biggest thing I'm looking forward to.

E said:
Huh..I disagree. It seems obvious that he's coming back, but seeing what he will do and how he will do it is the biggest thing I'm looking forward to.
Lets hope they dont **** it up

Random said:
Yeah I hate how they do that in the UU. I would prefer it like they did in UXM by having his face hidden. Seeing Bush just kinda take the fun out of it for me and doesnt sit right. With an original character as the president you can make the policies/persaonalites whatever they want. I also hate how they had actual celebrities in Ultimates VOl 1. it seemed really forced and took some quality out of it.

Gotta disagree. I really enjoy it, as it adds that much more realism to the story. Especially since Bush has been making appearances since the end of Ultimates #3. Besides, I can understand a European wanting to poke jabs at Bush through his work...it just makes sense. Its like them liking soccer...don't think about it too much, just accept it.

Point is, it makes this world that much more of a parallel to our own by adding in real-world personas.

E said:
I just figured at the point he (Banner) shows up America had only been under attack for a few hours at most - not enough time to get back to America wherever he was (and he wasn't already in America - he explicitly says "the second I got back to my own damn country"). I can't imagine that there are any airplanes landing in Washington DC at this point. It would have to be a heck of a coincidence that he shows up at ground zero, so to speak, and in a battle-ready mindset. Seems to me like he was brought back. I just hope the reason and method makes sense.

Well, we know he can jump huge distances...how long do you think it would take him to leap 5000 miles? ;)

UltimateJedi said:
Seeing Hawkeye almost made me wet myself a little.

I wonder what the the Europeans are planning... unless it was them who imported Bruce Banner, that would make sense, they have motive and means.

Good point. That could be what Captain Britain was referring to, a little foreshadowing before Hulk/Bruce actually shows up later in the issue. After all, if SHIELD can keep track of the Hulk, I'm sure the European Union can as well, or just get the info directly from SHIELD.

Is QuickSilver dead?

No, just unconcious it seems. Scarlet Witch said he was being resucitated and should be fine in a couple of minutes, so I assume he was only knocked out instead of actually dead and attempting to be resucitated that way.

Anyway, really enjoyed the issue, as most everyone else did. It gets a 5/5 on my rating scale.

DIrishB said:
No, just unconcious it seems. Scarlet Witch said he was being resucitated and should be fine in a couple of minutes, so I assume he was only knocked out instead of actually dead and attempting to be resucitated that way.

That way he can come out of nowhere and turn the tide of the battle in issue 12.

God, I love Ultimate 'Silver.

Zombipanda said:
That way he can come out of nowhere and turn the tide of the battle in issue 12.

God, I love Ultimate 'Silver.

Exactly. I just can't wait to see the developments next issue, with Iron Man's new suit, Thor's questioned Godhood finally answered (supposedly), and the rest of the team kicking the Liberators' collective asses. I tell you what, if us Americans were self-absorbed and full of ourselves before, just wait until after #12. ;)

E said:

Exactly. I think that's the most anticipated event most everyone is looking forward to.

He is the most interesting character in the series. Such a great departure form his 616 counterpart.

It sounds cool. I wonder then if Ult. Falcon will show up as shown in the August solicitations for the Annual. I'm pretty sure the other UU heroes will have some say sooner or later.

Hibiki said:
It sounds cool. I wonder then if Ult. Falcon will show up as shown in the August solicitations for the Annual.

:?

Yeah....he and Cap are the main focus on the Annual. I doubt you'll see him anytime before the Annual.

Hibiki said:
I'm pretty sure the other UU heroes will have some say sooner or later.

They will. Its been stated in other threads that the writers of the UU said that they wanna wait until Millar and Hitch finish their run before they address the events in their comics.

Victor Von Doom said:
:?
They will. Its been stated in other threads that the writers of the UU said that they wanna wait until Millar and Hitch finish their run before they address the events in their comics.
Specially since everything else takes months before the current issues of Ultimates 2.

Latest posts

Back