24: The Game

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Wow........this is as close to being Jack Bauer as I'll ever (.....or really wanna) get.

This is a really faithful to the topic game. The voicing is dead on and the digital representations of the real people look great........except for Michelle. The camera is totally adjustable and even switches to the traditional 24 split screen at times in order to help you figure out when/how you need to slip past the enemy. The firing mechanics work great, as you can autolock onto an enemy and fire away at his chest or adjust your sight and take a head shot. Plus the game makes you think. Do you just run and gun everyone in sight...or do you wait and silently take them out with a series of melee attacks? Do you kill them all...or do you shoutout "CTU!!! Put down your weapon and surrender!!!"

The gadget part of the game feels faithful as well. Satelitte minigames are common and usage of the PDA is always in full effect. Another fun minigame is the interrogation. Now you don't get to cut anyone or wet their chest and cut open electric wire to shock them....you do get to draw your gun and threaten them. I just wish I coulda shot 'em in the leg.... :wink:

The only downside to the game is the driving part. Not as bad as "Enter the Matrix" driving.........but not exactly "Driver" sharp either. It feels sloppy....kinda like "True Crime". But those parts are few and far between.

Overall.......a solid videogame for anyone.....and a must for 24 fans.

I thought the gameplay was mediocre, if it wasn't 24 and had a great authentic story and voice acting to it, I might passed.

The bad:
- The action sequences are okay with the autolock thing and all, but I found it difficult to aim the crosshairs to the appropriate body part you would want to shoot. I tended to not bother doing any headshots and only aimed when I had to deal with the ones with hostages

- Crappy driving sequences. Good job on replicating LA though, too bad the controls of your car suck.

- Stupid camera and enemy AI. Good luck trying to beat up bad guys that are just right next to you. Also the enemies like to stick out too much and seem to be in fixed positions.

- Shorter than what I thought. Don't expect the game to take 24 hours long even if you die often.

- There are times that they forget that the game should also be in real time. Characters are on the phone at one time and less than 10 seconds later they're already at the location they were talking about on the phone.

- Not much cut scenes pertaining to the motives of the villains in the story. If it wasn't for one of the characters working undercover with the terrorists, we probably would barely know them at all.

- Don't let Palmer's face in the packaging fool you, he is virtually absent in the entire game except for a total of less than three minutes of cut scenes.

- While Keifer Sutherland is a great actor, his voice acting is a little inconsistent especially in the interrogation sequences. He may be calming a witness first and then start slapping and shouting at him or her the next. I'm not sure if Sutherland's inexperience in simply doing voice acting or the flaws in the script are at fault.

Good
- Good likenesses of most of the characters in 24. The graphics aren't the best, but they work and are faithful to the show.

- Excellent presentation. You really feel like you're in the show. There are no sound-alikes used. Keifer Sutherland is still voicing Bauer and so does everyone else. They also used the multiple windows sequences, the clock ticking, and the game allows you to do almost everything the characters of 24 do in the show. Shootouts, stealth, undercover, hacking, interrogations and car chases. Too bad there's no torture sequences though. Don't expect to saw off some scumbag's head or threatening to gouge someone's eye out in the game.

- Great story that doesn't feel like filler. There are sequences here that could never have been done in the show because of budget constraints. You also get to know what happened to President Palmer, how Bauer became good friends with Chase, and of course who is Max (the guy Mandy calls in Season 2's season finale who never shows up again), and what happened to him. There are also nice little additions. Almost every character that survives Season 2 or is added in Season 3 shows up.

Last edited:
cmdrjanjalani said:
I thought the gameplay was mediocre, if it wasn't 24 and had a great authentic story and voice acting to it, I might passed....

I'll agree there. While there are more mediocre/bad parts of the game....if it wasn't for the fact that the game mirrors the look and feel of the show...it would've been as forgettable as any other lisence-based game.

You get to unlock character bonuses if you score higher than 90% in each mission.....but it's aboout as useful as the Arachnoman costume from USM.

And you're right....if the bad guy gets next to you.....consider yourself toast. There are no hand-to-hand moves. You get Sam Fisher's knockdown blow from Splinter Cell 1.

Like I said....a good rental for any gamer. But a must for 24 fans.

Holy crap!!! I've just found out that Nina is part of the terrorist conspiracy!!!

I love this game!!!! Except for when I play as Kim Bauer. stupid stun gun...

So I just beat the game. Wow. :shock:

I love 24 so much that I wish I was a woman so I could have it's "24" babies. Although I'd be worried that my 9 months might be filled with more twists than a regular season of 24.

So I just beat the game. Wow. :shock:

I love 24 so much that I wish I was a woman so I could have it's "24" babies. Although I'd be worried that my 9 months might be filled with more twists than a regular season of 24.
Like Chloe, you would definitely 'open your socket' for Jack Bauer. :p

Just played this. What a disappointment.

24 should have been a real-time adventure game.

Think about it: Fast-paced environment-based puzzle solving to get from point A to point B in warehouses and bases, plus a lot of people-management in CTU in which you try to determine who to trust and who not to trust, plus a rewind-fast forward in time mechanic similar to The Last Express

Latest posts

Back