Apocalypse intro? (spoilers)

bluebeast

With Dazzler maybe dead in #64 this could start Apocalypse's introduction to UXM. Angel will feel guilty about not being able to save Dazzler and wants to kill himself. Apocalypse rescues him like in 616 and says he can help. Warren says he just doesn't want him or the other X-Men to feel pain for losing more teammates. Apocalypse says he can do that and somehow resurects Dazzler and Beast because he was causing pain for Ororo (that's not a very good reason but i like beast). Apocalypse makes a catch to this deal and turns Angel into Archangel. He also brainwashes Ali and Hank into becoming Horsemen. The Four Horsemen are now Archangel (Death), Dazzler (War), Dark Beast (Pestilence), and Sinister (Famine).

I just think it'd be cool.

Frankly I think that Warren will be War.

Ali calling him War has seemed to be pretty clear foreshadowing.

War, Warren. It's obvious why Dazzler calls Angel "War". I don't think this is foreshadowing in the least bit.

I would like to see Angel's character get more involved after Dazzler's death, however, I don't feel that's an Ultimate way to introduce Apocolypse to the fold. I think it's great that Warren will feel responsible in this hypothetical situation, perhaps to the point of suicide, it hasn't been touched on in this universe yet (Other than Nightmare), but Apocolypse should show himself because of Sinister.

Upon breaking out, Sinister devotes his life to finding and proving Apocolype's existance. I think that would be a cool turn for both Sinister and Apocolypse. I like the idea of Sinister being a servant to Apocolypse.

Him trying to commit suicide would be horrifically tragic way to introduce the idea that his blood accelerates healing....

I would find it ironic... There's nothing angelic about suicide.

and as long as it's not overused, it -is- one of his mutant abilities, there's no reason Ultimate Warren wouldn't have it...

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
I know Warren = War...but i would prefer him to be Death...as in The Angel Of Death, and Dark Beast as War..
Why would Warren=War? That's just a nickname Ali gave him.

I put those characters with those titles because of their personalities. Warren is the classic Death from 616, Ali has a fiery temper and personality making her war, Beast is the super genius who can bring gentic plagues making him pestilence, and Sinister is a sicko who would like to kill innocent people with a death as gruesome as starvation making him famine.

Last edited:
How about have Gambit be Famine imstead of Sinister? Have Sinister as Apocalypse's right hand man. Just an idea!

icemastertron said:

The same reason people call you Ice. It's shortening it. Like 95% of all nicknames are just shortened names.

Anywho, he's my plan for Apocalypse. There's this really old blue guy who is like, "I'm the first mutant! I've lived for 5000 years!" Then he dies of old age. Because I hate Apocalypse.

icemastertron said:

Someone further up mentioned about Ali calling him War being foreshadowning...i just couldn't be bothered to type a lot....so I just wrote '='.....

If Apocalypse is turning up again and if[/] something bad happens to Ali which Warren blames himself for, then I think that War would be the most appropriate horseman. Whether anyone else will pick up on Vaughan's ideas or not is up to them though.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Technically in the book of revelation, all four horsemen were Angels...
I wanna see Warren evolve. 4 faces 6 wings made of brass and wheels instead of legs.

This is how Apocalypse should be introduced:

Make Apocalypse the next evolutionary step, a super mutant, who believes himself to be a god. Ditch the whole immorality thing as well, but keep the survival of the fitest ideology. Apocalypse could also be a cult leader, convincing several mutants that he really is a god, forming a cult known as the Order of the Madri to worship him. Apocalypse could be laying low, but used his mental powers to contact Mr. Sinister, to see if he was worthy to serve him by ordering slaying 10 mutants in his name. Now Apocalypse is ready to unleash his plans for genocide, to cull the weak. Magneto defender of all mutants allies himself with the X-Men to prevent Apocalypse from killing the mutants he would deem weak. Make some of his servants in 616 MU or AoA into Madri cult members, like Abyss.

iceman said:
Anywho, he's my plan for Apocalypse. There's this really old blue guy who is like, "I'm the first mutant! I've lived for 5000 years!" Then he dies of old age. Because I hate Apocalypse.
What's sad about this is that they'd still find an excuse to tell the story in four issues. Bendis could stretch it out to six, and Apocalypse's death would be the deus ex machina fly in the ointment.

To be honest i would like someone else besides Mr. sinister or Angel as horsemen. Maybe they could be helpers or just a regular minions to Apocalypse and not necessarily his horsemen. I would like to see Beast, Dazzler, and Nightcrawler. I can't decide who the fourth would be.

Latest posts

Back