360 Question

Goodwill

I asked for an XBOX 360 this Christmas but fear I may get the less expensive version... What's the difference between the less expensive one from the regularly priced one? Is it beneficial, or any different, getting the less expensive one? I would just like to play the games, maybe go on-line, and don't know if the gameplay will be any different or whatever... Let me know, please.

Core version (cheapest) : comes with :
# 256MB Memory Unit
# Wireless Pad
# Standard TV Cable
# Face Plate
# Xbox Live Silver membership
# 1 Month Free Trial for Xbox Live Gold
# 5 Arcade Games including Pacman and Uno!

Premium version (middle price) : comes with
# 20GB Hard Drive
# Wireless Pad
# Headset
# Face Plate
# Component HD AV Cable (with scart block)
# Ethernet Cable
# Xbox Live Silver membership

Elite version (most expensive) : comes with

#premium black finish
#120GB hard drive
#Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (black)
#Xbox 360 headset (black)
#Xbox 360 HDMI cable
#Xbox LIVE Silver Membership
#One-month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold

I originally was going to get the Core package, because it was the cheapest.

I eventually decided that I'd be better off saving for that extra two weeks and getting the Premium package. I was pleased.

After a year of enjoyment, I got the Red Ring of Doom and my Xbox was finished.

I contacted the shop from where I originally bought the console less than a year earlier. They gave me two options:

1) I could get another Premium console, absolutely free of charge.

2) I could get an Elite console and a free game for €50.

That €50 was money well spent. An extra 100 GB AND a free game? Thank you, very much.

I originally was going to get the Core package, because it was the cheapest.

I eventually decided that I'd be better off saving for that extra two weeks and getting the Premium package. I was pleased.

After a year of enjoyment, I got the Red Ring of Doom and my Xbox was finished.

I contacted the shop from where I originally bought the console less than a year earlier. They gave me two options:

1) I could get another Premium console, absolutely free of charge.

2) I could get an Elite console and a free game for €50.

That €50 was money well spent. An extra 100 GB AND a free game? Thank you, very much.

plus Elite is meant to be improved so it doesn't over heat as much

The Core/Arcade doesn't have HDMI output.

So really what I'm paying for in the premium package is the extra memory and accessories? That makes it a little bit more tough... Sure, I'd like to have all the extra goodies, but money is an issue. We'll see what Santa brings me, if he even brings me a 360 at all.

The Core/Arcade doesn't have HDMI output.

Can someone please, once and for all, explain to me what exactly that is?! I know I have this cable that came with my Elite console, but for the life of me, I can't understand what it does. Every time I ask, someone gives me a long and complicated answer and I just nod along as if I know what they're saying. Enlighten me.

[/airhead]

Can someone please, once and for all, explain to me what exactly that is?! I know I have this cable that came with my Elite console, but for the life of me, I can't understand what it does. Every time I ask, someone gives me a long and complicated answer and I just nod along as if I know what they're saying. Enlighten me.

[/airhead]

You want simple explanation? It hooks the do-dar to the thingy-ma-bob

But seriously it hooks it to some HD t.v.s/monitors that allow it.

Latest posts

Back