World Of Warcraft...

How do you go about getting a DK? I think I wanna make mine an undead when I get it.

Makes sure you have an existing level 55 character on the server you create it on. You then unlock the Death Knight class in character selection. All races can be one as well. I have an Orc Death Knight. You then run through an instanced quest chain only for Death Knights that gets you pretty much from level 77 to 58/59 and come out of it with a full set of blue gear ready for Outland. The gear you get could actually last you until 70 as well, its very good gear.

Makes sure you have an existing level 55 character on the server you create it on. You then unlock the Death Knight class in character selection. All races can be one as well. I have an Orc Death Knight. You then run through an instanced quest chain only for Death Knights that gets you pretty much from level 77 to 58/59 and come out of it with a full set of blue gear ready for Outland. The gear you get could actually last you until 70 as well, its very good gear.

And from what I understand, they are a lot like the rogue class? In that they don't use mana or energy, but this rune power that builds as you are in combat. Am I right in thinking that?

And from what I understand, they are a lot like the rogue class? In that they don't use mana or energy, but this rune power that builds as you are in combat. Am I right in thinking that?

You sir, are correct. There are also 6 runes (2 Blood, 2 Ice, 2 Unholy) with each ability taking one or a combination of these runes.

There are 3 specs, like every other class.

Blood: You are a raging cauldron of hate and pain. Essentially your DPS spec.

Frost: Cold and calculating, you focus your power into a single target. Tank spec

Unholy: Mastery of undeath, disease and pestilence. We're kinda like Hunters and Warlocks.

You sir, are correct. There are also 6 runes (2 Blood, 2 Ice, 2 Unholy) with each ability taking one or a combination of these runes.

Pretty much. I like to think they're like reverse Rogues. Instead of burning Energy and building Combo Points, we're building Runic Power by burning Runes. That's about where the comparison to Rogues ends, though. We have pretty much no CC at all.

It's a very cooldown heavy class. I love it.

There are 3 specs, like every other class.

Blood: You are a raging cauldron of hate and pain. Essentially your DPS spec.

Frost: Cold and calculating, you focus your power into a single target. Tank spec

Unholy: Mastery of undeath, disease and pestilence. We're kinda like Hunters and Warlocks.

They're not so rigid as being DPS, Tank and Pet specs. Unholy DKs make very good tanks, Blood is getting tanking buffs in the next patch and Frost has some crazy burst damage.

I'd say it's more like Blood is survivability (Because you're constantly healing yourself) and sustained DPS, Frost is burst damage and mitigation, and Unholy is heavy on DoTs and avoidance.

Pretty much. I like to think they're like reverse Rogues. Instead of burning Energy and building Combo Points, we're building Runic Power by burning Runes. That's about where the comparison to Rogues ends, though. We have pretty much no CC at all.

It's a very cooldown heavy class. I love it.

They're not so rigid as being DPS, Tank and Pet specs. Unholy DKs make very good tanks, Blood is getting tanking buffs in the next patch and Frost has some crazy burst damage.

I'd say it's more like Blood is survivability (Because you're constantly healing yourself) and sustained DPS, Frost is burst damage and mitigation, and Unholy is heavy on DoTs and avoidance.

I was just shooting for simplification. I've tanked several instances and I'm very Unholy. I love my Gargoyle and Ghouls. and Anti-magic ftw!

I specced Unholy as well. I love the DK though, it feels so different from the other classes but in a good way. Also, levelling through Outland has been very easy so far, have been able to solo most group quests and take out Elites 2-3 levels higher than my level on my own.

I was just shooting for simplification. I've tanked several instances and I'm very Unholy. I love my Gargoyle and Ghouls. and Anti-magic ftw!

True enough. I'm loving Frost, myself. Howling Blast, Frost Strike, Acclimation, Killing Blow. . .all awesome. And Hungering Cold in Battlegrounds and Arena is hilarious.

I specced Unholy as well. I love the DK though, it feels so different from the other classes but in a good way. Also, levelling through Outland has been very easy so far, have been able to solo most group quests and take out Elites 2-3 levels higher than my level on my own.

They become a lot more balanced once you go to Northrend. I can solo an elite of my level if I'm paying attention, but it's nowhere near as easy as it was in Outland.

Huh... Very interesting stuff about the DK. I wanted to go with Frost and I may be going wit either that or Unholy. I already have a Pally and the Blood spec seems to be a lot like how you'd play one of those.

The more of WotLK I play, the more I love it compared to TBC. I just did the quest chain in Zul'Drak that ends with you fighting a big undead Troll and Arthas himself showing up.

"There may be some potential in you yet....."

The more of WotLK I play, the more I love it compared to TBC. I just did the quest chain in Zul'Drak that ends with you fighting a big undead Troll and Arthas himself showing up.

"There may be some potential in you yet....."

I'm loving it because it went from random adventuring (WoW vanilla, TBC) to more story oriented in WotLK

Yeah, that's what I was saying to a friend yesterday. It is still this entire world, with so much to do, but dotted all the way through it are these major quest chains that bring the story of the war against Arthas together, like the Wrathgate sequence or the Betrayal quest chain I just mentioned.

Finally hit 80.

The Frozen Heart is the best quest chain in the entire game, period. Just because when it started, I looked at the little ghost kid, saw his name and rearranged the letters.
"Arthas Menethil"

I'm on Norgannon. I'd switch, but most of my RL friends are on that server and in my guild. And I'm raid leader of my guild, so. . .

Speaking of which, we just started banging our heads on Sapphiron in Naxx. That fight is ROUGH.

Also started keeping drakes up in the Obsidian Sanctum. That's certainly interesting.

I haven't taken on Naxx yet, I am in the second group the guild is forming for newly geared guys, but the first group is stuck on Sapphiron at the moment.

VoA is a nice easy raid though, my 10 and 25 man unlocks on Wednesday.

Latest posts

Back