Any good comic review blogs/vlogs

Ninja4peace

I just watched some video reviews on Youtube...boy were they lame...they just told me exactly what happened in each issue and then said it's really good go buy it. I sometimes read comicpants.com but i was interested to know if you guys read any blogs or video blogs where people give a quick rundown of the weeks comics...otherwise I just see if the comics have been mentioned here, you guys generally know what's good from what's bad.

Well, I usually watch variantedition.com, they have new episodes every week in theory, but have been very late lately. I think this whole year they've only done one episode.

But that's probably what you saw on youtube. And honestly, they're not very good. I support what they're trying to do though and you can always post comments on their website, so maybe they'll improve with soem criticism.

comicpants.com have podcasts where it's nice and conversational...sometimes i listen to that and fall asleep. but I was wondering if there'sa quick rundown sort of thing.

I forgot about this comicpants thing. I listened to one about Fables, and Bill Willingham actually told the one guy not to post on his board anymore because he called Willingham a misogynist.

I think I'll try to remember to listen to it from now on. . .

So, it doesn't relate directly, but how come we don't do reviews here? We don't have a hub for articles or reviews on the main page, and for that matter, we don't even have a thread for weekly reviews from random members. Someone should get on that!

Well, maybe we could set up a reviews section or something, which we could use to get people to link to us or something maybe. . . it could transform the board!

Come for the reviews, stay for the PG Asian Girl Thread!

Last edited:
Well, maybe we could set up a reviews section or something, which we could use to get people to link to us or something maybe. . . it could transform the board!

Come for the reviews, stay for the PG Asian Girl Thread!

And/or a features section, and/or bios, or whatever...

Well I suppose as this is ultimate central..and whenever an ultimate comic comes out we always get a summary off someone and we all say what we give it out of 10...same for the regular populars like new avengers and that...still a review thread might not be a bad idea, especially for small comics which don't have their own threads

We've tried setting up a reviews column before, but it never gets off the ground.

I think a reviews thread would be good though. Saves tracking down the various discussion threads to post your thoughts. Maybe a Top 5 Comics of the Week thread or something? I think it would be fun to do. I'll try and set one up if there's enough support.

I say instead of limiting what books we do reviews for, we just have a thread for each week of releases, maybe archived, or maybe in its own sub-forum, and anyone who wants to can choose to review whatever they want from their pull list. I know it will help me to pick up new books if I can see the opinions of other people on various books. I have yet to find a website that does reviews I consistently agree with, but here, we all know some members well enough to draw smart conclusions.

Hibiki said:
that does sounds like fun. What's a mysoginist?

Learning ain't for women-folk, 'less it comes outta a cook book.

Last edited:
Alright, I'll make a thread when next week's comics come out, and we can either review the comics we've read, or pick out one specific comic to review for everyone... your choice. I'll be up for it.

I like the idea of everyone doing short reviews of all their books, with expanded reviews of the ones they really have a lot to talk about.

Also, these should be reviews, not recaps with grades like in our discussion threads.

I like the idea of everyone doing short reviews of all their books, with expanded reviews of the ones they really have a lot to talk about.

Also, these should be reviews, not recaps with grades like in our discussion threads.

Exactly. But we might want to do something to recap the various universes as well. The majority of my pull list tends to come from DC, so I may start a weekly recap thread for the DCU in that sub-forum and let other people fill in the holes I leave behind from books that I don't read. With Countdown coming up, that could be essential.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back