Anyone remember...

nigma

anyone remebmer when they have tried to make such a huge universe in such a short time?, with so many different elements?

-Nigma

Yes, the Valiant Universe. It managed to create some really nice continuity with tight story lines and interesting characters. However as soon as it started getting "big" they started worrying about marketing and video games and special gimmicks and a bunch of other crap that had nothing to do simply cranking out good comics.

The result was the whole thing folded and left what was an exciting universe a forgotten ruin.

XO Manowar used to be one of my favourites. It was like Conan crossed with Ironman set in Aliens, very cool stuff. But like I said greedy marketing people started calling the shots and ruined everything.

I very vaguely remember this from when I collected comics the first time around, but nothing ever interested me enough to get. I do remember pretty solid coverage in Wizard though. This was all - what - back around 1994 or so? Earlier?

No, nothing to do with Marvel. This was before that anyway I think. Maybe closer to 92.

way before my collecting days...i think i was 6 or 7 back in 92.

but i don't think marvel has done anything so big in a short time...the other universes have been going on for a long time...

-Nigma

Geez you guys make me feel old... :(

You know, back in my day we didn't have these fancy graphical user interfaces... in my day, the Internet was ALL TEXT! And we liked it that way!

And we used double sided floppies that only held 180k! And our favorite computer games gave us hours of entertainment at a size that some of today's hit songs would struggle just to fit into as MP3s!

Oh yeah, and we had to clean out the damn vacuum tubes to our computers every week! And.... hey come back here, I'm not done telling you about my time in 'Nam!

....it was warm out... most days were warm... but that one... muggy too.....we were doing a riverboat patrol down the delta.... they just came out fo nowhere... I let loose with the boats mounted gun... laughing my fool head off the entire time.... it was warm out....

Baxter said:
....it was warm out... most days were warm... but that one... muggy too.....we were doing a riverboat patrol down the delta.... they just came out fo nowhere... I let loose with the boats mounted gun... laughing my fool head off the entire time.... it was warm out....
Now THAT went over my head.

Latest posts

Back