Violent Massacre....Geek Style!

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
World of Warcraft, otherwise known simply as WoW, is one of the most popular and successful computer games in history. It is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game that 6 million people pay $10 -15 per month to play. This type of popularity creates a sample size that is large enough to reflect the forces that control it. In Layman's terms, with this many people playing this online game at any given time human nature tends to get a stronger representation.

The first "reality" check was a bug that caused a plague to outbreak and affect people's characters in certain cases instantly killing any player below a certain level.

The second "reality" check was when this group of Warcraft players otherwise known as a guild interrupted a memorial service. Apparently, some dude dies in real life who is a popular WoW player. The people in the game think it would be nice to have a memorial for the player so they log into his account, take the character to a lake, and set it up for everyone to come pay their respects.

A bunch of dudes decide this would be a great time to ambush everyone so they run over a hill, kill the dead guy's character, and then wipe out everyone who was there to show their respects. They filmed the whole thing and put it on the net.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7667194685876573666&q=serenity+now&pl=true

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't care how wrong it was..........I still find it hilarious. I'm an ***.....and I know.

"I like to park in handicap spaces....and watch handicap people make handicap faces. I'm an ***hole-e-o-o-e-o-e-o-e-oooo!!!!!"

Haha, watching all those characters chase one another... priceless.

I don't play these games and don't know about the community or anything like that, but that is hilarious. I think the music did it, although imagining people sitting at their computers and not having a clue what was happening helped.

I mean, yeah it sucks and it was a nice gesture, but they can't honestly say they were surprised.

Victor Von Doom said:
I'm an ***hole-e-o-o-e-o-e-o-e-oooo!!!!!"

WHO sings that song? I hear it all the time.

I dislike WoW.

But I'm surprised at some of you. I thought this ambush was despicable.

A bunch of friends lose one of the their own, a valued member of their gaming community. Since they live so far apart, across the online community that spans the globe, they decide to pay their respects in the venue of their lives that they knew them from.

And then some ****s ruin the whole thing.

It's not on.

If these funeral bashers were their arch-rivals in the game and there was a long history of competitive rivalry, fair enough. But it was just callous malevolence.

I thought the whole thing was really despicable. People go on and on about how WoWers are big stupid geeks (myself included) but I thought this was an incredibly sweet and mature gesture from people who are maligned as having no grip on reality. They do a very real thing here. And then people ruin it by hiding behind the anonymity of the internet, and people think they're funny.

Sorry. I think it is just not on.

Victor Von Doom said:
Dennis Leary. You hear it all the time??? Really??? I haven't heard it since it came out YEARS ago.

Howard Stern plays it quite a bit.

Bass said:
I dislike WoW.

A bunch of friends lose one of the their own, a valued member of their gaming community. Since they live so far apart, across the online community that spans the globe, they decide to pay their respects in the venue of their lives that they knew them from.

It's not on.

If these funeral bashers were their arch-rivals in the game and there was a long history of competitive rivalry, fair enough. But it was just callous malevolence.

I thought the whole thing was really despicable. People go on and on about how WoWers are big stupid geeks (myself included) but I thought this was an incredibly sweet and mature gesture from people who are maligned as having no grip on reality. They do a very real thing here. And then people ruin it by hiding behind the anonymity of the internet, and people think they're funny.

Bass makes it sound even funnier!

Bass said:
I dislike WoW.

It's not on.

I never take death seriously. It sucks but hate those people that was *****es to them before they die then turn around after they die and are all "He was such a nice person who would help a old lady across the street." No one ever as anything bad to say to person when there died. Which is stupid.

I take as fun.

I truthfully found no humor in this. All I could imagine was some idiot with a sword running into my grandfather's funeral, decapitating him then killing everyone in the funeral home. Not funny. Even if its a virtual funeral, its still a funeral.

Ultxon said:
I truthfully found no humor in this. All I could imagine was some idiot with a sword running into my grandfather's funeral, decapitating him then killing everyone in the funeral home. Not funny. Even if its a virtual funeral, its still a funeral.

Truthfully I would be pissed if that happened to me. But it would be genius.

Ultxon said:

You laughed when you saw it in Monty Python.

This has gotta be the funniest thing I've seen done on a video game... Like, people were actually lining up to pay respects... I were a player I'd of cut in line or something... If I would even waste my time finding the guy. I give the people who ransacked the little party props.

Goodwill said:
This has gotta be the funniest thing I've seen done on a video game... Like, people were actually lining up to pay respects... I were a player I'd of cut in line or something... If I would even waste my time finding the guy. I give the people who ransacked the little party props.

That's taking it a bit too far Goody.

Ultimate Warrior said:
This must be some American-Three-Stooges-kind-of-humour-thing because I REALLY don't get the fun in it. :?
Hey! Hey!

Three Stooges is awesome comedy! This is not! Three Stooges is waaaaaaaaaaay far above this in comedy. This has no comedy at all.

Thank you. :)

Why can't it be hilarious and wrong at the same time?

The guys who did this are jackasses. I'd never do something like this and would never be friend with someone who did.

But I didn't know the dead guy OR the jackasses who pulled the stunt so it's just funny to me.

It's like Africa's penis shrinkers scares. Several times each year, a mob of idiotic* Nigerian or Kenyan get it into their heads that a foreigner is a penis shrinker sorcerer and lynch him. By foreigner, I mean a guy just as black as them but from another tribe.

Think about it. Lynching a man for being a penis shrinker! It's hilarious! But oh so wrong.

That's the same thing with this WoW debacle. On the one hand, you have to wonder about what kind of colossal jerks would do something like this. But once you have a mental picture of said colossal jerks, you have to laugh. Because they are downright cartoonish in their jerkiness, you see?

*Not saying that all Nigerians or Kenyans are idiots. Just the hundred of thousands who have participated in a penis shrinker lynching mob over the past 20 years. Just so you know. You'd think one of them would stand up and say : "Where are the shrunk penises? If we have a penis shrinker, there must be shrunk penises! Let the men with the shrunken penises step forward and drop their pants for the world to see that we have indeed a penis shrinker amongst us! Oh, and bring your wives for confirmation that you weren't always short in the pants."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back