28 Weeks Later.

Exclusive quote from the new movie: "you don't want to know how i got this zombie piss, but it keeps them away."

Last edited:
By any chance, would anyone know the song that's used from the TV spot, or would know where to find it? I'm not having much luck.

IMDB is your friend.

The song in the trailer is 'Shrinking Universe' by the English rock band Muse. It is a lesser-known track by the band and was originally a b-side.

Yeah, I checked that one from Soundtrack.net. It's the theatre trailer, but the one from the TV Spot was something that Immeadiate (sp?) Music band would do. I DLed that song, it doesn't sound the same.

Well, its a zombie movie so I have to see it. Possibly twice, like I did Dawn and Land of the Dead. I should probably find my copy of the original for a re-watch too.

It's a great movie, and it's a nice twist to zombie idea.

I felt HORRIBLE for that woman. But since she was infected, shouldn't they have left her alone? I never see them attacking each other... which is kinda weird, since they attack everything else.

Just saw this tonight. My thoughts? Good, but not great, I liked the first one better.

Pros: I like the beginning scene with the husband running away, and the scene where he kills his wife. Also, I liked it when the army was ordered to kill everyone. Also I liked it when the sister fell down the escalator in the dark. Hilarious!

Cons: Ok I am sick of retarded **** in horror movies, first the military doesn't post a guard on the mom when everyone knows she is infected. Then they think that a gate with a broom through the handle is good enough to hold the zombies (I'm exaggerating but still). Then the only really likable character (male soldier Doyle) gets torched. Finally, when the female soldier was looking for the girl in the dark, she SEES dad-zombie walk by, and then looks at the ****ing ground! Another thing why does nobody answer the first time someone calls for them!?

I'm probably being too hard, but this was not better than the first one.

I just rewatch JP3 the other day. :evil: ****in' children. :evil:

I don't think that I've ever agreed with you more.

Exclusive quote from the new movie: "you don't want to know how i got this zombie piss, but it keeps them away."

:lol: :lol:

Just saw this tonight. My thoughts? Good, but not great, I liked the first one better.

Pros: I like the beginning scene with the husband running away, and the scene where he kills his wife. Also, I liked it when the army was ordered to kill everyone. Also I liked it when the sister fell down the escalator in the dark. Hilarious!

Cons: Ok I am sick of retarded **** in horror movies, first the military doesn't post a guard on the mom when everyone knows she is infected. Then they think that a gate with a broom through the handle is good enough to hold the zombies (I'm exaggerating but still). Then the only really likable character (male soldier Doyle) gets torched. Finally, when the female soldier was looking for the girl in the dark, she SEES dad-zombie walk by, and then looks at the ****ing ground! Another thing why does nobody answer the first time someone calls for them!?

I'm probably being too hard, but this was not better than the first one.

I don't think that I've ever agreed with you more.

:lol: :lol:

See, I liked a bit better than the original because it went into a fairly unexplored section of Zombies, that being the reconstruction after an event. In most zombie films its either set pre-event and you watch society crumble, well post event where we're into dystopian future with biker gangs and chainsaw fights, or post-event with full recovery. This is the first time I've seen post-event attempted recovery. The first one, while an excellent film, was fairly stock plot wise for a zombie movie. My only complaint with this film is how often the kids Father showed up. That just bugged me.

See, I liked a bit better than the original because it went into a fairly unexplored section of Zombies, that being the reconstruction after an event. In most zombie films its either set pre-event and you watch society crumble, well post event where we're into dystopian future with biker gangs and chainsaw fights, or post-event with full recovery. This is the first time I've seen post-event attempted recovery. The first one, while an excellent film, was fairly stock plot wise for a zombie movie. My only complaint with this film is how often the kids Father showed up. That just bugged me.

I completely agree. I thought this movie was slightly better than "Days", although I really enjoyed "Days" as well.

As for the Dad showing up often, I actually thought that was pretty neat. It showed that the Infected aren't quite like regular zombies. The Infected seem to recognize family members. Hence why he was following them.

I liked that idea, it's just I thought that the execution of that idea wasn't so hot.

I enjoyed the movie better than the first, it was very exhilirating. I definitely believe that 'zombies' are scarier when they're running at you. The initial scene with Don (the kids' dad) running away from an army of Infected was awesome, and there was never a dull moment the moment the disease breaks out again in the city. The best scene after the Rage recursion was the helicopter vs. Infected sequence.

One of the med students with me was really bugged by the part where they were checking the blood and found the 'Rage' virus in it. He says that a viral infection attacks the DNA and you can't just find it looking in a microscope (but I guess they had to do it for pacing reasons). At least that makes sense more in Resident Evil's context were the virus actually mutates them.

I found it annoying that the main cause of the outbreak was the stupid carrier (mom and probably the kid in the end). It also bugged me that they seemed to try to imply that the infected Don actually has some semblance of intelligence left (having avoided the airstrike and always popping out right were the kids are) but they never follow through with it. I also find it ridiculous that the soldiers just mindlessly kill everyone they see even though it is ridiculously obvious that they were dealing with uninfected people (like Doyle getting torched and the sniper on the roof who gets shot at, so he should have at least realized that he wasn't shooting at mindless infected). Lastly, while they were wading in the dark subway why didn't the chick soldier just walk ahead of them since she was the one who had the night-vision googles on?! It's like having a seeing-eye dog barking directions to its owner!

Last edited:
Yeah I hate fast zombies...I haven't seen it yet but if I love it I might get a copy of 28 days later: the aftermath, graphic novel from steve niles (30 days of night, criminal macabre)..it's supposed to bridge the gap between the 2 films,but i flicked through it in borders and it's completely different characters to both films and it didn't seem to go on for 28 weeks, I thought it only went to 38 days later..i mgiht be wrong though, and tbh the only thing that stopped me buying it then and there was cuz I haven't seen the film yet...which i may not like...but probably will.

Saw this today, and really liked it. Lots of good, bloody zombie action with a nice political undercurrent. It was very entertaining. I also loved that they used some of the music from the original movie, particularly the bit from the last few scenes of 'Days'. You know, the one that builds and builds? I've had it stuck in my head all day.

Final Verdict: "Days" was a better film, "Weeks" is a better zombie film.

Latest posts

Back