Andy Kubert not on board for second Ultimate Iron Man mini

Patriot Mk2

The poster formerly known as Johnny Bravo
According to an interview at ComiX-Fan, Ultimate Iron Man artist Andy Kubert will not be providing art for the 2nd 5-issues series.

"Comixfan: With Ultimate Iron Man expanding out to two 5 issues mini-series instead of the originally planned single 6 issue mini, will you be taking over the art chores for both books?

Kubert: No. I am committed to another project at this time.

Comixfan: What do you have planned once Ultimate Iron Man comes to a close?

Kubert: Can't say anything yet! Wait and see!"

From: http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/showthread.php?t=33508

This series seems to be a bit of a sham to me, planning-wise. Like a LOT of Marvel's stuff at the moment.

Thoughts?

Also: My first time breaking news!

Last edited:
Perhaps Card isn't adjusting well to the comic medium which is, I imagine, quite different from writing novels.

Caduceus said:
Perhaps Card isn't adjusting well to the comic medium which is, I imagine, quite different from writing novels.

Kubert said:
Working with Orson has been a real learning experience for me. When I read his first script, I could tell that he had never written a comic script before. He had the sound basic ideas down (which I loved and were the reason why I took the project on), but the pacing for the panels was a bit off. Which was fine. I saw that I could work with that. And I also saw that he would be able to pick up on writing a finished comic script very quickly. By the second issue, he had it nailed.

Don't think so.I'm gonna edit the original post with an excerpt of the part where he says he's not doing it.Just a sec....

maybe Mcniven(sp?) can finish it up once he's done with Ultimate Secret. :)

Ultimate Gambit said:
Origin 2 what the hell would that consist of?

Revealing that Dog Logan is renamed Victor Creed in the Weapon X project....

Basically it would take Logan to Japan, have him come back and fight in both world wars, then be abducted by Weapon X during the cold war

Ultimate Gambit said:
did you think of that or did you read it somewhere?
Its what we know will happen. Whats left to tell is what happens when Logan is running around the woods, to where ever they want to stop it at, which a good place would be when Xavier recruits him.

What's the purpose for a second Iron-Man mini-series anyhow? Can't he tell the story in the original five? That, to me, is another example as to how Marvel is using their big guns...

Goodwill said:
What's the purpose for a second Iron-Man mini-series anyhow? Can't he tell the story in the original five? That, to me, is another example as to how Marvel is using their big guns...
Card wanted to do the second mini. It was his choice and Marvel accepted the idea.

Goodwill said:
It was already said that they wanted to dwelve more into Tony's past, but the second part would deal more into adulthood or something like that. Card originally wasn't on to do the second one, but he said he was having a great time with writing the comic, that he wanted to do the second one as well, and Joe Q. finalized it.

Goodwill said:
Doesn't seem like he's getting anywhere with this one

Are you kidding? That's one thing that just about everyone can agree about, is that this thing is moving along VERY briskly.

It doesn't look like it to me, but as they say, to each his own, right? I would find it very difficult to say that having Stark blue for the good part of his childhood is at all moving at a fast rate.

Goodwill said:
It doesn't look like it to me, but as they say, to each his own, right? I would find it very difficult to say that having Stark blue for the good part of his childhood is at all moving at a fast rate.

Its been Two issues Goody... What has happened?

Stark gets a divorce with his evil wife
Stark meets the nice new lady
Stark shows nice new lady Blue Armor, offers lady job
Stark marries new lady---> They get busy
Divorced wife gets with business enemy to overthrow
Business enemy overthrows
Stark's wife dies at childbirth, tells him that Tony will be a freak
Stark makes his baby blue
Business enemy finds out that Stark still owns everything he wanted
Business enemy abducts tony and washes his head to torture him

What's happened in the last two issues of Ultimate Spiderman??

Harry Osborn started on fire, turned to monster
Harry Osborn throws cars
Spiderman fights Harry Osborn
Spiderman gets the upper hand
Harry says that spidey should kill him
Harry changes his mind
Harry throws cars
SHIELD saves the day
Spidey punches Nick Fury

..... Essentially two issues covering several years,and character development, versus ten minutes of throwing things and Hulkbuster suits...

Ultimate Iron Man wins...

(The Ultimates is the next closest, but UXM is always as slow-paced as USP)

He's comparing it to Spider-Man... Spider-Man has already suited up and faced more than a dozen heroes. Also, really, that's what I've been saying. There's no pace to it yet and all of the people that are arguing with me keep saying that all of this irrelevant stuff wit Tony's father counts for something!

Latest posts

Back