A is not for France.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
I decided, since I said I love you guys, and since I had the pic...well, I was like, "Why not?"

So enjoy the winner of UC's 2004 winner of "Best Funniest Scene". :D

a-for-france.jpg

"You think this letter on my head stands for France?!"

Last edited:
Oh, I loved that. I laughed out loud at that one. Man, if I'd been Mark Millar and I came up with that line, I'd have been dancing around my writing desk for weeks.

Goodwill said:
I still don't see the point or humor in this but it's a good picture of a battered Captain America! ;)
How can you not get it? What's the joke people say about the French and them giving up and what not...

Someone help me out here, please.

Goodwill said:
I still don't see the point or humor in this but it's a good picture of a battered Captain America! ;)

Dudeo its a WWII reference.When the Germans reached Paris the French surrendered rather than have their capital damaged by the fighting.They're being mocked about it to this day,and with good reason.Kleiser was shouting at Cap to surrender,and the surrender is recent memory for him.

Therein lies the funny.

Patriot said:
Dudeo its a WWII reference.When the Germans reached Paris the French surrendered rather than have their capital damaged by the fighting.They're being mocked about it to this day,and with good reason.Kleiser was shouting at Cap to surrender,and the surrender is recent memory for him.

Therein lies the funny.
Thanks Patriot. :wink:

Ultimate Warrior said:
What I want to know is what they translated that line to in France. :?

It was a direct translation!i think Captain France is Millars apology?Or the closest theyre gonna get!Anyone else up for the completely unnecessary return of Captain Shamrock??????????????

Bass said:
Oh, I loved that. I laughed out loud at that one. Man, if I'd been Mark Millar and I came up with that line, I'd have been dancing around my writing desk for weeks.
I have a feeling he probably did. Which is why he felt the need to congratulate himself through General Fury, who says, "I gotta tell you that "doesn't stand for France" line was the funniest thing I heard in ages." :D But hey, I think Millar can have a minor indulgence every now and then.

Ultimate Warrior said:
What I want to know is what they translated that line to in France. :?

Haha, n1 ! I think Millar will get beated someday :lol: nah this guys really has the balls to provoke sometimes ! Thank you millar ! ;)

Latest posts

Back