What would you rate Ant-Man?

• Total voters

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
What did everyone think of the movie? Favorite parts? What worked/didn't work? Post your thoughts!

I enjoyed the film, thought it was great. Seeing the Microverse was pretty cool and supposedly if you looked at right, you were supposed to see some sort of embodiment (Eternity or something like that), but I didn't see it. The Falcon scene/fight was awesome!! I wish he wasn't revealed to be in the movie with the TV spots and being mentioned in them, which turned out to be the end scene in the film. Stupid. Seeing Janet (in Wasp costume) was amazing! And the one set up for Hope looks superb. The comedy was done right and you could tell the parts that were from Wright's script (who was still credited for story and screenplay).

I want to see this again. It was smart to make this a heist film.

Last edited:
I saw it tonight. I liked it.

I think they did a really great job integrating the shrinking/growing into the action scenes, as well as making it work in an original way in terms of fight scenes.

I also loved how each type of ant had a specific strength for the heist. That was cool.

The humor was ok, but it felt sort of flat. The film also felt a bit disjointed, a bit of an uneven flow/pace.

Overall it was fun, though.

I thought the first half dragged but when it kicked into gear it was great. I thought the mix of humor and action was well done and the action focusing on the powers was pretty exciting and unique. Was really hoping for a Dr. Strange egg to come with the sub-atomic shrink. Looking forward to Wasp but intrigued on where Janet went. The mid-credit scene and end-credit scene were weak IMO because it didn't introduce anything we didn't know was coming.

I don't think they're really meant to introduce anything, merely tease what's coming next. In that aspect, the job was done. And besides what don't we already know that's coming next?

The Cap one is actually Civil War footage. I thought that was cool.

Seeing the Microverse was pretty cool and supposedly if you looked at right, you were supposed to see some sort of embodiment (Eternity or something like that), but I didn't see it.

I heard it was supposed to be Janet. But I didn't see it either.

I liked it. It was fun overall. I agree with DIB that some of the jokes just didn't land. But some of them did. The shrinking scenes were cool. I especially liked when he was running through the model of the new building while it was being shot at.

I was actually impressed by how many nods there were to Ant-man comics. Besides really getting the legacy hero part down (and tying it into the larger MCU in a really cool way) and making Scott Lang's story exactly what it was supposed to be, they also had Janet "dying" but really just being lost in the microverse. Tales to Astonish. Even the scene where Cross comes to Pym's house to tell him the sale is going down the next day, he's wearing a jacket that was right out of the comics. Remember when Hank Pym was part of the West Coast Avengers and just went by Hank Pym and wore a suit with lots of pockets so he could keep shrunken down weapons and tools in them?

Pym.jpg

I also loved the scenes with Falcon. I had no idea he was going to be in it.

Not perfect by far, but a good movie. B+

EDIT: Also, apparently one of the guys who was there to buy the shrinking tech had a ten-rings tattoo on his neck.

Last edited:
Yeah, there was a lot of comic love in this. I like to think this was Marvel apologizing to the fans for the lack of comic love in Age of Ultron.

Anyone else think Hank is the best addition to the MCU ever? Douglas was so fantastic and to have a Pym that's not just known for for the time he hit his wife is just great. I totally think he did though, dude has a temper.

Yeah, there was a lot of comic love in this. I like to think this was Marvel apologizing to the fans for the lack of comic love in Age of Ultron.

Anyone else think Hank is the best addition to the MCU ever? Douglas was so fantastic and to have a Pym that's not just known for for the time he hit his wife is just great. I totally think he did though, dude has a temper.
I doubt Disney/Marvel will go with that aspect for the movies.

And that from the comics is something I will always 'defend' Hank on because that was never supposed to be in the comics because the artist screwed up.

Yep, but Bryan Hitch sure didn't. I do not care for Ultimate Hank. Appearently Douglas wants his wife to be Wasp. Could work I think.

Last edited:
if you looked at right, you were supposed to see some sort of embodiment (Eternity or something like that), but I didn't see it.

I saw something. Can't say it was him or not. But Eternity dose or at least in some sense exist in this cinematic universe. There was a carving in the temple in GotG that had him Death, Entropy an Infinity depicted in it.

As for my thoughts on the movie... It was fun. The first half did seem slow and a lot of the jokes did seem to fall flat. But it was still a fun movie.

Latest posts

Back