Webcomics.

020.png

And yet...

Penny Arcade is ****ing stupid, and one of the stupidest webcomics on the internets

Remember folks, get yourself screened for Terminal Irony today.

A) That's a webcomic Shade was doing in high school with just paper and pen and a scanner, that I brought up again when he started posting here again briefly... No need to be a complete ******* about it or anything, really...

B) I take into consideration the fact that the real-life Gabe and Tycho are total Jerkoffs, in as much that after reading a lot of interaction between them and other creators, I cannot enjoy their stuff anymore.

You want good comics? The Dumbrella group of Webcomic artists are consistently the best comics out there, and they are fun guys without sticks up their asses.

Overcompensating, Goats, Scary Go Round, and Boy on a Stick and Slither are amazing and hilarious.

Also: The Adventures of Dr. McNinja.

Last edited:
I love Penny Arcade. I also like Shade's comic there. Building robots is hard.

DSF, have you met Gabe and Tycho (Jerry Haulkins and Mike Krahulik) before? I have, and It's true that they're raging *******s most of the time, but they are very entertaining people. And though they do tend to bash creators in every creative industry imaginable, their strip is consistently very funny. It's little consilation, but they do really only go after those who are doing whatever they do incompetantly (American Greeting Cards, Jack Thompson, etc).

And have you heard of Childs Play? I don't know many other webcomic creators who are both "jerkoffs" and have donated over $2 million in games and toys to sick children.

And, like, their comic is teh roxxorz.

A) That's a webcomic Shade was doing in high school with just paper and pen and a scanner, that I brought up again when he started posting here again briefly... No need to be a complete ******* about it or anything, really...

I didn't really make myself clear, I'm not saying that Shade's comic is at all stupid. I actually thought it was quite funny. But it's exactly the type of humour, situation and formula Penny Arcade specializes in. I don't see how you can love one and hate the other. That's all.

B) I take into consideration the fact that the real-life Gabe and Tycho are total Jerkoffs, in as much that after reading a lot of interaction between them and other creators, I cannot enjoy their stuff anymore.

So.... their comic is "****ing stupid, and one of the stupidest webcomics on the internets" because you think the authors are rude to their rivals?

I'm not following you...

You want good comics?

I wouldn't be reading Penny Arcade if I didn't.;)

The Dumbrella group of Webcomic artists are consistently the best comics out there, and they are fun guys without sticks up their asses.

Overcompensating, Goats, Scary Go Round, and Boy on a Stick and Slither are amazing and hilarious.

Also: The Adventures of Dr. McNinja.

Cool, I'll check them out.

I love Penny Arcade. I also like Shade's comic there. Building robots is hard.

Yep.

DSF, have you met Gabe and Tycho (Jerry Haulkins and Mike Krahulik) before? I have, and It's true that they're raging *******s most of the time, but they are very entertaining people. And though they do tend to bash creators in every creative industry imaginable, their strip is consistently very funny.

Exactly, and aside from the fact that the pretty much whole point of the strip itself is how Gabe and Tycho are, infact, *******s to everyone, including each other, the fact that it's funny and clever justifies it automatically.

And have you heard of Childs Play? I don't know many other webcomic creators who are both "jerkoffs" and have donated over $2 million in games and toys to sick children.

That's awesome. Good to know.

*shrug* To each their own. I just don't like Penny Arcade that much, and I don't read it, and I don't plan on reading it any time soon.

It probably doesn't help that i've only played five video games to their finishing points in the last six or seven years (Kingdom Hearts, KH2, Oddworld: Abe's Exodus, Final Fantasy VIII, Katamari Damacy), and i'm not a lot of a gamer.

Cracked's 8 funniest webcomics

Brad Neely is awesome, as evidenced by my avatar and sig.

Our of all of those, the only one I read is Penny Arcade. The Perry Bible Fellowship looks really good, though(that second strip they showed was very, very funny). I'll have to check that out.

The others are all just a mish-mash of robots, ninjas, monkeys on crack, meme's and mainstream absurdism, which sad to say, used to be funny because it was so different and jarring, and now is just background noise to me.

Our of all of those, the only one I read is Penny Arcade. The Perry Bible Fellowship looks really good, though(that second strip they showed was very, very funny). I'll have to check that out.

The others are all just a mish-mash of robots, ninjas, monkeys on crack, meme's and mainstream absurdism, which sad to say, used to be funny because it was so different and jarring, and now is just background noise to me.

Perry Bible Fellowship is the best thing ever, and Dr. McNinja doesn't pander to crappy jokes like you might think it would.

I kind of feel like whoever made that list purposely chose not to include anything too popular because it makes them seem less hip. You need to make sure that you're down with the indie webcomics, though, I suppose.

Dr. McNinja, Dinosaur comics and Penny Arcade are awesome though.

I totally agree with Overcompensating, Dinosaur Comics, Dr. McNinja, and the best webcomic ever, Perry Bible Felloship.

And I don't know what circles you hang out in, but all of these webcomics are really popular around the internet...

What would you consider to be a "more popular" webcomic?

I totally agree with Overcompensating, Dinosaur Comics, Dr. McNinja, and the best webcomic ever, Perry Bible Felloship.

And I don't know what circles you hang out in, but all of these webcomics are really popular around the internet...

What would you consider to be a "more popular" webcomic?

Well I would have liked to see The Order of the Stick included.

Hey can somebody tell me where i can read some good webcomics? im bored

So am I...for some reason it has a bad rep on the internets, though.

I recall hearing people say he sold out, but I dont get where that's coming from. He's just making a profit of merchandise, the comic in books, and animated shorts, which are great. I think people are just jealous

Latest posts

Back