Ultimates and SHIELD need a flagship book

Do you think Fury's title that was announced

Correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing was announced. I'm pretty sure Bendis (or Millar) just said it could happen.

I don't actually see why you guys get so excited. Remember, it'll be more than a year until vol. runs to an end, and Millar said from the beginning, he'd do two volumes and then male place for someone elte to take over.
As long as Ultimates is successful, Marvel will do shit too drop it. They're making money out of it, right. Think about it, we get more and more addition to the ultimate universe. they obviously wanna sell more ultimate books (three minis this year alone. compare it to the whole number of minis so far). I actually doubt the'll drop ultimates.
I do think, though, that millar will leave after vol. 2 as stated. he's the type who get's bored quickly and turns to other projects. Considering some of the things he has done, I wouldn't even mourn. His ultimates rock, but ultimate x-men and ultimate ff have had many flaws. Both actually got better, after Millar left and a new writer took over (Ellis and Vaughan). Even if Millar created the soul of Ultimates, there are others that might continue his good work, keep up the standards, even improve on it. And Marvel will give them a chance, because they don't want to drop successful titles.

Ricky

As long as Ultimates is successful, Marvel will do shit too drop it. They're making money out of it, right. Think about it, we get more and more addition to the ultimate universe. they obviously wanna sell more ultimate books (three minis this year alone. compare it to the whole number of minis so far). I actually doubt the'll drop ultimates.

It's not really an issue of dropping it...think of it as 2 separate minis as well.

ultimate ff have had many flaws

His actual involvement on UFF is debatable.

Nay! I want the FF to finally become part of continuity!
Hopefully, Ultimate secret'll do that for us

Yeah, knowing Fury, he'll bound up to meet them somewhere, no matter what. He's just that kinda guy. Its almost creepy if you think about it.

I just don't want SHIELD to butt into there lives like they have everyone else... It's realistic, but really annoying.

*shrugs* The FF are technically illegal unnatural genetic mutations. Their powers are derived from non-natural, non-sanctioned sources. If Peter can be held accountable for the fact an Oz-enhanced spider bit him, the Fantastic Four could be brought under Fury's jurisdiction under the same pretense.

I just don't want SHIELD to butt into there lives like they have everyone else... It's realistic

It's also their JOB. They have to; it's one of the main reasons they exist.

As a comic fan growing up, I never really understood S.H.I.E.L.D.'s reason for existing, other than being a suped-up army with a cool name, but now since I've started reading the Ultimate books I understand their role more and more. They really do have jurisdiction over just about everything that goes down in the Ultimate universe. And Fury pulls all the strings.

As a comic fan growing up, I never really understood S.H.I.E.L.D.'s reason for existing, other than being a suped-up army with a cool name, but now since I've started reading the Ultimate books I understand their role more and more.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. On top of that, I didn't give a crap about Captain America or the Avengers either; they just weren't interesting to me. Ultimates completely changed how I look at them.

You're absolutely right, but what appealed to me with those characters was that they were iconic and the original.

Latest posts

Back