Will you buy the variant covers for Ultimates 2 #7-12?

Will you buy the variant covers for Ultimates 2 #7-12?

• I will buy them regardless of who draws them.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I will only buy them if Hitch draws them.

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • I will only buy the ones I think look good.

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • I will not buy any of them.

Votes: 21 45.7%

• Total voters
Ultxon said:
I said NO! just because if i like the artwork then I'll just buy the poster. That said if there were any indivisuals who may want to have one then I'd be more than willing to get a variant or two [my store gets all those limited edtion covers and never seem to run out].
I think that we'll be seeing them in variant form (like UIM #1) rather than limited edition copies. Limited edition comics are generally created to be more valuable because of some odd factor, such as the all black and white U2 #1. Having some artist spend his time designing six additional covers for the U2 line would be too costly to justify a 1:10 or even 1:5 ratio. If we see them at all, it'll probably be 1:1.

I'm not buyng them because I don't buy The Ultiamtes in single issue. I read it in the store, and get the trades when they come out. Then I get the Hardcovers. And hopefuly pawn off the trades to someone.

I'm guessing they'll come in the trade or something, and I'll end up paying for them when I buy the trade. :roll:

Nurhachi said:
Hell NO! they still the same comic. Why would you want two of the same comic?

I'm with you, but the only reason they do variants is for the people that collect them as if they were a financial investment... They'd cost more in the long run.

It totally depends on each cover.

I'm quite okay with buying a comic purely for the cover, totally regardless of the interior (I have tons of Wonder Woman and Tomb Raider comics I cannot be bothered to read, simply because Adam Hughes drew the amazing covers to them). So, I'll judge it on a case by case basis. I'll get the Hitch one, and if the variant cover is worth the price of 2 pounds, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I'll leave it on the shelf.

Hmm... I think that's the most fair, actually. Buy the covers off of quality rather than whose drawing them, right? I guess this changes things...

Latest posts

Back