All About Movies Thread: 8 Tweets & a Funeral.

"Kaneda!"

"Shoot this mother****er!"

These are the creepiest looking apes ever. Andy Serkis and Weta are involved from King Kong.
[video=youtube;rqyKYrDta_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqyKYrDta_E[/video]

I finally saw the original Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie, and it was terrible. There are so many of those "cheesy, bad-effects, only semi-serious 80s teen fantasy" films that I love, but this was just cringe-worthy to watch. Luke Perry was actually the redeeming feature.

These are the creepiest looking apes ever. Andy Serkis and Weta are involved from King Kong.
[video=youtube;rqyKYrDta_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqyKYrDta_E[/video]

I will be highly surprised if this makes its money back.

If it weren't for the originals this would be completely ridiculous, I imagine the only other way a movie like this can happen is if executives had this conversation:

"You know a sequel to Deep Blue Sea would be the BEST. IDEA. EVER., but the sharks aren't testing well."

"How about apes?"

"Love it."

"I hope LL makes a music video."

Everyone applauded Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

I know which one I'm actually excited for.

I watched Sergio Leone's final film, the four-hour ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA, over three nights. It was pretty good, but the soundtrack - by Ennio Morricone - was excellent. I haven't been able to get it out of my head since the movie ended. I'm going to buy it off iTunes once I get my next paycheck.

Also worth mentioning that, at age 12, Jennifer Connelly was acting circles around all the other guys she had scenes with in the movie. When was the last time she gave a really great performance in a movie? LITTLE CHILDREN?

Then I watched PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE. It was great. Paul Thomas Anderson is the man. Now I just have to watch BOOGIE NIGHTS.

I think Morricone did the music for Good, Bad and the Ugly and even a number of other well known movies up to this generation.

Morricone scored ALL of Leone's films including the whole Dollars trilogy, plus a bunch of other things like The Untouchables and the John Carpenter Thing remake. He's probably one of the most widely-heard composers out there after John Williams. And one of the best.

Last edited:
Ennio Morricone, LITTLE CHILDREN and BOOGIE NIGHTS are all great.

I watched this on friday night:

[video=youtube;H0NWIxl2VJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0NWIxl2VJk[/video]

It is probably the most bizarre movie I have ever seen and it is AMAZING.

I've got the Criterion Blu-ray rip of that but I'm too scared to actually watch it.

I've got the Criterion Blu-ray rip of that but I'm too scared to actually watch it.
It's really not very scary, it just feels like a giggling Japanese schoolgirl is injecting LSD into your eyeballs for 90 minutes.

Which wouldn't be frightening at all of course.

Last edited:
The Way Back was amazing. I don't get how it was only nominated for Best Makeup this year when nobody would've batted an eye if it had been a huge Oscar season release with nods in all the major categories(especially since it's a Peter Weir film). Ed Harris, Saoirse Ronan and Colin Farell were all remarkable.

Latest posts

Back