Windows Vista

But on a final note, I have no problem with teenage girls purchasing their computers based on aesthetics alone. It's great that they can buy something that's meant to be useful and have to only worry about their looks, because let's face it, not EVERY consumer needs to worry about the technology under the hood. It empowers the non-enthusiast computer user to actually buy a computer without needing to learn a completely new consumer language.

I don't disagree, but the girl in question was in her late 20s.

And not only that, she wasn't choosing between a PC and a Mac. She was choosing between Mac models, which have a pretty wide price range.

It is. In fact it's such malarky that I couldn't help but laugh, quite loudly I might add.

I thought so.

I like to tinker with my machine, and that's impossible with a Mac.
Not necessarily. I hear of some people who do in fact, tinker with their Macs.

But that not only requires some kind of bravado and a good amount of technical proficience, but it's also called "breach of warranty". :D

Yes. I have successfully converted a Windows Vista thread into a Mac thread with one comment.

I'll probably upgrade to Vista after the first Service Pack and after I build my own computer. Hey E, if you are still looking for the Microsoft Vista Upgrade Advisor, here is the link.

I'll probably upgrade to Vista after the first Service Pack and after I build my own computer. Hey E, if you are still looking for the Microsoft Vista Upgrade Advisor, here is the link.

Thanks...

Not necessarily. I hear of some people who do in fact, tinker with their Macs.

But that not only requires some kind of bravado and a good amount of technical proficience, but it's also called "breach of warranty". :D

But my point is that switching out parts and upgrading is much more tedious...you're expected to to just buy a new machine every time yours is obselite.

But my point is that switching out parts and upgrading is much more tedious...you're expected to to just buy a new machine every time yours is obselite.
Degustibus non disputandem, yes?

marvelman said:
Touché, you 11 year-old girl avataar'd poop.

no, but really, that's kind of a weird avataar.
Now how did YOU know how old Warren's daughter is? :shifty:

Hello, Ourchair.

I'm Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC, why don't you have a seat?

This is 2 threads that have turned into disturbing pedophilia talk because of Lilly Ellis.

Warren Ellis is gonna destroy us all.

This is 2 threads that have turned into disturbing pedophilia talk because of Lilly Ellis.

Warren Ellis is gonna destroy us all.
I'd totally post a link to these threads on The Engine, but then I remembered: Warren Ellis doesn't visit So00perhero message boards. :p

Latest posts

Back