A question about Beast Boy

E

Excelsior Club
Do Beast Boy's powers only permit him to transform into animals? What about them prevents him from turning into anything, like a house or a rock or a car or anything else that's not an animal?

it's just animals, even there it gets kinda fuzzy, some writers let him go as far as alien animals and fantasy animals, other keep him strictly animals of Earth.

it's just animals, even there it gets kinda fuzzy, some writers let him go as far as alien animals and fantasy animals, other keep him strictly animals of Earth.

Has there ever been given a reason why he can't be anything but an animal? What limits him?

And humans are animals too right? Does that mean he can look like different people too?

Has there ever been given a reason why he can't be anything but an animal? What limits him?

I'd guess there would be problems turning into something that isn't biological? I mean, hypothetically, there would be a pretty stiff difference between turning into something inanimate and turning into something that has a physiology, right?

As for turning into people, as robje said, they'd be green, first of all! There could additionally be the complication of how closely he can model DNA. Can he replicate down to the level of that detail? I mean, when he turns into a tiger, does he turn into a specific tiger? Can he imprint it with specific DNA strands, or is he just replicating "tiger"?

He was bitten by a monkey and then given an untested serum! He's like Card's Tony Stark!

This was brought up in the cartoon, to a degree. A villain cursed all the Titans to turn into animals, but realized that Beast Boy could just change back whenever he wanted. So he cursed Beast Boy so he could turn into anything but animals. Like lamps and telephones and paintbrushes.

Also, I think the serum that gave him his powers was made from the DNA of every animal on Earth.

This was brought up in the cartoon, to a degree. A villain cursed all the Titans to turn into animals, but realized that Beast Boy could just change back whenever he wanted. So he cursed Beast Boy so he could turn into anything but animals. Like lamps and telephones and paintbrushes.

Also, I think the serum that gave him his powers was made from the DNA of every animal on Earth.

EVERY ANIMAL ON EARTH!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

So, I'd guess he replicates the specific DNA extracted from the specimen in the serum.

Are you sure? He has turned into a dinosaur on a few occasions.

I'd guess there would be problems turning into something that isn't biological? I mean, hypothetically, there would be a pretty stiff difference between turning into something inanimate and turning into something that has a physiology, right?

Not necessarily. he's not literally becoming whatever he turns into, so it shouldn't matter. I wouldn't think so anyway.

Are you sure? He has turned into a dinosaur on a few occasions.

Not necessarily. he's not literally becoming whatever he turns into, so it shouldn't matter. I wouldn't think so anyway.

...a dinosaur is an Earth animal.

Well, I'd assume his neurology is intact, but otherwise, I think he is, yes. There's a big difference between turning into something else with a circulatory system, respiration, and all the necessary components of life, and turning into a chair.

In comic book science logic, he's replicating DNA, changing his physiology by rewriting his own DNA. Sure, it's silly, but it's a blueprint that writes out the possibility of becoming something inanimate.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back