#$%&#*(@#@!!!!!!

Dancanread

is anyone else getting those god-awful cardboard card inserts for emusic in their marvel comics this month? EVERY ONE OF THEM? SO annoying. First those ads for ultimate power that split up splash pages and now this. look like it's gonna be like this all month long!!!:gripe: :furious:

is anyone else getting those god-awful cardboard card inserts for emusic in their marvel comics this month? EVERY ONE OF THEM? SO annoying. First those ads for ultimate power that split up splash pages and now this. look like it's gonna be like this all month long!!!:gripe: :furious:

Wanna know the best part about them? Marvel is also shipping some retailers cards outside of the comics to hand out to customers with a different URL on them, more than likely to see which version is more effective. They don't even need to be in there.

Greeeeeeeeeeat.

........and i guess we're the only two getting them anyway? maybe it's just in new york?

Yeah they're really annoying.

It's been three months since I last picked up my comics, and after getting my stash last Monday I was extremely annoyed by those things. Not to mention the number of ad-pages breaking up the reading experience of the first two chapters of newuniversal.

Greeeeeeeeeeat.

........and i guess we're the only two getting them anyway? maybe it's just in new york?
Oh, no, they annoy us here in Georgia too.

Am I the only one that rips these stupid things out? I hate ads that aren't actual pages. :/

Am I the only one that rips these stupid things out? I hate ads that aren't actual pages. :/
YES. If they can't fit it into the comic's layout, then don't bother.

Unless of course, these people think they're doing us a favor by allowing us to have 'detachable' ad content that prevents us from damaging our comics.

Well, it's still STUPID.

Dancanread said:
They annoy us in Metro Manila, Philippines too.

They annoy us in Metro Manila, Philippines too.
*Calls assasin*

"Go to Metro Manila, Phillippines and kill Ourchair. He'll be the small Asain male with glasses and black hair. He'll probably have a small hot dog, too.

"What do you mean that describes every asain on earth?!"

These stupid things really make it hard to read a comic. At the same time, though, I find I can't quite bring myself to tear them out.

Could be worse though, they put an ad (I think for X-Men: First Class) right in the middle of a two-page spread in Ultimate Power 1.

And the series never recovered after that.

Yeah, it was the ads that ruined Ultimate Power...

Seriously though, I love looking at comics from just 4 years ago and counting 8 ads pages, and then reading through a new comic and counting upwards to 22 ad pages.

Good time to be a reader, huh.

Ads are so cool. Because when I buy comics, I want to make sure that I also keep up with the latest trends.

Does anyone else find the marijuana leaf mazes annoying?? You can't complete them, no matter how hard you try!

Oh, no, they annoy us here in Georgia too.

i absolutely rip them out, but only if i can do so without damaging the rest of the comic, of course. like if the ad is only the center spread, like the XM first class one JoeK mentioned, and the ultimate power one.

Does anyone else find the marijuana leaf mazes annoying?? You can't complete them, no matter how hard you try!

duuuuuuuude. you're not supposed to complete the maze, man. you cut the thing out, and, you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ads are so cool. Because when I buy comics, I want to make sure that I also keep up with the latest trends.

The secret is to get really stoned first then they're easy.

Latest posts

Back