Ultimates 4 News? (Spoilers)

I like the idea that this is the big oh **** team and Avengers is the Black Ops/Nick Fury team but I wish there would be some larger difference in the teams similar to New and Mighty Avengers. Sadly, Loeb is writing and if Ultimates 3 is any inclination, this is going to be completely unreadable. No thanks Ult. Avengers will continue to be my Avenger book.

Why are they trying to make this look exactly like 616?

Because when they made the 616 universe exactly like the Ultimate universe, it worked well (for the 616 books). Apparently they're trying the flip side to that logic. Why? I don't know.

If that means we can get Bruce Campbell in the series, I'll consider it a win!

Mustached Bruce only, please.

I was discussing with someone the other day point-by-point what needed to be done to fix the Ultimate Universe, and we broke it down to two simple points. Orcs and dragons.

It's like Loeb read my mind!

:lol:

I'm not expecting Loeb to stick around the Ultimate verse too much longer. I think the New Ultimates and Ultimate X books will each get only an arc by Loeb, and will either end or continue on with a new writer. At least I hope so...

Because when they made the 616 universe exactly like the Ultimate universe, it worked well (for the 616 books). Apparently they're trying the flip side to that logic. Why? I don't know.

Mustached Bruce only, please.

:lol:

I'm not expecting Loeb to stick around the Ultimate verse too much longer. I think the New Ultimates and Ultimate X books will each get only an arc by Loeb, and will either end or continue on with a new writer. At least I hope so...

Or he'll stay as he has with Hulk. Sadly, he may never leave UU.

Last edited:
123_ULTIMATE_COMICS_NEW_ULTIMATES_1.jpg

This will have to be EXTREMELY well received for SEVERAL issue before I'll read one in the store to decide if I will buy one issue. SHould even one of the first issues receive a lukewarm reception, it will be a definite 'don't bother'. Why am I even giving it the remotest possibility? Because I'd like any comic to be good. Why am I relying on others' opinions before even bothering to make my own? Because I bought U3 #1-4 (though not #5 and not Ultimatum). I am responsible for sending the wrong message to Marvel about those first 4 issues - the only message they understand. The one that starts with $ and ends with $.

That won't happen again

Bendis or Luke Cage?

(I'm hoping you were referring to Bendis. I also hope he at least TRIES to 'give Loeb some powers')

Last edited:
I like the art, but what is with Loeb? Doesn't he know that there's Ultimate Avengers? Oh, wait... There's no solicitation for it.

Actually it is. It comes out in March.

Assuming it doesn't get delayed.

Last edited:
I notice a couple of things here...

1.) Ultimate X is also absent from the solicitations this month. I thought these new volumes were supposed to correct the Ultimate Universe...

2.) The New Ultimate don't have a single X-Man on the team. You would think that's logical because they've had experience. I guess we'll see what happens to mutant-kind soon, as they have been shunned after Ultimatum.

By the way, the Defenders is labeled as the "villain variant". Weirder.

Latest posts

Back