A writer in trouble.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Read this over at Millarworld and decided to spread the word around. There's a writer named David Icke who might loose like 16 years of work thanks to some jackass from Missouri.

The background is this. The man involved, called Royal Adams from Missouri, incorporated David's books and company in his own name with David completely excluded. This was without David's permission – of course.

Imagine that. You have worked for 16 years against all the odds, and in the face of enormous abuse and ridicule, to create cutting edge material to alert people to their plight and some guy just puts it all under his own name and tells you he is in control of everything. Gutted is not the word.

David researched and wrote the books; arranged for them to be designed, proof-read and indexed; arranged for the art work and the production of the disk for printing; and paid for all these things to be done.

But when he took steps to have his life's work returned to his control Adams stopped him getting any income from the sales of his OWN books. Adams said that he would only consider restoring the income - David and his family's livelihood - if David signed over rights to all his future works to him.

Adams also demanded $100,000 for David to regain control of his own books – a sum that could have destroyed everything David had spent 16 years creating. Adams also refused numerous requests to make the full accounts of the company available so David could see what he was dealing with.

Click on the link to read the Full story.

Looks like a scam to me.

This is Icke? Wouldn't toss a penny toward his "legal defence fund". I'm suspicious. At a casual glance of his bio and work, he looks like he could be Ron Hubbard's love child. Doesn't have a cult but he seems to have fan club. Unless it's him talking about himself at the third person on his own site. Creepy either way.

I mean, you read that e-mail from the supposed tormentor? What, am I supposed to believe that an illeterate has successfully implemented a cunning scheme to own Icke's work (The exact process used is never really explained, btw) for the sole purpose of punishing him for being a satanist? Huh?

Did you post this as a joke, Ice? Looks like it but a sarcastic smiley would help.

Last edited:
Ice said:
Well, Mark Millar is the one who started the thread and is backing him up.

Yeah, I read that. Perhaps Millar had a friend of his own who tossed him the story and he didn't check it out in depth like I believe you just did. Or perhaps he is a sucker.

Or perhaps this Icke is the real deal. A a delusional loony (Have you skimmed through the conspiracy theories he is peddling in his books?!), but the real deal nonetheless. Who has a real life nemesis named Royal Adams who is hellbent on his destruction. Yep, Royal Adams. Even sound like a comic book villain name.

But hey, I play a lot of poker and by nature I bet according to the odds. I bet this isn't legit. And if Millar is really backing this, I bet he didn't bother checking into it and just relayed the info. Like a friend of mine who floods my e-mail box with every damn chain e-mail warning about various catastrophe (Watch out for giant killer bees migrating North bla bla bla).

If I'm wrong this is the wackiest thing I've seen in a long time.

Here's a quote from his Wiki bio write up :

The Green Party distanced itself from him in 1991 after he announced that he was "the son of God,"[2] (video) and a "channel for the Christ spirit."[3] He began to dress only in turquoise and maintained that the world was ruled by a secret group called the "Global Elite", or "Illuminati", which he linked to The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, an anti-Semitic tract.[4][5] In 1999, he published The Biggest Secret, in which he wrote that the secret world government consists of a race of reptilian humanoids known as the Babylonian Brotherhood, and that many prominent figures are, in fact, reptilian, including George W. Bush, Queen Elizabeth II, Kris Kristofferson, and Boxcar Willie.[4]

This cross-check with the book titles from his sites. The guy is a loon. Now, just because you are a paranoid loon doesn't mean there aren't other loons out to get you, but still...

Last edited:
If this is true, then it sucks. That's a ****ty thing to do to any writer, no matter how..."eccentric" they may be.

I bet it's those damn Jewish Lizard Men who are behind this. Damn you, Lizard Men!

Ice said:
Ha! That's what some guys were saying over at MW, too! :lol:
Yeah, I read the thread and I just had to look him up on Wikipedia.

Definitely some interesting ideas. They'd be more interesting if he wasn't so sadly convinced that they're all true.

E.Vi.L. said:
"Interesting"? So the PC movement has finally caught up with you, eh?
No, I'm using the word in the literal sense. Conspiracy theories are always interesting, no matter how whacked out. I mean, Princess Diana was murdered because she witnessed Charles and Camilla sacrifice their baby in a satanic ritual? This guy is awesome at making up wild ****.

I remember this guy. This is Ultimate Thor. You know it.

Millar's used some of this guy's ideas, too. The Chitauri is from one of this guy's books, I believe. And some other stuff.

Ultimate Thor! :rockon:

Latest posts

Back