1/2 reprints

Excelsior

Hello. It's been about 10 years since I've read comics, but I was intrigued enough by the idea behind an Ultimate universe to try it out again. I ordered the USM Vol. 1 TPB and enjoyed it immensely. However, after viewing some threads here, particularly the chronology thread, I noticed that there are some "rare" Wizard special issues numbered 1/2 for both Spidey and X-Men. Are these the only 1/2 issues? And if so, were they ever reprinted? The "Order Hardcover and TPB here" thread makes no mention of either of those issues being included in anything. However, I've found one mention of the Hardcover Vol 3 of USM including the 1/2 issue. I'm sort of a completist (one reason I stopped collecting comics before...it just got too big), and I'd like to get these issues, especially if they were included in any paperback TPB's. Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Excelsior said:
Hello. It's been about 10 years since I've read comics, but I was intrigued enough by the idea behind an Ultimate universe to try it out again. I ordered the USM Vol. 1 TPB and enjoyed it immensely. However, after viewing some threads here, particularly the chronology thread, I noticed that there are some "rare" Wizard special issues numbered 1/2 for both Spidey and X-Men. Are these the only 1/2 issues? And if so, were they ever reprinted? The "Order Hardcover and TPB here" thread makes no mention of either of those issues being included in anything. However, I've found one mention of the Hardcover Vol 3 of USM including the 1/2 issue. I'm sort of a completist (one reason I stopped collecting comics before...it just got too big), and I'd like to get these issues, especially if they were included in any paperback TPB's. Thanks for any help you guys can provide!
Frist of all, WELCOME! :D

As for the 1/2's, they have not been reprinted as of yet. But the UXM 1/2 will be as it appears it will be in the next TPB that will be coming out, which also collects the Annual and issues 57-60.

The USM is unknown at the moment. But it will probably will too, with the annual, if Marvel does it the same as the UXM TPB. If not, they'll find a way.

Ultiamte Spider-man 1/2 is in the Venom Hardcover (V3). It doesn't really fit where they put it though, as the last story in the book. He's got his costume there, and a fairly happy attitude. He's got neither at the end of the Venom storyline, or at the start of V4.

icemastertron said:
The USM is unknown at the moment. But it will probably will too, with the annual, if Marvel does it the same as the UXM TPB. If not, they'll find a way.

Hello, Excelsior. Welcome to Ultimate Central! If you get a chance, stop over to the "Ultimate Central Who's Who" thread in the Site News and Notes section and introduce yourself.

I've seen the Ultimate Spider-man 1/2 issue reprinted in the HUGE hardcover edition of Ultimate Spider-man from Barnes and Noble. This HC contains the first 6 trades, the 1/2 issue, a reprint of the original Spider-man origin story, and some extras like character sketches and scripting of one or two of the USM stories. The drawback is the price, which is around $50. However, if you had to buy all these separately, it would add up to a lot more; if you're fortunate enough to be near a Barnes and Noble, you can sometimes get this HC on sale. For me it was a great deal, as I didn't have any of the trades for this title when I bought the HC. Link for the book: Ultimate Spider-man Hardcover Collection

I'll let some of the more knowledgeable folks here onsite field your questions about the rest of the 1/2 issues.

Seldes Katne said:
I've seen the Ultimate Spider-man 1/2 issue reprinted in the HUGE hardcover edition of Ultimate Spider-man from Barnes and Noble. This HC contains the first 6 trades, the 1/2 issue, a reprint of the original Spider-man origin story, and some extras like character sketches and scripting of one or two of the USM stories. The drawback is the price, which is around $50. However, if you had to buy all these separately, it would add up to a lot more; if you're fortunate enough to be near a Barnes and Noble, you can sometimes get this HC on sale. For me it was a great deal, as I didn't have any of the trades for this title when I bought the HC. Link for the book: Ultimate Spider-man Hardcover Collection
Helpful like always. Thanks Seldes. :D

I appreciate the replies everyone. Since I don't want to clutter the forum with many quick topics, I'll ask another one here.

Seems Ultimate Marvel Team-Up Hardcover is more or less out of print. Also seems that the trade paperbacks are missing some issues...from what I hear, the best ones. Any news on whether another UMTU TPB is forthcoming, or whether the Hardcover will ever be reprinted?

Excelsior said:
I appreciate the replies everyone. Since I don't want to clutter the forum with many quick topics, I'll ask another one here.

Seems Ultimate Marvel Team-Up Hardcover is more or less out of print. Also seems that the trade paperbacks are missing some issues...from what I hear, the best ones. Any news on whether another UMTU TPB is forthcoming, or whether the Hardcover will ever be reprinted?

I think they announced a TPB with the missing issues a couple months back.

UltimateE said:
I think they announced a TPB with the missing issues a couple months back.
Really? I hadn't heard about this. Ultimate Marvel Team-Up V1 and the few missing issues is all I'm short of in my Ultimate TPB collection. I've gotten to the point where I'm about to buy the corresponding Best of Spider-Man HC to get the Team Up Punisher/Daredevil storyline.

Latest posts

Back