X-Men: The Last Stand discussion !!!SPOILERS!!!

How would you rate X3

• Total voters
I didn't enjoy it.

A lot of reasons, but really, it just felt like a waste of Pheonix. If they had cut out the Pheonix subplot and given some more time to the characters/produciton of the film, it could have been better.

Why can't half the members here spell Phoenix right?

I downloaded it. God, what a waste of bandwidth that was. Arclight looked like freakin' Prince, Juggernaut was too small, so many mutants were just new characters with familiar names so they could say "Look, we put them in there!". I agree with whoever said the love triangle that was supposed to be Rogue/Bobby/Kitty never really happened.

Potentially good idea, horribly executed. Like I said, listening to Donner, Avi Arad, and some of the cast ***** about the final cut, I would not be at all surprised if we see a Marvel Cut or some other Director's Cut-esque DVD release where they override a lot of Ratner's decisions.

Now I need to delete that crap off my hard drive before it infects my other files.

Alright. I just saw it and....it was alright. Definitely nowhere near as good as the first two but it was still entertaining.

What I liked:
-Not as much Storm as I though and no real traces of a romance between she and Logan.
-Magneto was very badass.
-Kelsey Grammar IS Beast. He was just perfect. A really great casting choice.
-The scene after the credits actually got me a little bit excited about a sequel.

What I didn't like:
-A lot of Magneto's new mutants were just bad. Juggernaut was stupid. I was completely distracted by Arclight's ridiculous haircut in every single scene she was in. I think that one beats out Tom Hank's hair in Da Vinci Code as worst hairstyle of 2006.
-Not enough of the new X-Men. Colossus still felt like he was just doing a cameo and Kitty Pryde and the whole Kitty/Bobby/Rogue love triangle could've been done way better.
-Xavier and Scott's deaths were both terrible. Especially Scott's.
-It was way too short.
-And my biggest complaint of all is how badly they ****ed up the Phoenix. I remember how excited I was when I saw the Pheonix under the water in X2. I had this image in my head of Jean floating over the Earth with the Phoenix Force all around her. The story just could've been done so much better. The movie was decent, but I couldn't stop thinking about how much of a wasted oppurtunity it was. It's sad.

So, overall I'd give it about a 2.5 (C or C-). Entertaining, but nothing close to as good as it should have been.

jtg3885 said:
Why can't half the members here spell Phoenix right?
I have no I dea I always get that wrong

roguefan said:
But still, Psylocke has had those powers in the past.
I did not know that, even so I think its a bad choice, we've seen invisiblity before its old. But its like they should of spent the extra five minutes to look up Kid Omega/Quill and Callisto I mean super speed WHAT THE ****? It just shows that they just got lazy. I also hated how they died in the end just randomly being torn to piece by Phoenix (they really over did that effect)

Random said:
I have no I dea I always get that wrong

I did not know that, even so I think its a bad choice, we've seen invisiblity before its old. But its like they should of spent the extra five minutes to look up Kid Omega/Quill and Callisto I mean super speed WHAT THE ****? It just shows that they just got lazy. I also hated how they died in the end just randomly being torn to piece by Phoenix (they really over did that effect)

They weren't important characters. So it didn't matter that much. I didn't even know that was them until you guys said that. I wouldn't put that much stock into it.

OVERDID IT!?

She used it on Xavier. Then one some at the end. That was it.

Alright, I just got back from plunking down US$19.00 (adult ticket, large coke & super nachos), and I can say that I was entertained…

I can also say that there were many parts I did not think were done 'right', but the lot of you have bitçhed enough about most of those areas… So I won't go over all of that again…

Gotta say, way better than some of the comics adaptations that have come before this…

I waited thru the four+ minutes of credits for the final scene, and now I see where there is plenty of room for another XMen movie… Plus! Chuck just might be able to walk again…!

But what I really want to see is the Wolverine movie(s?)…! Come on Weapon X…!!!

Oh, and about the 'love triangle'… I think it was more about Rogue and her not being able to touch her boyfriend than anything else… I really don't think there was any real romance between Bobby & Kitty…

All in all, better than no XMen movie at all…

Those who bitçh about it, remember that… Better than no XMen movie at all…

Am I the only one who thought why does Magneto have to create a bridge to Alcatraz? I thought during the movie well he's got to have a plan for the bridge, but he just seemed to want to be able to walk his way out if he had to. I thought a better attack would have been to drop the bridge on the facility. There by taking out the soldiers and killing leech.

MaxwellSmart said:
Am I the only one who thought why does Magneto have to create a bridge to Alcatraz? I thought during the movie well he's got to have a plan for the bridge, but he just seemed to want to be able to walk his way out if he had to. I thought a better attack would have been to drop the bridge on the facility. There by taking out the soldiers and killing leech.
Because he's a ****ing show-off.

Those damn muties and their terrifying abilities.

I'll kill them all....Someday....

*sudden cut to credits and music*

Those who bitçh about it, remember that… Better than no XMen movie at all…

Really...I would have been just fine without this movie. I could have waited another 3 years for Singer to have done it.

Latest posts

Back