Apocalypto Discussion (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Awesome.

A little irritating how everything falls into place regarding the prophecies. And the younger brother (with the E.D.) was a girly-man. Still, a really good flick.

Basically about a tribe of Aztecs (?) who are taken over by a bigger tribe. One of the hunters shows signs of being a bringing of destruction or savior and ends up escapeing where he's chased down by the father of the son he killed.

Last edited:
Mayans. Its about Mayans. And I thought it was supposed to be about civil war?

Personally I doubt I'll see this until I get broadband back and I can bit torrent it.

Mayans. Its about Mayans. And I thought it was supposed to be about civil war?

Personally I doubt I'll see this until I get broadband back and I can bit torrent it.
Someone told me Aztecs but oh well...

And it kind've is about Civil War I guess. The bigger tribe is the same as the smaller village. I just don't think they knew about them.

Like I said, I haven't seen it, but...

It happens on the Yucatan right? That would be Mayan.

imdb said:
As the Maya kingdom faces its decline, the rulers insist the key to prosperity is to build more temples and offer human sacrifices. Jaguar Paw (Rudy Youngblood), a young man chosen for sacrifice, flees the kingdom to avoid his fate.

I'm really interested in seeing this the more I think about it. I have read enough about the ancient Mayans to have a real curiosity in seeing the empires decline on film. From what I understand, this is about the civil war/food shortage/social collapse that accompanied the destruction of the Mayans.

It says Mayans in all of the things I've read about it.

Latest posts

Back