Alternate Realities.

Lynx said:
I prefered the "The UU has its own Multiverse" theory. It made the UU feel special, rather than the UU being just another alternate universe in the Marvel Multiverse. :sick:

Actually, yeah. Kind of the way DC and Marvel are kept seperate, each one has their own multiverse and such, (even though they do cross over) I think that DC, Marvel and Ultimate Marvel should be kept in their own pockets of Multiverses. Mainstream Ultimate Marvel and Zombie Marvel are just two dimensions (universes) in Ultimate Marvel.

TheManWithoutFear said:
All right Stuart thanks. I just thought I heard somewhere the big whigs say it wouldn't happen but you'd know more than I would. I personally don't want to see a crossover unless it's a tightkept Exiles one. Even that would be in the Exiles title and wouldn't be essential to the Ultimate Universe.
Just to clarify a couple of things about what I said, and how people seem to be interpreting it.

First, while I got to look at advance scripts and quiz people before writing the Handbooks, it doesn't mean I'm privy to high level discussions; I'm a freelancer, not editorial staff or Ultimate universe regular writer. So future plans to either have universes cross over or to never have them cross over is not something I am privy to. I do know the Zombie universe was deliberately kept as similar looking to 616 as possible, simply to play out the deception of the cross over for as long as possible. The Zombie universe is closer in style to 616 than it is to Ultimate.

Second, there's a big difference between "wouldn't", "couldn't" and "shouldn't".
The big whigs may have said cross overs between 616 and Ultimate wouldn't happen, which means that, so long as they or like minded people remain in place (e.g. they don't get replaced by editors and writers who go "hey, it'd be really cool to have 616 and Ultimate meet") and they themselves don't change their minds (which can happen), then we won't see such a cross over.
Is a cross over between the two impossible? i.e. couldn't happen? Nope. They are fictional universes, and no matter how "far apart" anyone feels they are, you, or I, or anyone else who cares to, could write a story where they meet, and if someone at Marvel decided to publish it, it would have officially "happened".
Lastly, many people (and I include myself on this, and apparently, given the "wouldn't" statements, the current Ultimate writers and editors), feel the two universes shouldn't meet. For 616, meeting the Ultimate guys is just meeting one more alternate universe bunch, nothing special. For Ultimate, unless exceptionally well written and kept to an absolute minimum, it could all too easily devalue the Ultimate universe, imo.

Lynx said:
I prefered the "The UU has its own Multiverse" theory. It made the UU feel special, rather than the UU being just another alternate universe in the Marvel Multiverse. :sick:
That could still be the case. We don't know. As I said, numbering the reality doesn't make it the same multiverse as 616 - Earth 1 is also numbered, but that's DC.

However, multiverses are usually grouped together based on the notion of similarities between the universes within. That does, unfortunately for your preference, suggest Ultimate and 616 belong to the same multiverse.

Dr.Strangefate said:
What does one call Multiple Multiverses?
Up from the Multiverse is the Megaverse, which tends to be all the realities which share the same comic line, but are not broadly similar. New Universe and Shadowline are excellent examples of this, and Ultimate falls into this catgeory too, if it isn't in the 616 multiverse. The prime difference between being part of a Megaverse and a Multiverse is the arrangement of the cosmic beings - e.g. Marvel has Eternity and the Living Tribunal, but DC has the Spectre, etc. Shadowline doesn't have an Eternity, neither does New Universe. However, because the same company owns them, they are more closely tied to 616 than DC is, and both of those have crossed into 616.

Lynx said:

That what I was just thinking while I was at work. I didn't mean to be able to go to the 616 Universe. A Multiverse of their own. Maybe even create a Universe were it almost like a Ultimate DC Universe. I mean Some of you are to young to remember this or maybe you just weren't in to comics at the time. But they made a reality that was made up from crossing Marvel Characters with the DC Characters. Ceating Characters like Spider-Boy, Super-Soldier, Iron Lantern, Lobo The Duck, Black Bat, Doctor Strangefate, and so on.

Stuart said:
However, multiverses are usually grouped together based on the notion of similarities between the universes within. That does, unfortunately for your preference, suggest Ultimate and 616 belong to the same multiverse.

That would truly be a shame, in my opinion. It just makes the Ultimate Universe "Just another alternate universe" then. I truly hope that they are different Multiverses.

Last edited:
the watcher said:
Ceating Characters like Spider-Boy, Super-Soldier, Iron Lantern, Lobo The Duck, Black Bat, Doctor Strangefate, and so on.

I do declare!

What on earth are you implying by that?!

I happen to have never been Ceated in my life!

the watcher said:
That what I was just thinking while I was at work. I didn't mean to be able to go to the 616 Universe. A Multiverse of their own. Maybe even create a Universe were it almost like a Ultimate DC Universe. I mean Some of you are to young to remember this or maybe you just weren't in to comics at the time. But they made a reality that was made up from crossing Marvel Characters with the DC Characters. Ceating Characters like Spider-Boy, Super-Soldier, Iron Lantern, Lobo The Duck, Black Bat, Doctor Strangefate, and so on.

And it was called..."Amalgam".

It's been explicitly stated a number of times now that throughout the whole Marvel Multiverse, there is only one Mojo, and only one Mojoverse. It's a nexus point I think.

Kinda proves to me that the UU and the MU aren't anywhere near the same Multiverse.

Fuzzy Birds said:
It's been explicitly stated a number of times now that throughout the whole Marvel Multiverse, there is only one Mojo, and only one Mojoverse. It's a nexus point I think.

Kinda proves to me that the UU and the MU aren't anywhere near the same Multiverse.
Depends who explicitly stated it. If it was Mojo, then you've got to take it with a pinch of salt. And even if there is a single "spineless" Mojo, doesn't mean there can't be other beings who use that name (we've already seen "Mojo 2 the sequel").

Stuart said:
Depends who explicitly stated it. If it was Mojo, then you've got to take it with a pinch of salt. And even if there is a single "spineless" Mojo, doesn't mean there can't be other beings who use that name (we've already seen "Mojo 2 the sequel").
I agree.

Latest posts

Back