Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Star Trek: Insurrection

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Trek: Nemesis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Galaxy Quest

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Galaxy Quest is hands down, the best Trek film then.

Seriously.

Sure, it's all laughs and on the surface looks like a really 'dumb' parody of the whole thing, but it's NEVER mean-spirited about it. And to top it all off, it's actually got a real dramatic character thing going for it that never seems to compromise the comedic elements or get weakened by them.

I know some people might argue with me on this, but I also thought that it handled the element of Trek-ness well by not really making it necessary to be a complete Trek junkie to enjoy it, all it REALLY demands is that you have a broadly generalized familiarity of the obsessiveness of fan culture.

Galaxy Quest is hands down, the best Trek film then.

Seriously.

Sure, it's all laughs and on the surface looks like a really 'dumb' parody of the whole thing, but it's NEVER mean-spirited about it. And to top it all off, it's actually got a real dramatic character thing going for it that never seems to compromise the comedic elements or get weakened by them.

I know some people might argue with me on this, but I also thought that it handled the element of Trek-ness well by not really making it necessary to be a complete Trek junkie to enjoy it, all it REALLY demands is that you have a broadly generalized familiarity of the obsessiveness of fan culture.

I agree with Ourchair on this one

and now, I feel dirty

Latest posts

Back