What do you hate about comics?

I hate how things go unexplained. Absent in Ellis' run on UFF, lack of explanation has littered what I know as comics for a while. It's a small problem of mine but it bothers me at times.

ourchair said:
I don't think there's anything wrong with professing some sort of loyalty or allegiance to a label or publisher, but at the same time I think it's sad when people use it as a crutch in refusing to buy anything new or as a catch-all indicator of what they think is ultimately worth buying.

I on the other hand am more attracted to a book based on the character. I mostly buy Marvel books, but if for some weird reason DC started publishing Spider-Man or Avengers I would still buy them.

I agree that it's kind of dumb to not buy from one publisher *because* you buy from another, but to me it's equally dumb to pledge loyalty to a publisher.

Nurhachi said:
:rockon: Marvel

are you calling me dumb E? :sure:

No, of course not Lou..er, I mean Nur. :D

UltimateE said:
I on the other hand am more attracted to a book based on the character. I mostly buy Marvel books, but if for some weird reason DC started publishing Spider-Man or Avengers I would still buy them.
Same here. Assuming editorial policy were unchanged and the same teams and writers were involved, I too would buy DC's Ultimate Fantastic Four. AOL Time Warner should just get it over with and buy Marvel. :twisted:

I've always been a Marvel person; always have and always will, but unlike some people, I've got the guts to go out and change what I read. I'll go to the library and read some JLA titles (JLA: Year One was excellent) as well as Batman, Superman (utter crap) and many more. I think that Marvel does put out a good range of titles (teens, young childrne, mature), yet so do other companies. People moan that people who are dependant on one company won't read other titles from other publishers. To me, that's ****.

I'm like a lot of people here. I'm mostly a marvel fan. To be honest i'm in the same cructh many of you are in. Sometime when I was younger I got this stupid idea that I should learn all about marvel and know who the most random characters are. Well that's just bizzare, that's supporting titles not because of good writing and art but because I'm trying to make myself an encyclopedia.

But recently I've slowly changed that. Conan is a good example of that kind of. i'm addicted to the character, I even followed him through differant companies. And I'm ever so slowly getting into the DC universe. The problem I see is usually I enjoy the more street level stories and many of DC are pretty otherwordy, That's why I'm trying Green Arrow, and Bats. At the moment thou, I'm attempting this new Green Lantern series. i'm holding back my judgement on it. One DC title I do enjoy is Robin.

Latest posts

Back