American Story franchise Timeline

Updated with 1x03, "Murder House"

Not gonna lie, I had to look up who Sal Mineo was just to be able to place the scene showing his murder.

Speaking of @Rman, if you have any suggestions on dates and placement changes that could be made, I'm all ears, especially since the next two episodes are the two-parter Halloween.

Speaking of @Rman, if you have any suggestions on dates and placement changes that could be made, I'm all ears, especially since the next two episodes are the two-parter Halloween.
I'd move 1x02 and 1x03 into October given future references. I have 1x02 from October 10th-15th, 2011. I remember Ben's phone had a Friday on it when he was seeing Hayden and I think there's another reference to the break-in being a Friday night. In 1x03 the break-in is said to have been last week and they say Sally's appointment was Tuesday so I have it as being October 18th-20th, 2011 with the gazebo being finished sometime later in October. I have it over 3 days since on Wednesday, Hayden asks Ben to meet her tomorrow, meaning
her death should be on Thursday.

The reason I put these in October over September is that in 1x04, Vivian mentions that only 1 person has seen the house in two weeks (Nora in 1x03) and this is said on October 30th. So, 1x03 has to be a couple weeks before 1x04 and 1x02 is the week before 1x03.

I'd move 1x02 and 1x03 into October given future references. I have 1x02 from October 10th-15th, 2011. I remember Ben's phone had a Friday on it when he was seeing Hayden and I think there's another reference to the break-in being a Friday night. In 1x03 the break-in is said to have been last week and they say Sally's appointment was Tuesday so I have it as being October 18th-20th, 2011 with the gazebo being finished sometime later in October. I have it over 3 days since on Wednesday, Hayden asks Ben to meet her tomorrow, meaning
her death should be on Thursday.

The reason I put these in October over September is that in 1x04, Vivian mentions that only 1 person has seen the house in two weeks (Nora in 1x03) and this is said on October 30th. So, 1x03 has to be a couple weeks before 1x04 and 1x02 is the week before 1x03.
Awesome. I'll add those dates in.

Just a heads up the timeline gets a little more confusing in the later half of the season, you'll see what I mean. Curious what your thoughts are on handling it.

Just a heads up the timeline gets a little more confusing in the later half of the season, you'll see what I mean. Curious what your thoughts are on handling it.
Honestly, if there are any visible dates or references that are solid enough to make a note on the timeline, I'll go for that, otherwise, I'll make a note of the timestamp and come back to it later after I've done research.

Admittedly, since this is my first time using timestamps for a timeline, it's still a slightly confusing new method to me (heck, I'm not sure how to clean up the timeline for 1x01), so I wouldn't mind some support further down the line. Hoping I can master it for when I eventually make the anime timeline for the JJBA Timeline.

Timeline updated with 1x04, "Halloween (Part 1)"

Aside from some flashback chicanery, this was a pretty straightforward episode that flowed from the 29th to the 31st (Halloween). Here's hoping Part 2 will be straightforward as well.

Last edited:
Slightly belated by IRL circumstances out of my control, but the timeline has now been updated with 1x05, "Halloween (Part 2)".

Fortunately, no flashback shenanigans for me to deal with, aside from minor placement for some stuff that happens earlier in the night, but overall, a solid episode and an easy one to place.

Latest posts

Back