Who will be the new 616 character to get the Ultimate treatment in the next 9 issues?

Victor Von Doom said:
How about instead of a new X-Man......a new Ultimate villian??? Say maybe the Brood or Lady Deathstrike???
Dude! She was the main villain in a two-part arc, right before "Magnetic North" started, AND she's a supporting character in the ongoing story, right now.

Last edited:
Can I just remind the posters here that this thread is not about who you want to see Ultimized, in general -- it's about who you think will be Ultimized by Robert Kirkman during his run.

So instead of just throwing out names of your favorite un-Ultimized X-characters, let's consider who it might be, in reference to (a) Kirkman's story-telling style and preferences, based on his existing work; or (b) which characters seem more likely to appear, based on the current storylines in UXM.

Otherwise, start a new thread in the Baseless Speculation forum please.

In Walking Dead, there are often characters that due to inner turmoil and desires cause a mess in the group.

I think a near-villain mutant that could be oart of the team for a while would foot the bill and therefore a version Pyro (similar to the X2 version) could be of use in that direction.

It would have to be someone isn't straight laced, a bit selfish but not a psycho and even has good qualities, you know? Ring a bell amongst the 616 buff?

compound said:
Dude! She was the main villain in a two-part arc, right before "Magnetic North" started, AND she's a supporting character in the ongoing story, right now.

compound said:
Can I just remind the posters here that this thread is not about who you want to see Ultimized, in general -- it's about who you think will be Ultimized by Robert Kirkman during his run.

So instead of just throwing out names of your favorite un-Ultimized X-characters, let's consider who it might be, in reference to (a) Kirkman's story-telling style and preferences, based on his existing work; or (b) which characters seem more likely to appear, based on the current storylines in UXM.

My bad. I don't follow the monthly issues. I read them all together when the come out in TPBs. So I know I'm behind.

It looks like I might have to start catching the monthly issues just so I can be on the forum. Damn...

compound said:

I thought I was the guy fake moderating around here? Anyway, that's kind of impossible and from what I've seen so far we/they have been tossing out logical ideas based on what "popular" X-Men haven't been ultimized yet. We have have nothing as far as clues as to who it's gonna be so by your logic this thread should've be closed altogether from the get go.

E.Vi.L said:
think a near-villain mutant that could be oart of the team for a while would foot the bill and therefore a version Pyro (similar to the X2 version) could be of use in that direction.
Carey's interview says he's doing good fights with Iceman and Human Torch so like I said fire starter would be redundant.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I thought I was the guy fake moderating around here? Anyway, that's kind of impossible and from what I've seen so far we/they have been tossing out logical ideas based on what "popular" X-Men haven't been ultimized yet. We have have nothing as far as clues as to who it's gonna be so by your logic this thread should've be closed altogether from the get go.
Normally, I don't really care much about the UXM, but I think compound's trying to distinguish this from the many MANY MANY "Who joins UXM next?" or "Who becomes a UXM member?" or "Which 616 X-Man gets Ultimatized next?" threads that exist on the board.

But then again, only E.Vi.L, who started this thread, would know what he REALLY intended.

After thoroughly looking through the solicitation of UXM for January, I came to the conclusion that I believe the characater will be Mesmero. C'mon. "The Magician". Who else would that be? I see this being a good opportunity to show how dysfunctional the X-Men are and to have a physical being controlling their emotions and stuff after a tense battle with Magneto, I think that would be real cool. Who knows, though, there are so many characters that can be included.

I really mean : Who will Kirkman ultimatize.

The guy who pointed out that Kirkman wrote a Jubilee mini made a good point in that direction. Presumably Kirkman likes that character.

He wrote anything else Marvel?

EDIT : Wow, Wikipedia has an article on kirkman. Which is a lot more informative than http://www.robertkirkman.com/ . Eh.

At a glance, while he has written several title for marvel, Jubilee was his only mutant.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
I really mean : Who will Kirkman ultimatize.
TA-DA! There you have it, MWOF.

Not what we want to see or what we think could be seen, but what we think Kirkman would do whether mandated by editorial or following his own instincts. So there.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't get it? I knew that's what the thread was about.
Dude, go read your post again, where you disagreed with compound when he said "-- it's about who you think will be Ultimized by Robert Kirkman during his run."

ourchair said:
Not what we want to see or what we think could be seen, but what we think Kirkman would do whether mandated by editorial or following his own instincts. So there.
That's ALL still speculation, so its JUST fine here.

icemastertron said:
That's ALL still speculation, so its JUST fine here.
True.

I'll admit its silly to differentiate speculation of potentially Ultimizable X-Men from speculation of Kirkman's writing path in UXM, as there is a fuzzy line, but IMHO the former is a more general category that allows for baseless and not-so-baseless speculation.

MWOF said:
What'd I say?
Please don't tell me you can't scroll back. I'm on a dialup. Don't make me scroll back for you.

Or are you drunk?:sure:

This picture should explain everything:

05-twisp.jpg

Victor Von Doom said:
My bad. I don't follow the monthly issues. I read them all together when the come out in TPBs. So I know I'm behind.

It looks like I might have to start catching the monthly issues just so I can be on the forum. Damn...
Me too, just keep up with villains and stuff by reading previews.

Goodwill said:
Mesmero guys. Don't you think he would be cool?

You got that from the Magician reference in the solicitation. Which, frankly, is the smartest thing that has been done in this thread.

Yeah, the Magician is either the 616 character OR is the new character (Kirkman will also introduce a brand new character).

A Wikipedia search later, and it seems to me that Mesmero could be the one refered as the magician in preview. But from hypnotist to magician, there is a bit of a stretch, no?

Who else could be "the magician" amongst the 616 crowd?

E.Vi.L. said:
Who else could be "the magician" amongst the 616 crowd?
From the November solits
icemastertron said:
Thrill to the Golden Age adventures of Microman and Mantor the Magician from Human Torch #2 (Fall 1940).
It could happen. However, this isn't quite 616 is it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back